Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    Now lets not get carried away:rofl:
    I joke but the point stands that we're definitely not a one man team based on tonite's evidence.

Nasri is a very capable replacement IMO and he's the same age as cesc ffs. Arshavin is class when he can be bothered and diaby's control was sexual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Indeed.

There are several players who were better than Bender, who'll get all the headlines. Ah well, looking forward to Rob's post of ejaculation wrt to Bender. World class player now, after contributing to demolishing a mediocre, and frankly woeful, Porto.
    :ditto:

When they came to OT they had Lucho Gonzalez, Lisandro Lopez, plus Fernando and Cissokho (who had blinders that day, the latter is at Lyon now). :hmmm:

I'd rather that Arsenal went through than them, simply not good enough. Not going to take anything away from the Gunners, you weren't so bad tonight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    Clichy is looking his old self again. Boy would I be glad to be wrong on that one. He was ******* terrific tonight I thought.
    Glad to see someone else agrees cause no one else has mentioned his name yet.

ReputationRep:
    It's really smashing to see it.

ReputationRep:
    On a side note I was most disappointing. Where the **** was Eboue's dance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    On a side note I was most disappointing. Where the **** was Eboue's dance?
    He did a little jig but yeah I agree

ReputationRep:
    That was so so so sweet. I know it's only Porto who were poor tonight but that pleased me a ridiculous amount, I even stuck around to see what Sky had to say afterwards. I ******* love it when we play with that intensity.

I think everybody was very good tonight bar Campbell. Almunia generally cleared well and did all that was asked. Sagna and Clichy in particular did a superb job supporting the attacks given the way Porto set up, they must have run miles and miles. Vermaelen was an absolute beast, put in at least 4 superb blocks. Campbell was a bit sloppy and indecisive but wasn't a disaster by any means.

Song was immense breaking up their play and allowing us to dominate the midfield 1st half. Whilst he is a DM he has great drive going forward and decent feet, trouble is sometimes he over commits because he's too keen to get involved and we can get caught on the break. Diaby was solid, drove forward well himself.

Arshavin was causing all sort of trouble. Missed his chance and played some sloppy balls but he was destroying them, similar to is performances last year. Rosicky was class and Wenger seemingly got it right to pick him ahead of Walcott, some of his link up was brilliant. Bendtner didn't do much wrong at all, took his chances and won a few high balls or got the freekick, very ironic but great to see him get the hattrick. Even Eboue looked like a world class winger when he came on, deserved the goal and assist because he's been brilliant recently.

Only slight criticism was that we overplayed it a few times. We took some risks which paid off in many cases and started off an attack but there were some misplaced passes that could have cost us. The key was that we didn't concede though and we managed that.

But MOTM is Nasri, who after his immense performance at the weekend was just immense again. Barely lost the ball, consistently drove forward into space then picked out balls. Great pass for the 1st goal and his goal was just sick, I love the way after beating 3 of them he still had the ability to fool the keeper and pick out the far corner, so good. We were getting overrun 2nd half but that goal killed them. Seems he's much better in the middle and is now starting to live up to his potential.

I ******* love it when we play with that intensity, i'm just gutted I wasn't there

Only slight concern was Arshavin when he came off, I know he often has a head down workman type attitude but he looked a bit pissed off when he came off and ignored Wenger, maybe i'm just reading too much into it

ReputationRep:
    RobbieC is going to go mental. I'm guessing the word 'ejaculation' will appear more than 3-4 times, 'came' a couple of times, 'jizz-worthy' some more...just filth.

Should place some bets wrt how often these words will present themselves in RobbieC's next post(s). I can't quite believe how badly AFC Porto crumbled though but full credit to Arsenal, all the pressure on you, Fabregas-less and you rammed it up them good 'n' 'ard - can only beat what's put in front of you tbh. Like to be able to see this Nasri goal at some point.

Looking forward to our game tomorrow now. Night off from the gym, spent soaking up the game at home. Rape repeat would be nice, plz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    RobbieC is going to go mental. I'm guessing the word 'ejaculation' will appear more than 3-4 times, 'came' a couple of times, 'jizz-worthy' some more...just filth.

Should place some bets wrt how often these words will present themselves in RobbieC's next post(s). I can't quite believe how badly AFC Porto crumbled though but full credit to Arsenal, all the pressure on you, Fabregas-less and you rammed it up them good 'n' 'ard - can only beat what's put in front of you tbh. Like to be able to see this Nasri goal at some point.

Looking forward to our game tomorrow now. Night off from the gym, spent soaking up the game at home. Rape repeat would be nice, plz.
    Goals here. :sexface:

http://arsenalist.com/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    I think everybody was very good tonight bar Campbell. Almunia generally cleared well and did all that was asked. Sagna and Clichy in particular did a superb job supporting the attacks given the way Porto set up, they must have run miles and miles. Vermaelen was an absolute beast, put in at least 4 superb blocks. Campbell was a bit sloppy and indecisive but wasn't a disaster by any means.
    I agree with most of your post but Almunia's shot stopping was quite average tonight, he was more in control of his box at corners but still looked uneasy. His distribution was terrible though, the first clearance Hulk should have punished him first time and the others were either just hoofed anywhere or aimed over Bendtner.

ReputationRep:
    hard to think any team could have stopped you today. ******* hell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    hard to think any team could have stopped you today. ******* hell.
    A certain team from South West London could have... and boy I hope to draw them in the q/f if we get there...

ReputationRep:
    That's a little more stylish WUM there. Getting better cfc. Slowly, but improving.

Anyone who actively wants Arsenal in the quarters is ill.

ReputationRep:
    That's a little more stylish WUM there. Getting better cfc. Slowly, but improving.
    Thanks. I try my best. Obviously if we get there I'd prefer like Bayern Munich, but I'd rather have Arsenal over United/Barcelona...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Thanks. I try my best.
    Need to spend more time with the Gooners to reach the stratospheric heights of WUM however. Your lot don't really know what's going on half the time.

Right now it's very open imo and no draw is particularly "wantable."

ReputationRep:
    I would be embarrassed if Bentdner scored a hat trick against my Champions League team.

I bet N'Gog is crossing his fingers that Liverpool get drawn against Porto at some point next season in the Europa League.

ReputationRep:
    Need to spend more time with the Gooners to reach the stratospheric heights of WUM however. Your lot don't really know what's going on half the time.

Right now it's very open imo and no draw is particularly "wantable."
    Yeah but I'd much prefer Arsenal than United if we made it to the quarters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Yeah but I'd much prefer Arsenal than United if we made it to the quarters.
    :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    Goals here. :sexface:

http://arsenalist.com/
    Number 3, again and again and again and again.

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm2:
    :rofl:

he has a point tbf...but this is your night, don't listen to us WUMs :woo:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.