Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    Surely that's Ashley Cole? :p:
    Mod WUM. :p:

Tbh, it's either him or Evra. Even if the man is a scrote I can't argue with how good he is. That would be illogical.

Frankly I rue the day we lost him. Mentally and emotionally however, as much as a player.

ReputationRep:
    I disagree about Eboue and Clichy. Sagna is better than Eboue defensively and Eboue is better going forward. Now that other teams have competent attacking forces, whereas before it was maybe 4 or 5 teams that did, we are forced to accept we need defenders who can defend better.

Clichy has had a nightmare of a time, but I already see improvement from United to Chelsea games. His general play against Chelsea was absolutely fine... He is not back to terrorising that side of the field with pace and skill, but on top of his game - right now - he is better than Gibbs. Though I am a massive fans of Gibbs and believe he can compete healthily with Clichy for that berth when both are fit.

It is far too early to call time on Gael, imo.

ReputationRep:
    John O'Shea is a better defender than Clichy. No WUM.

ReputationRep:
    xth.

Unfortunately I was playing football while you guys decided to start a new thread.

I think we'll shade it 2-1 tonight, Rosicky to continue his good run of form with another goal.

ReputationRep:
    Clichy needs to improve his crossing. It simply isn't good enough. And he needs to stop backing off defenders when he is defending. Why won't he just learn from Sagna?

ReputationRep:
    The most important thing tonight is the players put 101% effort in. If they do that, I will be a very happy supporter.

ReputationRep:
    If he turns out to be as good as you think Rob, there will never be a man happier to be wrong than me, I assure you.

Defensively the issues we have are in great part psychological - and involve that clown between the sticks. Look at the body language between Almunia and the rest of the defensive line and they clearly trust him as much as a monkey prostitute on crack holding a pair of scissors, who also happens to collect foreskins.

Replace him with a genuinely world class keeper and our organisation would improve overnight, simply because it relies primarily on instinctive control. Though it is something you can train, of course, Arsene isn't as bad at it as people think.

In fact, chances are you may get the Clichy you suspect is there with it. Defenders rely on extreme trust to function as a unit, and they do not trust him.

ReputationRep:
    Off to the game (with a pints-stop to ease the pain of watching us go behind to a early Kuyt goal). I hope Wenger gets his team selection right...Rosicky and Diaby absolutely must start...but I'm not holding my breath.

Come on the mighty gunners.

ReputationRep:

Ohhai.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    If he turns out to be as good as you think Rob, there will never be a man happier to be wrong than me, I assure you.

Defensively the issues we have are in great part psychological - and involve that clown between the sticks. Look at the body language between Almunia and the rest of the defensive line and they clearly trust him as much as a monkey prostitute on crack holding a pair of scissors, who also happens to collect foreskins.

Replace him with a genuinely world class keeper and our organisation would improve overnight, simply because it relies primarily on instinctive control. Though it is something you can train, of course, Arsene isn't as bad at it as people think.

In fact, chances are you may get the Clichy you suspect is there with it. Defenders rely on extreme trust to function as a unit, and they do not trust him.
    Put me in goal. :judge:

ReputationRep:
    I am very tempted to neg you for that Colbert.

Still hurts like a ******* ******* given I am utterly obsessed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Put me in goal. :judge:
    The Venus de Milo would do a better job, so you have my full support.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)

Ohhai.
    I wouldn't feel too bad for Thierry :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    Off to the game (with a pints-stop to ease the pain of watching us go behind to a early Kuyt goal). I hope Wenger gets his team selection right...Rosicky and Diaby absolutely must start...but I'm not holding my breath.

Come on the mighty gunners.
    You lucky *******

But I do agree, Rosicky and especially Diaby HAVE to play from the beginning.

I think I'll subscribe to this new thread then.

ReputationRep:
    This game doesn't really mean anything in the grand scheme of things.

All this talk of 'backlash' is irrelevant, if the team had a backlash every game then we wouldn't need to worry. Same about your point T.Adams, that if they put effort in you'll be a happy supporter.

It's happened before this season, after a loss the team comes back strong for a game or two and gets a few easy wins, everyone is happy then the lazyness sets back in etc. Unless they're putting in the same effort every game then it doesn't really matter, and whilst I think we will beat Liverpool, within a couple of games the players will have settled back into their own little world.

ReputationRep:
    7379837732th

Stop giving Clichy flack. He's been out for a solid 3 months and needs to get to match fitness.

Defence needs to hold their line and stop getting so high up the pitch. Teams are ******* using our tactics against us!

ReputationRep:
    41st **** you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Just looked outside to see its a frickin blizzard, could be mareful trying to get back after the game tonight :rolleyes: AThe win would will more than make up for that though

Last time I said a certain member of our squad should thrive under snowy conditions he did absolutely **** all so I won't jinx it this time and he had better score 4.

ReputationRep:
    If we lose to Liverpool at home, I am not posting on this forum until the premier league season has finished.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.