Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    I meant what was it time for, not what it was!

What happened to the clock anyway? I take it they didn't move it to Emirates.

The only thing I saw there when I visited was a huge apple crumble up on the stand
    It's being moved to the Emirates in the summer, they're doing a few adjustments to the stadium.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    It's being moved to the Emirates in the summer, they're doing a few adjustments to the stadium.
    Ahh, I get Overmars' reply now.

Took their time :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    So, Arsenal are joint-top of the Premier League, behind leaders Chelsea on goal-difference, but they didn't half make hard work of victory over 10-man Hull City. It was a far from vintage display by Arsene Wenger's men, but they got the three points thanks to Nicklas Bendtner's late, late winner. Hull? They battled heroically for no reward, and remain three points adrift of safety at the other end of the table. That's life, I'm afraid...

Get out. Any team that resorts to playing an 8-1-0 formation for 20 minutes deserves absolutely nothing from a game.
    Boateng tries to shatter someones leg and gets sent off, and now we should feel sorry for Hull and label them heroes? Usual BRITISH punditry. (At most QF for England at WC). Hull lack the basic quality, and have made NO attempt in trying to develop the footballing part of their game, why the **** should we feel sorry for them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    Arshavin is starting to piss me off. Wenger needs to slap him into shape, if he were any other player he'd be dropped. He needs to realise he isn't undroppable, terrible arrogant attitude.

However he has scored 10 goals this season as a winger, most of which have been very crucial. So fair play to him.
    He is too good to drop. I think there's only he or RVP that could've scored the goal he scored today. His finishing was shocking today and he didn't track back, but ultimately, we need him on the pitch at any cost.

I completely agree with you that his attitude is crap, but when we've needed him, he usually turns up.

Hopefully with Song and Cesc back, we will be able to boss the midfield and we won't be counting on Arshavin to produce something out of nothing.

ReputationRep:
    That was a ******* mess like. Even't wife fancies Boateng's tackle was champion. What was ref up to? It's a ******* joke like. Should have had another pen. No red card like. What the **** is going on?

And to top'tall off, my tan's gone green like. ******* mess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amii_G)
    Why?
    He's the most laziest player to play for Arsenal under Wenger. And he doesn't care when he gives the ball away. Do you seriously think Fergie would take that crap? He's a worldclass player, but he could offer so much more, if he put 100% in. It's very frustrating.

ReputationRep:
    Got nothing on Shawcrossy

ReputationRep:
    The clock is at the Emirates but it's on the back of one of the screens so you can only see it when walking up to the ground but not when you're inside.

(Original post by Phil Brown)
    That was a ******* mess like. Even't wife fancies Boateng's tackle was champion. What was ref up to? It's a ******* joke like. Should have had another pen. No red card like. What the **** is going on?

:rofl:

ReputationRep:

I'll give you an hour.

ReputationRep:
    He's the most laziest player to play for Arsenal under Wenger. And he doesn't care when he gives the ball away. Do you seriously think Fergie would take that crap? He's a worldclass player, but he could offer so much more, if he put 100% in. It's very frustrating.
    I 100% agree. I got knocked back for saying that months ago. C'est la vie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Got nothing on Shawcrossy
    Tried signing that wonderful ******* last year but had trouble with probation officer like. Stole some lead off a bakery roof ant' was nicking cobble stones ant' sellin' em on. What a fantastic *******. Reminds me of me pa.

ReputationRep:
    Boateng tries to shatter someones leg and gets sent off, and now we should feel sorry for Hull and label them heroes? Usual BRITISH punditry. (At most QF for England at WC). Hull lack the basic quality, and have made NO attempt in trying to develop the footballing part of their game, why the **** should we feel sorry for them?
    So out of curiosity, what would you do if you have a team that is significantly weaker than your opponent (who is hungry to win); your team has 10 men and you're holding onto a 1-1 draw which could potentially help your relegation battle?

To actually go out and attack a team like Arsenal in that sort of situation is nothing more than suicide as they would get beaten decisively. At least the way they played in the second half, they nearly got a point.

Although if your point was that Hull shouldn't have been kicking at Arsenal, and not relating to the fact that they were playing defensive, just ignore this post :p:

Although I do agree with the ridiculousness of British punditry and their hyperbole (use of words like heroic, for example).

ReputationRep:
    Tried signing that wonderful ******* last year but had trouble with probation officer like. Stole some lead off a bakery roof ant' was nicking cobble stones ant' sellin' em on. What a fantastic *******. Reminds me of me pa.
    What's your opinion of TP? :cool:

ReputationRep:

Blatant wumming is not cool.

ReputationRep:
    The referee today was shocking and his pathetic linesmen. They let Hull get away with so many late tackles and then when it actually counts they give a Hull a penalty that was blatently offside and it was debatable whether it was even a foul.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    What's your opinion of TP? :cool:
    Champion bloke. Met him few years back at a Big Sam swingers party. He was int' corner with this rotund lass, and thought I'd go over ant' say ello like. Made a mess of me pie when he turned round the fantastic *******. Ah, we had a bevvy or fifteen and reminisced about those long lost days where English football was for Englishmen, and GELness ruled the waves with that Britannia lass.

Fantastic *******.

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking the exact same thing that he should be subbed for Theo instead of Eboue.

The problem is he is like Ronaldinho, lazy but you never know when/if there will be a moment of pure magic that will win you the game.

Big win tho, at least we dragged it out eventually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    So out of curiosity, what would you do if you have a team that is significantly weaker than your opponent (who is hungry to win); your team has 10 men and you're holding onto a 1-1 draw which could potentially help your relegation battle?

To actually go out and attack a team like Arsenal in that sort of situation is nothing more than suicide as they would get beaten decisively. At least the way they played in the second half, they nearly got a point.
    I wasn't really talking about today per se. Hull have been in the top flight for quite a while now. They've made ZERO attempt in trying to develop the footballing side of their game. This is evident by the signings they make, and the fact that for the past year and half, you know exactly what you are going to get from them. I'm not talking about triangles here, but just general tactics and the scientific part of the game. Instead, just like Stoke/Blackburn they're just lazy and resort to hacking and kicking, and running around for 90 minutes. Compare that to teams like West Ham/Sunderland/Fulhum who actually try to play football.

ReputationRep:
    Are we having sweepstakes on whether "Phil Brown" is Poo, Robbie C, JK or any other potential candidate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    Are we having sweepstakes on whether "Phil Brown" is Poo, Robbie C, JK or any other potential candidate?
    None of those.

Genius though

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.