Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Manchester United supporters set launch massive ownership protest.Thousands of fans will defiantly miss the start United's crucial Champions League game

ReputationRep:
    Best fans in the world.

Wow, they need to **** off and realise you can't have years of happy meal titles without eventually crumbling when the finances are exhausted, especially as they ridicule us for our sustainable development. Joke.

I already have my bet for 2-0 tonight, a humble tenner.

ReputationRep:
    Come on you ********** gooners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Wow, they need to **** off and realise you can't have years of happy meal titles without eventually crumbling when the finances are exhausted, especially as they ridicule us for our sustainable development. Joke.
    There was nothing wrong with United's business model. They could sustain their success - it's not like they have been building debt since the inception of the EPL. It is not a debt bourne out of mismanagement, such as Leeds or Portsmouth. If Arsenal got taken over by someone who leveraged their bid against the club's finances, Arsenal would be up **** creek too. Fortunately Arsenal still have real owners and haven't been floated on the stock exchange and aren't subject to the aggressive takeover that United endured.

United as a club are still turning over the biggest profits of any football club, just the owners are pulling that profit out and sinking it into their debt repayments.

I can't believe you are that ignorant of the United situation, yet your post has far too serious a tone for it to be pure WUM.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't sleep well at all last night, I love these CL nights. Fancy Arsene will go with:

--Almunia--
    --Sagna--Campbell--Vermaelen--Clichy
    --Song--
    --Nasri-------Diaby--
    --Walcott------------------Arshavin--
    --Bendtner--

I think we could do with a bit of the early 90s mentality, just make sure we get to half time without conceding and then win it in the 2nd half. An early goal for Porto would be disastrous.

ReputationRep:
    I just slept for 16 hours, **** me, I'll be hibernating in no time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Didn't sleep well at all last night, I love these CL nights. Fancy Arsene will go with:

--Almunia--
    --Sagna--Campbell--Vermaelen--Clichy
    --Song--
    --Nasri-------Diaby--
    --Walcott------------------Arshavin--
    --Bendtner--

I think we could do with a bit of the early 90s mentality, just make sure we get to half time without conceding and then win it in the 2nd half. An early goal for Porto would be disastrous.
    If that's the attitude, then surely Eboue in front of Sagna would be a better bet? Then bring Theo on after 50/60mins?

As for Utd fans ridiculing Arsenal's finances, I've never seen that, tbpfh, and Rob is just on the WUM. The way your club is run is lauded by most every other club, with the exception being Chelsea. :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    If that's the attitude, then surely Eboue in front of Sagna would be a better bet? Then bring Theo on after 50/60mins?
    Perhaps but given how Theo played v Burnley I think we'll stick with him. Eboue for Sagna around 60 if needed would probably be a better option

I got fifteen hours. It was glorious.

I won't be able to watch any football tonight as my poker tournament starts at eight. Eight ffs. Should be starting at eleven and going on right through the night tbh. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    I love these CL nights.
    And me. But I'm cacking myself atm.

ReputationRep:
    6 hours to go!

ReputationRep:
    Is the match on TV?

And why are you cacking yourself, marsbar?

ReputationRep:
    Is the match on TV?

If by TV you mean ITV, no, surely they'd rather show the Chelsea - Inter game or Man Utd - AC game.

ReputationRep:
    Is the match on TV?

Need to overturn a deficit in a European knock-out tie...and all these stats of "Arsenal haven't overturned a 1st leg deficit in 28 years, and Porto haven't lost a lead in 9875938745 years" being reported isn't helping.

I'm usually nervous before any European game, let alone one of this much importance. Will need to stop by the pins pretty early-ish before getting to the ground...can't face this'un sober.

Lose today and this could have a negative impact on the title challenge too. That's the way it usually works with us.

The fat Russian needs to turn up for us today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    If by TV you mean ITV, no, surely they'd rather show the Chelsea - Inter game or Man Utd - AC game.
    Chelski game is next week, and Utd game is tomorrow......

Fair enough, marsbar, is the pins a pub near the Grove?

ReputationRep:
    5 min walk (just over). It's across the road from a tube station so that's where a lot of people pile-in before games.

ReputationRep:
    Chelski game is next week, and Utd game is tomorrow......

I'm aware of that but ITV only show 1 game Champions League games per 2 weeks or in this case, per week.

Utd vs AC Milan at OT 3 - 2 on aggregate makes our game look Sunday League.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    5 min walk (just over). It's across the road from a tube station so that's where a lot of people pile-in before games.
    Sounds cool. Anyways, hope you enjoy it. Don't wanna see Arsenal knocked out yet, tbh.

Joseph, I wasn't aware that they only show one game a week, looks like I'll be watching this game via a stream BBC text update. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Sounds cool. Anyways, hope you enjoy it. Don't wanna see Arsenal knocked out yet, tbh.

Joseph, I wasn't aware that they only show one game a week, looks like I'll be watching this game via a stream BBC text update. :ninja:
    Yes, like a good citizen, I too will be watching it via BBC text update.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Yes, like a good citizen, I too will be watching it via BBC text update.
    BTW anyone with Xbox live and/or a computer and your parents have sky multiroom you can watch it on the sky player completely concious free :yy:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.