Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ar5enal Fan)
    Wenger's been slowly changing the formation to 4-3-3 over quite a few years now so I don't see him reverting back to 4-4-2. When RvP is back Bendtner might be pushed out to the right like he was earlier in the season, or most probably be put on the bench if others are fit.
    Yeah, I only brought it up because I recently read Bendtner saying he filled his potential when he was upfront, rather than on the left. When he did play there at the beginning of the season, he was just average and obviously didn't get as many goals. There's also the competition out there. However, with him hitting his stride now and scoring goals, it seems Wenger may need to re-think...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    RVP will probably go to the WC, must to Wenger's disdain.

Reems, Bendtner wouldn't walk into City's/'Pool's team either. No sir.
    Only Torres is a better striker than Bentner in the Liverpool team.

I don't pay enough attention to City to comment.

ReputationRep:
    He'll probably turn into the old supersub he used to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)

Tevez

ReputationRep:
    Depends if you rate him higher than Adebayor really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Tevez
    Tevez has made the headlines but is Adebayor performing better than Bendtner? I'd hazard a guess at no, but tbh :iiam:.

ReputationRep:
    Tevez has made the headlines but is Adebayor performing better than Bendtner? I'd hazard a guess at no, but tbh :iiam:.
    As much as I dislike Adebayor, he's an excellent player when he tries, I rate him a fair bit higher than Bendtner to be honest, but he's 4 years older than Nicky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeppaloth)
    Depends if you rate him higher than Adebayor really.
    Nah. Ade's better. As is Bellamy and Tevez. But Ade's the only 'like for like'. Although Bellamy and Tevez are better forwards, Bendtner and Tevez or Bendtner and Bellamy would probably form a better partnership because of Bendtner's aerial threat.

ReputationRep:
    For you Bendtner would be better, for us Adebayor. For whatever reason you fell out big time with him and him with you. Post ACN his effort has been second to one (Tevez but thats a given).

ReputationRep:
    I really really think Mr B can become a top top player for us. I think he has all the necessary attributes and his attitude means he can become a world beater, and tha's the troof. Just needs to keep playing.

ReputationRep:
    I really really think Mr B can become a top top player for us. I think he has all the necessary attributes and his attitude means he can become a world beater, and tha's the troof. Just needs to keep playing.
    I'm just not seeing it tbh. I don't think Bendtner has the technical ability to become a top player and even a 'big man up front' needs technical ability. I haven't seen many players that improve their finishing. The thing is -- if we knew Bendtner wasn't a confident player, we could put his crap finishing down to nerves or inexperience. But we can't do that because we know Bendtner doesn't get nervous.

I think Bendtner has a limit. And that limit is not far off what he's showing now. He can become as good as Adebayor, but that's it IMO. And, to be honest, that's good enough. We don't need stars in every position. Sometimes having a solid player who works hard is more beneficial than anything else.

ReputationRep:
    Lower league clubs value their few shots on goal, they are hardly gonna let Bendtner waste them

Darren Bent > Bendtner, TBFH.

ReputationRep:

'Pool only play with one up front. So, Bendtner would inevitably be on the bench, tbh......

ReputationRep:
    When the ball came to Bendtner I was expecting something resembling a pass into the keepers hands, even when he'd stuck it in I thought he'd be offside. Finishing has been hit and miss but it's been great having a CF back in the team just for his general play. It's a shame Arsene played him when he wasn't 100% and we lost him for 3 months. He's not great, I doubt he'll ever be a world beater but there is something about him, he's a decent squad player for the forseeable future anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    'Pool only play with one up front. So, Bendtner would inevitably be on the bench, tbh......
    Torres won't stick around for a mediocre Europa League team. Sign him up Wenger :cool:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    When the ball came to Bendtner I was expecting something resembling a pass into the keepers hands, even when he'd stuck it in I thought he'd be offside. Finishing has been hit and miss but it's been great having a CF back in the team just for his general play. It's a shame Arsene played him when he wasn't 100% and we lost him for 3 months. He's not great, I doubt he'll ever be a world beater but there is something about him, he's a decent squad player for the forseeable future anyway

:ditto: He won't be world-class or anything near it but if he steps up his game a little bit than that's all we really need from him:dontknow:

Torres won't stick around for a mediocre Europa League team. Sign him up Wenger :cool:.

OMG just imagine Van Persie and Torres upfront:sogood: :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    A front 3 of Arshavin, Torres and Van Persie with Fabregas pulling the strings :coma: Too bad Torres and RvP would spend over half the season out injured :p:

ReputationRep:
    Torres to follow Rafa back to Spain.

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for Man Utd/Chelsea to drop points...

*sigh*

ReputationRep:
    Villa have a decent chance of coming 4th, and that would be a victory for football and deserved for MO'N.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.