Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    BTW anyone with Xbox live and/or a computer and your parents have sky multiroom you can watch it on the sky player completely concious free :yy:
    BBC text update!

:fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    BBC text update!

Seconded.

It's better than actually going to a game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Seconded.

It's better than actually going to a game.
    People will eventually come to their senses...

ReputationRep:
    BBC text update!

Agree actually. The "BBC Text Updates" are more reliable than the sky player. Never had problems with it tbf. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Agree actually. The "BBC Text Updates" are more reliable than the sky player. Never had problems with it tbf. :ninja:
    By the way, I've actually visited the Michelin HQ in Clermont-Ferrand.

Do you envy me?

ReputationRep:
    By the way, I've actually visited the Michelin HQ in Clermont-Ferrand.

Do you envy me?
    Not particularly we had the F1 cars doing extra testing at my work last week :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Not particularly we had the F1 cars doing extra testing at my work last week :rolleyes:
    Yeah but you weren't able to smell that fresh, new, Michelin tyre straight out the factory.

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but you weren't able to smell that fresh, new, Michelin tyre straight out the factory.

:woo:
    I actually don't like the smell of hot rubber it makes me feel slightly sick which is the exact reason I decided to work with cars!

ReputationRep:
    Match preview is up: http://rantraveandriot.wordpress.com/

ReputationRep:
    Good blog.

But I disagree here:

Tonight is all about patience. Overcommitting too early on would be criminal. Porto don’t have a great record away from home in Europe but they have some pacy attackers.
    Porto will park the bus for the first 20 mins. Although we haven't done it so far this season, if we start recklessly attacking from the first minute, we're more likely to snatch an early goal which could turn it into another Villarreal game from last season. They won't over-commit in attack in a counter...although, I agree that if they do score first, we're pretty much ****ed.

ReputationRep:
    :yy:

I have a feeling that Rosicky could start, not sure where though. Once Nasri improves his decision making he'll a top player, and that will happen with experience.

ReputationRep:
    Came up with a joke earlier while putting away my ASDA shop:

"Feeling tired in the middle of a football match?

There's a sub for that."

ReputationRep:
    Your going to struggle tonight without your best player, Arsenal wont go further into this tournament am afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakapaka)
    Your going to struggle tonight without your best player, Arsenal wont go further into this tournament am afraid.
    I am about 95% certain that you're wrong. Unlike Liverpool we can show (and indeed have before) we aren't a one-man team. We shall see in due course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)

There's a sub for that."
    You are such a fail

ReputationRep:
    http://rantraveandriot.wordpress.com
    (Original post by Overmars)
    Good blog.

But I disagree here:

Porto will park the bus for the first 20 mins. Although we haven't done it so far this season, if we start recklessly attacking from the first minute, we're more likely to snatch an early goal which could turn it into another Villarreal game from last season. They won't over-commit in attack in a counter...although, I agree that if they do score first, we're pretty much ****ed.
    Good write up, but I have to agree and surprisingly enough disagree with Overs. We must over-commit right from the start, getting an early goal but rupture their entire plan and might turn into a massacre. They will park the bus for at least 20 mins and waste as much time as they can, but I have to disagree with you when you said that they not over-commit in attack in a counter, the counter-attack will be their only attack and if they'll push for that goal via counter, which if they get will see them through, regardless of how much time is left on the clock.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakapaka)
    Sakapaka has spoken. After reading this I doubt the players would even bother turning up :p:

But no, I think the tie is still wide open, and Arsenal can very well get back in it. That said, I don't think it will happen because Porto can be a stubborn team, and I reckon (and hope) its the end of the road for Arsenal

ReputationRep:

There's a sub for that."
    And you'd still get an app for that :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

There's a sub for that."
    Oh Marcus :p:

ReputationRep:
    OK the pre match nerves have set in

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.