Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    Why does Clichy have to constantly open his mouth?

We're still bloody 3rd, and he's talking about eclipsing the invincibles. :facepalm2:

Just ******* shutup and do your talking on the pitch.
    It's called PR. I don't think there's any doubting that this is our best team since the Invincibles, and it's a young squad with even more potential.

It's a sneaky way of putting pressure on Man Utd and Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    It's called PR. I don't think there's any doubting that this is our best team since the Invincibles, and it's a young squad with even more potential.

It's a sneaky way of putting pressure on Man Utd and Chelsea.
    This isn't the time for PR. We have easy fixtures, and all we need now is to concentrate. Ignore the media, and concentrate. Everytime Clichy/Bendtner/Almunia/RVP go and talk to the media about how we're changing, we go and **** up. Clichy constantly has something to say, while he's usually one of the main culprits when we drop points. He should be the last one talking. The likes of Vermaelen/Cesc can handle the media.

ReputationRep:

We're still bloody 3rd, and he's talking about eclipsing the invincibles. :facepalm2:

:yy:

True story.

ReputationRep:
    Just need to keep quiet and get it done really.

I had the strangest dream where I was having a ****ging match with some random pundit - I don't remember who, it was kind of all of them in one body... - about how they'd written us off after a couple of bad results and then started flocking to the Wenger altar all of a sudden again. It was strange, just thought I'd share..

Ultimately I think we're far too good for Hull, we've got momentum and confidence on our side while the reprobates have lost 3 on the trot and got absolutely womped by Everton last week.

ReputationRep:

lolz, link?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    lolz, link?
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...016666,00.html

ReputationRep:
    Team for Hull (I predicted the Porto team perfectly)

Almunia

Sagna Campbell Vermaelen Clichy

Nasri Denilson Diaby

Walcott Bendtner Arshavin

I reckon this will be the team. If we can't be can't confident with that team to beat Hull, we're not good enough.

ReputationRep:
    @voodoomagic:

It's their cup-final. They absolutely, utterly hate us and they'll be kicking us every second we're out there. Form really does go out the window.

The only thing that gives me hope is the midfield that started last season was: Eboue---Diaby---Denilson---Nasri

...and that was when Diaby and Eboue were pants. And we still won 1-3. Although upfront we had Adebayor and Van Persie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    @voodoomagic:

It's their cup-final. They absolutely, utterly hate us and they'll be kicking us every second we're out there. Form really does go out the window.
    Think there's probably a lot of truth in that for them, but not for us. There's a spring in our step going forward that hasn't always been there this season. If only we can keep it tight at the back and not gift any set piece goals then I think we're going to take 3pts.

Nice flat cap...

ReputationRep:
    Just imagine if our defence was solid :coma:

World domination :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Just imagine if our defence was solid :coma:

World domination :coma:
    We've got some exciting prospects coming through in defence. Let's not forget Gibbs who I think will be better than Clichy once he's matured and beefed up a little. Also Havard Nordveit who is meant to be pretty good and also Kyle Bartley who looks very good IMO.

ReputationRep:
    Hull's cup final it is.

It is an absolute joke that they get themselves into such a state...

but it's the same old story, a small club wanting the biggest scalp around.

They won't get a ******* hair, and if Hunt does anything... he is dead.

ReputationRep:
    I've never gotten the 'It'll be our year next year' jokes about Liverpool supporters as I haven't heard one Liverpool supporter say we will actually win the league once in about 10 years. Last year we had a good chance coming in to the home stretch and we finished second to the Invincibles team. Apart from that nobody has actually said anything :dontknow: Even this season, the media predicted us to win it :facepalm2: when personally I thought we would finish third and most of of my friends though 2nd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    x
    Some depressing odds for you:

8/1- Gerrard, Torres and Benitez all gone before start of next season
    5/6- Benitez gone
    11/8 Citeh to finish fourth
    3/1 Villa/liverpool/Spuds to finish fourth

source: http://www.williamhillmedia.com/inde...asp?file=14103

ReputationRep:
    How are Citeh such favourites?

3/1 for liverpool are good odds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    How are Citeh such favourites?

3/1 for liverpool are good odds.

£££s.

They also have a game in hand on Spurs, and two on 'Pool.

ReputationRep:
    Citeh's next two games are Sunderland away and Fulham away. Both are strong at home -- can't see Citeh winning either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    £££s.

They also have a game in hand on Spurs, and two on 'Pool.
    This + Tevez. The troll like one could single handedly get them into the champions league with his goals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    This + Tevez. The troll like one could single handedly get them into the champions league with his goals.
    Agreed.

Overs, that may be the case but can you see 'Pool or Spurs winning the two games they play even if City do drop points? I can't see it, tbh. Atm, 'Pool will be lucky to hold onto sixth.

ReputationRep:
    I've thought a lot about this and I'm inclined to agree with Overmars.

I can see the City games being hideous 0-0 or 1-1, I'm confident Spuds and Liverpool will win. If they get something at Old Trafford, then that sways it even more.

3/1 are pretty good odds, and I'll be surprised if Liverpool don't get 4th or 5th.

I'll be extremely happy if City get 4th though.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.