Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)

He works hard which something that can't be said for a lot of our squad.
    I hope you didn't mean Bendtner lool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NVgrime)
    I hope you didn't mean Bendtner lool
    He does work hard and doesn't get the credit for it. He's always in the right place. His finishing might not be there but the application is. Watch him properly in the next game.

ReputationRep:
    Check out my sexy warning points. I wear them with pride. :sexface:
    You still have a lot to learn...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    This relates to Arsenal in no way, shape or form, but I'll post it anyway:

The Koreans have always had a potent diving team.

ReputationRep:
    He does work hard and doesn't get the credit for it. He's always in the right place. His finishing might not be there but the application is. Watch him properly in the next game.
    Yup. He works very hard. He deserves credit for that. He's usually up for every header and even in the Burnley game where he missed chance after chance -- he did well to keep finding space and make himself available for the chance. Then against Porto, he did the same thing but things worked out for him and he scored a hat-trick.

6 goals in 5 games for club and country -- can't really argue against that. But he needs to keep scoring at a rate of at least 1 in 2 in our run-in. I don't think that's a tough ask considering we're not playing many top teams, so, in theory, we should have plenty of the ball and plenty of chances. I don't really trust him to stick them away anywhere near as I would RVP though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    You still have a lot to learn...
    I know I'll never be at your level

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    Yup. He works very hard. He deserves credit for that. He's usually up for every header and even in the Burnley game where he missed chance after chance -- he did well to keep finding space and make himself available for the chance. Then against Porto, he did the same thing but things worked out for him and he scored a hat-trick.

6 goals in 5 games for club and country -- can't really argue against that. But he needs to keep scoring at a rate of at least 1 in 2 in our run-in. I don't think that's a tough ask considering we're not playing many top teams, so, in theory, we should have plenty of the ball and plenty of chances. I don't really trust him to stick them away anywhere near as I would RVP though.
    I can't remember where but someone did a crude calculation on the number of minutes that Bendtner has played and the frequency he scores. If you take into account the fact most of his appearances have been as sub then apparently it worked out to a goal every other game. I think people forget he is still learning and also that he is not the main striker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    I think Rosicky is a doubt as well so I reckon Theo will get a game:

--Almunia--
    --Silvestre--Vermaelen-
    --Eboue------------------Clichy--
    --Denilson--
    --Nasri------Diaby--
    --Walcott----------------Arshavin--
    --Bendtner--

I think we are obviously missing key players in Gallas, Song, Cesc and of course the continued absence of RVP, but I don't think we should have much trouble. Nasri's form over the past 3 weeks has been bordering on the kind we've seen from Cesc at his best, Theo looked good against weaker opposition in Burnley last week and Arshavin's time out seems to have done him well as we saw some of that great flair and innovative play again on Tuesday. Nik might not be the greatest finisher yet, but his instinct is incredible, he is constantly in the right positions and unless he's having a shocker, which to his credit is fairly rare for him these days, then the result is inevitable. 6 goals in 5 for him is it? I fancy that to be better than 6 in 6. My only niggling concern for the game would be a certain Jimmy Bullard, when he managed a few weeks of fitness a few months ago he had an astonishing effect on the rest of the team, I, and I suspect many of you, have seen the goal he scored for Hull reserves a couple of weeks back, he is certainly someone not willing to give up and could pose a problem if he is actually fit, not sure that he is though? I can't honestly see us taking less than 3 points from this.
    Arsène will get our troops hyped up, us against the world mentality, I too can't see why we shouldn't leave with 3 points. My only worry is Silvestre... I'd rather play Fabianski at centre-back, anything but Silvestre.

ReputationRep:
    Only in the last couple of games, so the improvement is arriving, but why he cant turn his Denmark form into his Arsenal performance more often is a mystery. [inb4 (And yes he has been injured for most of this season but im talking about the games he HAS played in before his injury)]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    I'd normally agree with you but he seemed pretty decent against Burnley last week so I'll give him the benefit for this game, tbh I'd hope there isn't much for him to do, just so long as he doesn't **** about on the ball and consistently chooses the sensible options he should be fine.

We could always play him instead...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    :rofl: Not a bad idea tbh.

I've just been paint jobbing myself; getting everything but the players in black and white for the new sig. :cool:
    Good stuff.

£10 says someone will come out with "that's not what the FA Cup looks like".

ReputationRep:
    Josef would certainly instil some leadership..

ReputationRep:
    You have no idea how shocked I was when the first thing I saw was that.

I mean, what the **** is the Premiership trophy doing in our thread anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voodoomagic)
    Josef would certainly instil some leadership..
    He'd have certainly sorted out WUMebayor when he got out of line...

------------------------------Almunia
    -----Eboue-------Campbell---------------Vermaelen-------Clichy
    ------------------------------Denilson
    --------------------Nasri------------------Diaby
    -------Walcott---------------------------------------Arshavin
    ------------------------------Bendtner

Imo. The inclusion of Campbell is based on:

(Original post by The Guardian)
    Wenger will be hoping the veteran Sol Campbell can shrug off the effects of cramp to face relegation-threatened Hull. "Campbell looks better than expected today.'
    Pretty sure Walcott will start, also:

'We have a little doubt about [Tomas] Rosicky, but we will check that tomorrow morning.'
    :led me to think that he will start off as a sub, and will be introduced later (preferably for Nasri or Arshavin).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    I think Rosicky is a doubt as well so I reckon Theo will get a game:

--Almunia--
    --Silvestre--Vermaelen-
    --Eboue------------------Clichy--
    --Denilson--
    --Nasri------Diaby--
    --Walcott----------------Arshavin--
    --Bendtner--

I think we are obviously missing key players in Gallas, Song, Cesc and of course the continued absence of RVP, but I don't think we should have much trouble. Nasri's form over the past 3 weeks has been bordering on the kind we've seen from Cesc at his best, Theo looked good against weaker opposition in Burnley last week and Arshavin's time out seems to have done him well as we saw some of that great flair and innovative play again on Tuesday. Nik might not be the greatest finisher yet, but his instinct is incredible, he is constantly in the right positions and unless he's having a shocker, which to his credit is fairly rare for him these days, then the result is inevitable. 6 goals in 5 for him is it? I fancy that to be better than 6 in 6. My only niggling concern for the game would be a certain Jimmy Bullard, when he managed a few weeks of fitness a few months ago he had an astonishing effect on the rest of the team, I, and I suspect many of you, have seen the goal he scored for Hull reserves a couple of weeks back, he is certainly someone not willing to give up and could pose a problem if he is actually fit, not sure that he is though? I can't honestly see us taking less than 3 points from this.
    :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Stalin: Thanks dude. :borat:

Btw, the beard is gone ffs. And you lose a tenner, as you can't yet rep with 6k pts. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for liking my FB joke HP.

ReputationRep:
    It was ******* awful.

ReputationRep:
    I know.

Just like all the rest.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.