Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I didn't see an especially good performance from Clichy. There was one moment where he pathetically jumped for a header, missed it completely and allowed their right-winger to run at goal. Luckily Porto's attempt was just as pathetic. That was at 2-0, I believe...around about the time they were starting to pile-on the pressure for 10-15 mins.

Bendtner did well. But I suppose that's the least you can say about a player that scores a hat-trick. Got his positioning and link-up play spot on.

Diaby and Eboue are the unsung heroes at the moment. (Well...Eboue gets plenty of support, but it's always in a non-serious way. He is actually damn good these days) They're the ones not many expected would do so well because they seemed to make the silliest decisions over and over again -- leaving you convinced they didn't have a brain. These days they're making less mistakes than anyone else. I saw Song giving the ball away, I saw Arshavin with some misplaced passes but I don't remember Diaby and Eboue doing much wrong at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    You can piss off tbh

but use the middle drawer, so as not to contaminate my specimen ffs.

And at my demented whismy, I shall develop a piss-clone in your image for the purpose of fervent WUM :coma:
    I will do in a minute. Up at 7. :sigh:

My specimen would only serve to enhance your specimen, tbpfh.

Imagine a joint clone, my dna and yours intertwining and then a monster of Frankenstinian proportions would be the result. Ultimate WUM right there. :drool:

ReputationRep:
    I think it's quite ironic that Song, Bendtner, Eboue and Diaby have all at some point in their Arsenal careers been written off and some questioned Wenger's wisdom yet all 4 of these players have vastly improved, kept going and have been impressive this season. Hopefully the whole team can keep this momentum and confidence going until the end of the season.

ReputationRep:
    We need Zizali stem cells, or WUM cells... to create a WUMpocalypse.

I need to get off this forum forever, ffs.

Up at 7 too. ******* hell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    We'll see...

We're a different kettle to Arsenal. Consider it a john lewis one compared to an argos one.
    What? You can get equally good kettles from both retailers but the one from john lewis is bound to be overpriced? Allegory fail. Actually no, good one.

ReputationRep:
    I've only just got back in from my night out. Great performance from the guys, notably Vermaelen, who showed why he is rated so highly with a series of absolutely outstanding blocks.

Rosicky, Arshavin and Nasri were devastating, switching positions all the time and causing havoc for the Porto defence. Bendtner missed only one or two headers in the entire game, although that's probably the easiest hat trick he's ever going to score.

Campbell looked surprisingly shaky up against the pace and trickery of Falcao tonight, and didn't seem to be winning headers like he normally should.

Eboue was fantastic when he came on, brilliant run and clinical finish.

5-0 was a deserved result, a job well done, and a message to all the haters.

ReputationRep:
    I am seriously questioning all these anon neg-rapes I am enduring... Not even for my really obscene posts either... it's a conspiracy. I need to sub... ffs.

True say, Marco Bearpolo - the team were fantastic and whatever anyone says about Porto being ****... it's because we made them look ****. Not ****, but really... REALLY ordinary.

ReputationRep:
    This thread :rofl:

It has put me in a such a good mood this morning :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Jizzer seems to be sticking to his word thankfully but I'm sure even he couldn't put a dampener on this one although I'm sure he'll find away thanks to the one mistake that was made all game.

Whisper it quietly but I WANT Barca in the next round (assuming they get through). :ninja: If you thought Liverpool were a one man team then they're not even a patch on Barca. Yes they have a team full of attacking talent but they have been relying an INCREDIBLE amount on Messi. Everything they do goes down the right hand side which would worry me if Arshavin was playing down the left but if you cut off Messi it kills their game. Plus I'd get to go to the game in the Camp Nou

Also I think the Chavs will beat Inter comfortably. Saw Inter play at the Camp Nou and they were toothless. Very very average display and were comfortably beaten. Very overrated because they have mourinho in charge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    Whisper it quietly but I WANT Barca in the next round (assuming they get through). :ninja: If you thought Liverpool were a one man team then they're not even a patch on Barca. Yes they have a team full of attacking talent but they have been relying an INCREDIBLE amount on Messi. Everything they do goes down the right hand side which would worry me if Arshavin was playing down the left but if you cut off Messi it kills their game. Plus I'd get to go to the game in the Camp Nou
    Interesting you say that. I know there is the concept of "you have to face them sometime" but surely you'd want to avoid one of the strongest sides in the hope that a weaker side puts them out. And while they may be a one-man team (I couldn't say, I don't watch much Spanish football due to lack of access), that one-man is absolutely breathtaking and probably the best player in world football.

Even still, I think Arsenal could put anyone out on their day. Plus I can understand giving that you could go to Camp Nou - plus there's the little matter of revenge for four years ago. As a neutral, I'd love to see that tie, I think everyone would.

ReputationRep:

:coma: :adore:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    Interesting you say that. I know there is the concept of "you have to face them sometime" but surely you'd want to avoid one of the strongest sides in the hope that a weaker side puts them out. And while they may be a one-man team (I couldn't say, I don't watch much Spanish football due to lack of access), that one-man is absolutely breathtaking and probably the best player in world football.

Even still, I think Arsenal could put anyone out on their day. Plus I can understand giving that you could go to Camp Nou - plus there's the little matter of revenge for four years ago. As a neutral, I'd love to see that tie, I think everyone would.
    Yeah I am being quite selfish in that respect and there is no doubt Messi is one of the best ever even at his age now but they are definitely not invincible. From experience the longer Barca stay in the competition the stronger they get. Right now they're not in good form in La Liga so I'd be keen to face them soon if we have to. In the Q/F there's no weak teams so you'll have to play well regardless. Last night is how we need to play all the time.

And the potential return of TH14 :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I want Chelsea in the next round.

ReputationRep:
    Whisper it quietly but I WANT Barca in the next round (assuming they get through). :ninja: If you thought Liverpool were a one man team then they're not even a patch on Barca.
    Alves, Iniesta, Xavi, Ibrahimovic and Messi.

Not exactly a one man team.

ReputationRep:
    Another thing that impressed me last night way the ref for once. No nonsense, blew up for all the fouls but the game flowed nicely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    Alves, Iniesta, Xavi, Ibrahimovic and Messi.

Not exactly a one man team.
    Alves is a pathetic excuse for a defender. Arshavin would cut him to pieces.

Ibrahimovic has massive talent but is often far too greedy and most of his chances stem from Messi.

Xavi and Iniesta granted are class players but they are both very nimble (both are 5'7"). Against Diaby and Song they could be muscled out of the game.

ReputationRep:

Ibrahimovic has massive talent but is often far too greedy and most of his chances stem from Messi.

Xavi and Iniesta granted are class players but they are both very nimble (both are 5'7"). Against Diaby and Song they could be muscled out of the game.
    I disagree with everything you said.

Alves is a monster FB btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    I want Chelsea in the next round.
    Really?

We'll have Essien back by then, Zhirkov should be back from injury too. We won't be anywhere near as flimsy as we are now...

But, that depends on if we make it through. Fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:

Fair enough wrt Alves' defensive qualities, but he'd cut Clichy and Arshavin to pieces going forward, and then only have to give the ball to Messi.

WRT Xavi and Iniesta, they're very intelligent and it'll take more than muscle to stop them. Also, if Diaby and Song are taking care of them it only leaves Cesc/Nasri, who could be outmuscled by Toure.

Great win, lads. :top2:

ReputationRep:
    One word about that game last night.

Orgasmic :sogood:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.