Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    The former is surely something you're used to. :ahee:

..and I think a certain member may disagree with the latter :ninja:
    Perhaps.

WRT Champions League, would I like Arsenal? Not particularly, anything can happen in a KO competition, and it's been proven time and time again. As for saying about Liverpool's 5 wins, and being seemingly dismissive of that momentous achievement, :facepalm2:

True football? WTF?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dan1607)
    You have a great attitude, but i just think that the way Manchester united play really exposes Arsenals weaknesses ie the lack of of older veteran players who would be able to stamp out trickery and flukes from the opposition and players who will get in there and literally fight for the ball, Arsenal don't have that atm. It's not nice and its not true football, but its essential if you want to stand a chance against skillfull english teams.
    I'm not avoiding our weaknesses by any means. But there many more dynamics at work here. To ignore that is playground prophecy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dan1607)
    You have a great attitude, but i just think that the way Manchester united play really exposes Arsenals weaknesses ie the lack of of older veteran players who would be able to stamp out trickery and flukes from the opposition and players who will get in there and literally fight for the ball, Arsenal don't have that atm. It's not nice and its not true football, but its essential if you want to stand a chance against skillfull english teams.
    I agree, if Arsenal were losing 3-0, had 3 men sent off and had Silvestre in goals with 5 mins to go, I'm sure HP and RobbieC would still have faith in the team, it's admirative and I like the spirit, but I'm a realist and sometimes there are teams who are simply too strong.

ReputationRep:
    What a free-kick by Legear for Anderlecht just now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    I agree, if Arsenal were losing 3-0, had 3 men sent off and had Silvestre in goals with 5 mins to go, I'm sure HP and RobbieC would still have faith in the team, it's admirative and I like the spirit, but I'm a realist and sometimes there are teams who are simply too strong.
    And yet here we are, competing to take them over 38 games.

Weird, that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Only kidding sexyboi :sexface:

Whilst you may not want us, if you were to face us, how confident would you be on getting through?
    I know.

I think it'd be a close game, and we'd win by one goal. But only if all the cogs of our machine are turning. But we don't play true football, so if we do get ye and beat ye, I won't even mention it. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    And yet here we are, competing to take them over 38 games.

Weird, that.
    There's still a long, long way to go.

That's also how I like it.

ReputationRep:
    Romelo Lukaku can't be 16. Surely.

ReputationRep:
    The guy who looks like a 38 year old bricklayer *** street fighter *** part time "fun days off" Baghdad security guard?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that one.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else watching the Liverpool game?

ReputationRep:
    Are you ill?

ReputationRep:
    Great strike from Jarolim there.

ReputationRep:
    Hamburger doing work.

ReputationRep:
    Lolle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Lolle.
    :teehee:

Hazard in the Liverpool penalty area. :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    Romelo Lukaku can't be 16. Surely.
    He was born in Belgium with a Belgian birth certificate.

ReputationRep:
    Lolerpool...

ReputationRep:
    Lolle.
    rofl

ReputationRep:
    Manninger in goal for Juve, what a legend!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.