Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    With big Jens in goal, who knows what'll happen, he might even take a dump on the pitch this time
    I was thinking about going to the game purely on the basis that Jens would be playing. I decided against it and spent the exact same amount on flights home for the final game of the season

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    I was thinking about going to the game purely on the basis that Jens would be playing. I decided against it and spent the exact same amount on flights home for the final game of the season
    I could've gone to the Bordeaux - Olympiakos game tonight at the Stade Chaban Delmas, but I have a glorious job interview to attend to in approximately 1 hour.

I'm not content tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Happy St Paddys my fellow Arsenal faithfuls

ReputationRep:
    I could've gone to the Bordeaux - Olympiakos game tonight at the Stade Chaban Delmas, but I have a glorious job interview to attend to in approximately 1 hour.

I'm not content tbh.
    Could you not have gone afterwards? Good luck BTW.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    Could you not have gone afterwards? Good luck BTW.
    I don't know when the entire interview will finish because the owner might want to see me at work. So unless it's a quick, 'right, you seem good enough, now piss off' kind of interview I doubt I'll be able to make it to Bordeaux and will more than likely be watching it on on a widescreen.

Thanks.

Anyway, I'm off to decimate my toilet, adios.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really that I can't go to school and terrorise all the Chelsea fans

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    There is not a chance we would of been able to get De Rossi, and any bid would if been £40m+ just to even have a chance. He is likely to be a Roma player for the rest of his career unless soemthign drastic happens.

Also considering Liverpool are so defensive buying a defensive midfielder would of been slightly ridiculous...
    If we're talking Roma surely David Pizarro would have been a better fit for 'pool than Aquilani. Similar to Xabi in that he sits deeper and sprays passes around. Downside is that he's 30 but I doubt he'd be as fragile or as expensive as Aquilani.

ReputationRep:
    Interview well alright, owner said she'd phone me in 15 days to let me know, so fingers crossed.

Bordeaux tickets are sold out and a train ticket would've cost me about £20.

Anyway, time to stock up on Guinness before my store runs dry.

ReputationRep:
    Guinness sucks ****.

ReputationRep:
    I've got to get up at 6am as usual so no ridiculous amounts of guinness for me. Either way it's at least €4 a pint over here. FML.

At least I have the nice feeling of there being only one team in Fulham in Europe to keep me warm. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Draw at 11GMT.

Inter fan who wants MAn Utd to draw Barca in the other half of the draw. I think we would have you tbh. The type of team that could cause us problems is one with passing and moving deluxe i.e. Arsenal or Barcelona. But then Inter, like Chelsea, could smash your flimsy bones off the park. I think that you could reach the semis with a nice draw but if you get Barca, Inter or Man Utd you can say byebye.

HAving said that if Inter dont win then I'd like Arsenal to do the double.

ReputationRep:
    €5 for a pint of Guinness in a pub here...

€1.50 at the store though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phonicsdude)
    Draw at 11GMT.

Inter fan who wants MAn Utd to draw Barca in the other half of the draw. I think we would have you tbh. The type of team that could cause us problems is one with passing and moving deluxe i.e. Arsenal or Barcelona. But then Inter, like Chelsea, could smash your flimsy bones off the park. I think that you could reach the semis with a nice draw but if you get Barca, Inter or Man Utd you can say byebye.

HAving said that if Inter dont win then I'd like Arsenal to do the double.
    I'm quite confident we can take Inter. With Cesc/Arshavin/Nasri/Rosicky in full action, most defences should be scared. Song and Diaby should be strong enough for Cambiasso/Motta. It will be down to who wants it more. I'm more scared of United, as they know how we play, and are likely to employ the usual 5 man midfield, with Park/Fletcher and Rooney up top. If we face United we have to go 4-4-2, otherwise they'll break down our 4-3-3 which is more effective against lower opposition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    I'm quite confident we can take Inter. With Cesc/Arshavin/Nasri/Rosicky in full action, most defences should be scared. Song and Diaby should be strong enough for Cambiasso/Motta. It will be down to who wants it more. I'm more scared of United, as they know how we play, and are likely to employ the usual 5 man midfield, with Park/Fletcher and Rooney up top. If we face United we have to go 4-4-2, otherwise they'll break down our 4-3-3 which is more effective against lower opposition.
    Motta and Cambiasso would be used to crush your attacking midfielders. Sneijder would probably run rings around Song. Our forwards (Eto'o, Milito and Pandev) are extremely mobile and would probably cause your shaky backline a lot of problems.

I think your forward players would pose a real threat and missing Lucio will be an issue in the 1st Leg whoever we face. Nonetheless I think we can smash into you. Arsenal find it hard to break down top quality defensive structures. Is there a defensive structure in the world better than Inter's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phonicsdude)
    Motta and Cambiasso would be used to crush your attacking midfielders. Sneijder would probably run rings around Song. Our forwards (Eto'o, Milito and Pandev) are extremely mobile and would probably cause your shaky backline a lot of problems.

I think your forward players would pose a real threat and missing Lucio will be an issue in the 1st Leg whoever we face. Nonetheless I think we can smash into you. Arsenal find it hard to break down top quality defensive structures. Is there a defensive structure in the world better than Inter's?
    I rate Utd's defence on par with Inter's.

Just imagine if your back 4 consisted of:

Evra Lucio Vidic Maicon

ReputationRep:

Evra Lucio Vidic Maicon
    I'd break into tears if that ever happens :yikes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    Guinness sucks ****.
    :five: Seconded.....

Michi, I can't see Messi winning based purely on club exploits, not in a WC year. If he doesn't perform for Argie then he won't win it..... And Cesc doesn't even start regularly for Spain, does he? If Villa is top scorer and Spain win I can imagine him getting the award, akin to Cannavaro in 2006.

ReputationRep:

Evra Lucio Vidic Maicon
    Vidic is overrated. Ferdinand makes him look good. Inter's defense is better than United's IMO. However Samuel is slightly erratic, like most argentine defenders, however Italian teams are well known for having those types of players, remember the days of Chamot, Redondo, Simeone etc :coma:

Zanetti Samuel Lucio Maicon

Cesar
    What more do you want?

ReputationRep:
    Guinness is life, now both of you GFAG and leave the best drink in the world in peace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    :five: Seconded.....

Michi, I can't see Messi winning based purely on club exploits, not in a WC year. If he doesn't perform for Argie then he won't win it..... And Cesc doesn't even start regularly for Spain, does he? If Villa is top scorer and Spain win I can imagine him getting the award, akin to Cannavaro in 2006.
    But Cannavaro didn't do much throughout the year. Villa on the other hand has been worldclass and is in his prime. If he leads Spain to the WC crown he'll fully deserve it. Cannavaro did not deserve the award he got, absolutely ridiculous.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.