Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    I disagree with everything you said.

Alves is a monster FB btw.
    Wing back perhaps but full back never. The amount of goals he's been at fault for this year is ridiculous. He's often the source of a lot of their problems and can only attack due to Messi pegging the left winger and left back deep in their own half.

This is my point about Messi. Without Messi, Dani Alves can't function and Ibrahimovic is less effective. Also Xavi and Iniesta have very few options when passing out from midfield as their left side just isn't as strong.

Match review is up now as well: http://rantraveandriot.wordpress.com/

ReputationRep:
    I joined this TSR because of the this Arsenal thread. Absolutely legendary.

Not enough time to comment but the game last night was AMAZING.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Alpharabius)
    I joined this TSR because of the this Arsenal thread. Absolutely legendary.

Not enough time to comment but the game last night was AMAZING.
    :rofl:

Welcome to the WUMfest :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Legendary eh? :sexface:

I just wet myself.

ReputationRep:
    Definately a good performance from you guys, but will be interesting to see how Arsenal compare against a stronger and more able team. Porto were poor just as Arsenal were sharp. I think Inter Milan would be a great test for you guys to prove your worth physically in particular (assuming IM do us all a favour and knock the out the Chavs)

ReputationRep:
    definitely a good performance from you guys, but will be interesting to see how Arsenal compare against a stronger and more able team. Porto were poor just as Arsenal were sharp. I think Inter Milan would be a great test for you guys to prove your worth physically in particular (assuming IM do us all a favour and knock the out the Chavs)

ReputationRep:
    Yeh as an Inter fan I'd love to see us face Arsenal next. I want Moumou to call Wenger a voyeur and Wenger to camp out with a shrug of the shoulders declaring, "I pwefer not to tawlk abowt zese fings" before having his army of prepubescent prodigies obliterated by Muntari :danceboy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tv_a...io/8558164.stm

What a legend.
    :adore:

Phonicsdude -- I don't particularly fancy playing Inter. Bayern, Inter, Man Utd and Chelsea I want to avoid. Obviously one of Inter and Chelsea will go out...so that's nice.

Barcelona deserve to be in that list but I just want to play them. Not because I think we'll win...we probably wouldn't. But I think we have a bigger chance that a lot would think and I think it's the match that all Arsenal fans have wanted to see for a while, and now we're stronger than we have been for some time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)

Phonicsdude -- I don't particularly fancy playing Inter. Bayern, Inter, Man Utd and Chelsea I want to avoid. Obviously one of Inter and Chelsea will go out...so that's nice.

Barcelona deserve to be in that list but I just want to play them. Not because I think we'll win...we probably wouldn't. But I think we have a bigger chance that a lot would think and I think it's the match that all Arsenal fans have wanted to see for a while, and now we're stronger than we have been for some time.
    Perry groves is a king.

I tottaly agree with you..I would love to play Barca in the next round.

ReputationRep:

To be honest, I'd have anyone except Bordeaux.

ReputationRep:

What does he say? I see he doesn't put it on but can't listen cos I'm at work.

And I watched Rubin bloody Kazan beat Barca in the Camp Nou so they are very beatable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phonicsdude)
    Yeh as an Inter fan I'd love to see us face Arsenal next. I want Moumou to call Wenger a voyeur and Wenger to camp out with a shrug of the shoulders declaring, "I pwefer not to tawlk abowt zese fings" before having his army of prepubescent prodigies obliterated by Muntari :danceboy:
    What happened last time we met, remember that night in the San Siro, what was it, 5-1?

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I like how that Dr. whatever said he joined TSR due to this thread's legendary status, yet his post in here wasn't his first on TSR. :toofunny:

Not surprised he's now banned. Obvious dupe is obvious.

ReputationRep:
    Why does Owen Coyle sound like he's dying in every interview he does?

Shame.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal v Barca? Yes please, would be :drool:

Oh and fwiw, Dani Alves doesn't really operate as a defender, in all but name Barcelona play three at the back and they defend by pressuring high up the pitch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    Shame.
    I agree, Bordeaux have been underestimated greatly this season, which is ludicrous considering the fact that they're the only undefeated team in the CL(5 wins - 1 draw - 0 losses).

They're top of the Ligue 1, albeit, on goal difference but have 2 games in hand.

Moreover it only takes me an hour and a half or so to get to Bordeaux by car, having gone to most of their home games in the Champions League, I've developed a soft spot for them, but if they were to play Arsenal, there's no comparison, I'd be the only person amongst the Bordeaux fans with an Arsenal top on.

Oh and thanks for the overwhelming amount of rep, I'll get my measly amount back to you asap :borat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    I agree, Bordeaux have been underestimated greatly this season, which is ludicrous considering the fact that they're the only undefeated team in the CL(5 wins - 1 draw - 0 losses).

They're top of the Ligue 1, albeit, on goal difference but have 2 games in hand.

Moreover it only takes me an hour and a half or so to get to Bordeaux by car, having gone to most of their home games in the Champions League, I've developed a soft spot for them, but if they were to play Arsenal, there's no comparison, I'd be the only person amongst the Bordeaux fans with an Arsenal top on.

Oh and thanks for the overwhelming amount of rep, I'll get my measly amount back to you asap :borat:
    Where do you live?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Where do you live?!?!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Rochelle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    What happened last time we met, remember that night in the San Siro, what was it, 5-1?

:awesome:
    You mean a few weeks after we beat you 3-0 at Highbury? Oh yes, you do. :rolleyes:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.