Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    You are obviously some kind of comedy criminal. I am willing to offer some degree of protection from the authorities to such outlaws, if only to ensure such jokes are anarchically kept in full public view.

ReputationRep:
    I just can't help it, me. Any opportunity for a joke or similarly horrendous pun is immediately taken up in a lustful, childish fit of lust.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voodoomagic)
    I see your strange korean man and raise you comedy dutch defending.

:rofl:

Killing three birds with one stone that was.

Not looking forward to Hull, but I think we can scrape by 2-1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Lyon will be the team everyone will be hoping to be paired up against.

Man Utd will be the team everyone will be dreading to be paired up against.
    I think Arsenal have a great chance agiant any except Man u and Barcelona, those kind of teams seem to have a poisen that Arsenal are weak against. Its sad because Arsenal always play better football than any team, when they loose its not becuase they have been out classed, its becuase of silly mistakes or trickery by the opposing side ie counter attack which man u base their whole game on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dan1607)
    I think Arsenal have a great chance agiant any except Man u and Barcelona, those kind of teams seem to have a poisen that Arsenal are weak against. Its sad because Arsenal always play better football than any team, when they loose its not becuase they have been out classed, its becuase of silly mistakes or trickery by the opposing side ie counter attack which man u base their whole game on.
    You think Arsenal would have a good chance against Chelsea/Inter?

Lille - Liverpool goes live in 5 mins ladies, allez Lille!

ReputationRep:
    I want to watch Juve - Fulham, not Lille - Liverpool. :fyi:

ReputationRep:
    You'll do well in here. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    You think Arsenal would have a good chance against Chelsea/Inter?

Lille - Liverpool goes live in 5 mins ladies, allez Lille!
    I think that even if Inter beat Chelsea, Arsenal have a much better chance against inter than Chelsea. The true strenghts of Arsenal show when they play other european teams i feel, because the way many english teams play is too pysical for the young Arsenal team. Then when you add the pysical side with skill you have teams like Man u and Chelsea who are Arsenals cryptonite. But it goes to show that Arsenal play good football or else they wouldn't be contending for the premiership in such enviroments.

ReputationRep:
    I think that even if Inter beat Chelsea, Arsenal have a much better chance against inter than Chelsea. The true strenghts of Arsenal show when they play other european teams i feel, because the way many english teams play is too pysical for the young Arsenal team. Then when you add the pysical side with skill you have teams like Man u and Chelsea who are Arsenals cryptonite. But it goes to show that Arsenal play good football or else they wouldn't be contending for the premiership in such enviroments.
    Surely if Inter manage to beat Chelsea over 2 legs they'll be more of a threat than Chelsea ever were?

When you've got the likes of Maicon, Zanetti, Samuel and Lucio in defence, nothing gets by.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why, but I genuinely think we'll beat whomever we're drawn against - whether hypotheticals dictate an English side, Barca, whatever. It feels good for some reason and I'm not nearly as hung up on it as usual.

Odd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    I don't know why, but I genuinely think we'll beat whomever we're drawn against - whether hypotheticals dictate an English side, Barca, whatever. It feels good for some reason and I'm not nearly as hung up on it as usual.

Odd.
    Someone seems to be talking boulder dash.

We'll beat Man Utd? Must I remind you of the severe arse kicking we received last year?

I'd advise you to start growing your beard again, the beard brings wiseness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    3 days Kev, 3 days. :sexface:
    Bring cake. And come alone.

The latter is surely something you're used to. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Surely if Inter manage to beat Chelsea over 2 legs they'll be more of a threat than Chelsea ever were?

When you've got the likes of Maicon, Zanetti, Samuel and Lucio in defence, nothing gets by.
    I understand what your saying and its completely logical.
    But in this kind of situation i think its more like a rock, paper and scissors. This is judging by how Arsenal are playing now and how they have played in the past. Though it is true to some extent what some people say, anything can happen in the champions league.

ReputationRep:
    I'm as interested in what happened last year as I am in what kind of contraceptives Margaret Thatcher used during her university years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Bring cake. And come alone.

The latter is surely something you're used to. :ahee:
    Oh, you got jokes.

ReputationRep:
    I'm as interested in what happened last year as I am in what kind of contraceptives Margaret Thatcher used during her university years.
    Fair enough, what about this year at the Emirates for example?

ReputationRep:
    I understand what your saying and its completely logical.
    But in this kind of situation i think its more like a rock, paper and scissors. This is judging by how Arsenal are playing now and how they have played in the past. Though it is true to some extent what some people say, anything can happen in the champions league.
    Indeed, Liverpool managed to win it 5 times, which just proves that anything can happen.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, what about this year at the Emirates for example?
    Still not particularly impressed.

If people want to live in the past, fine by me, as long the selfsame people aren't the first ones to pipe up about another trophyless season.

I'm not going to buy into this insane depression about facing them or some other sides I could mention based on prior incidences. This team is growing far too fast to do that with any great amount of confidence.

To suggest beating United over two legs is "boulderdash" is unbelievably narrow minded.

ReputationRep:

If people want to live in the past, fine by me, as long the selfsame people aren't the first ones to pipe up about another trophyless season.

I'm not going to buy into this insane depression about facing them or some other sides I could mention based on prior incidences. This team is growing far too fast to do that with any great amount of confidence.

To suggest beating United over two legs is "boulderdash" is unbelievably narrow minded.
    Although I'd like to call myself an optimistic person, I really cannot see us beating Man Utd this season, that doesn't mean that we won't have a chance against other teams, I think we could certainly give Barcelona a run for their money, but Utd, who I've followed closely this season look too strong, but who knows? Should Rooney pick up an injury, should Vidic pick up an injury or should VDS pick up an injury, this could change dramatically.

Football is football, stranger things have happened in the past, but I'm sure if Arsenal and Man Utd were drawn together in the next stage, Utd would be the favourites, by 10 large, country miles.

ReputationRep:

You have a great attitude, but i just think that the way Manchester united play really exposes Arsenals weaknesses ie the lack of of older veteran players who would be able to stamp out trickery and flukes from the opposition and players who will get in there and literally fight for the ball, Arsenal don't have that atm. It's not nice and its not true football, but its essential if you want to stand a chance against skillfull english teams.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.