Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    This is probably the reason why none of the big clubs picked him up until later on in his career when he recognised he needs to have a few decent games to guaranteee himself a bumper pay day. Now that he has got he just turns up for the bigger games, giving the impression of someone putting themselves in the shop window.
    He gets less at Arsenal than he did at Zenit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Good win yesterday. At 90 mins, I was frustrated at the lack of urgency, ******* pissed off at Hull's tactics, swearing to myself in undertones and thinking about how eerily accurate Overmars' predictions have been recently.

Despite widespread criticisms, I do not think Arshavin has been that ****** - neither his play nor his attitude. The goal, in particular, shows that he can be bothered to put in effort. Bendtner is beginning to become the fox-in-the-box we've been needing, and Walcott suddenly looks like a wonderkid again. Things just might go our way this season.
    Don't say those words! I still need therapy from the last time we had one of those!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    Don't say those words! I still need therapy from the last time we had one of those!
    Adebayor?

:vroam:

ReputationRep:
    Where's MC Robbie? :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    He gets less at Arsenal than he did at Zenit.
    I don't even know why I'm suprised at that considering how the likes of Zenit are bankrolled.
    What was he on after tax there compared to here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    Adebayor?

:vroam:

No this gormless numpty.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I knew who you were talking about. I was just being hiliarious.

Jeffers could've 'made it' if he wasn't so s***e injury-prone and wasn't competing with Henry, Bergkamp and Wiltord. Still, a shocking amount of money to waste at that time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    I don't even know why I'm suprised at that considering how the likes of Zenit are bankrolled.
    What was he on after tax there compared to here?
    I'm not entirely sure, AFAIK he was on circa £65k/wk after tax in Russia, plus bonuses......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    I'm predicting a draw. Reason: Hull will kick us for 90 mins and we haven't got Cesc and Song who can deal with it.

Win this, and I reckon we'll win the league.
    :awesome:

Does this mean you have to be optimist now? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    Hmmm. This is one I'm really feeling dodgy about if I'm honest.

Buy hey, we want to win the title right? 1-2 Arsenal.

And Natty, it's up to you to save me. Give me an incentive and I might forego the hilarious follicle accident.
    What a prediction!:congrats: and didn't you say that Bendtner will score?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panthalic)
    :awesome:

Does this mean you have to be optimist now? :woo:
    I think we'll win the league, yes.

The way I see it, after the Chelsea game, we quite easily could've fallen apart. We've had a broken leg to an excellent squad player, our captain's been missing for the last few games, we've got Song's inevitable suspension out of the way and won both league games that he missed. This with our usual injuries with Rosicky missing the last game. Our best striker by far has been out for pretty much the whole season. I know every team has their injury problems and I'm not saying we've had it the worst -- I'm just saying not many would've given us a hope in hell to be in the position we are now. Even Bendtner's got 7 goals in 6 games. Everyone has been stepping up and with Song and Cesc back to control the midfield, things are looking very promising.

Either way, I think we've done superbly well and if you don't get behind the team and believe in them now, you never will. Our guys have shown a lot of balls to keep winning games they haven't enjoyed playing, and it has been great to watch them battle and grind out wins in the last few weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Credit to bendtner for his recent form but I'm still not convinced about him. I cant ever see him becoming a first team player for us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ticktockclock)
    Credit to bendtner for his recent form but I'm still not convinced about him. I cant ever see him becoming a first team player for us.
    When RVP is fit there'll simply be no comparison but right now we don't have much choice which is why he a first team player.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think Wenger will revert back to the 4-4-2 formation when RVP's back? 4-3-3 seems to suit Arsenal well this season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amii_G)
    Do you think Wenger will revert back to the 4-4-2 formation when RVP's back? 4-3-3 seems to suit Arsenal well this season.
    Wenger's been slowly changing the formation to 4-3-3 over quite a few years now so I don't see him reverting back to 4-4-2. When RvP is back Bendtner might be pushed out to the right like he was earlier in the season, or most probably be put on the bench if others are fit.

ReputationRep:
    It is highly highly likely Robin Van Persie won't be used this season. He needs time to get into the flow again and this normally takes three or eight games to do. We simply don't have those games to waste. In other news:

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN DTNER

ReputationRep:
    Also, you lot are critically underrating Bendtner, he'd walk into any team in the premiership, save United and Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    RVP will probably go to the WC, much to Wenger's disdain.

Reems, Bendtner wouldn't walk into City's/'Pool's team either. No sir.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    RVP will probably go to the WC, must to Wenger's disdain.

Reems, Bendtner wouldn't walk into City's/'Pool's team either. No sir.
    He would when Torres leaves.

ReputationRep:
    When RVP's back (and the odds are that he won't be back to play any meaningful role this season), we'll still continue with the 4-3-3 for two reasons:

1) Our midfield looks much, much stronger when we have 3 CMs: Song, Diaby, Cesc
    2) We can't accommodate Arshavin in a midfield 4 because he doesn't work as hard as Nasri, Rosicky and Eboue.

Next season, I suspect RVP will play as a right-sided forward (like he does for Holland) and Chamakh will play as our powerful centre forward. Arshavin on the left. And we don't have to worry about unhappy players because RVP will get injured soon enough and Nasri, Rosicky, Walcott, Eboue etc. will have plenty of opportunities to play.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.