Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    Zanetti plays right midfield for Inter normally though, with Chivu at left back. It is only through Chivu's injury that Zanetti is playing there.

And Redondo wasn't a centre half :confused:
    Never said he was, notice I included Simeone. Was just refferring to cynical argentine defensive players, from history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Well, please don't use words like erratic to describe him again.

KTHXBAI.
    Remember the backheel? :awesome:

KTHXBAI

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)

Evra too, is unrivaled at left back. Name me one player who comes even close to his strength, speed and technique and don't dare say Ashley Cole.
    Ashley Cole > Evra

My only qualm with Evra is his end-product. He's a great player. Until he gets to the final third.

Just went on Arshavin's blog for the first time, and it's absolute genius - the perfect blog! It has brilliant questions...

10. From finta
    Does anybody go in for sports in your family?
    Arshavin: Me.
    ...brilliant answers...

6. From Ctepan
    Hi, Andrey, I want to play like you.
    Arshavin: Play then.
    ...and absolute crackers!

7. From RinaBeer
    Hi. I am 25 years old and I’m still not married. My parents are very upset about this. They say I can end up a spinster. But I don’t want to get married yet. What shall I do? (Sorry if this is off topic; just
    want to know your opinion)
    Arshavin: I think I can help you.
    Step 1: You need to find a scruffy heavy drinker.
    Step 2: Once you’ve found him, try to persuade him to “marry” you. I think that for a small amount of money, he will agree to fulfill the role of your fiancé
    Final: Bring this guy home. Tell your parents he’ll live with you
    I think next time they will think better before forcing their opinion on you.
    :toofunny:

(Original post by Michelin Man)
    No because their morale will definitely have taken a severe blow. Going out in the CL this early definitely wasn't expected or even considered.
    Well, the last time they were knocked out of the CL, they bounced back to thrash us 1-4 at the Emirates. :shrug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...n-arsenal-ajax

Also, is nobody else worried that Chelsea are now completely focussed on the PL?
    No. They have a physically strong enough side to be able to last 2 games a week, comfortably. It's more of an issue for us if we end up going far in Europe.

Only thing we can do is focus on ourselves so no point worrying about it either way.

ReputationRep:
    Well, the last time they were knocked out of the CL, they bounced back to thrash us 1-4 at the Emirates. :shrug:
    But so were we that week so the effect was negated. They weren't particularly good we were far worse.

Also they have a lot injuries in defensive positions which weakens them significantly. I'm convinced if Essien had played yesterday, chelsea would have won.

ReputationRep:
    I'm convinced if Essien had played yesterday, chelsea would have won.
    How can you say that? Chelsea were dominated throughout the whole pitch, the difference between the two sides wasn't just a DM. It was much more than that. How would have Essien helped in the attacking sense? Inter were just better, and Chelsea lacked a playmaker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    How can you say that? Chelsea were dominated throughout the whole pitch, the difference between the two sides wasn't just a DM. It was much more than that. How would have Essien helped in the attacking sense? Inter were just better, and Chelsea lacked a playmaker.
    Essien would definitely have made a difference. Very much a box to box player and is a battering ram. Chelsea's midfield was useless yesterday which ****** up their whole gameplan.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...n-arsenal-ajax

Also, is nobody else worried that Chelsea are now completely focussed on the PL?
    Another young attacking midfielder?

Bergkamp needs to come back to Arsenal ffs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    Remember the backheel? :awesome:

KTHXBAI
    I just posted it...... I was lucky/unlucky enough to be at OT that night.......

(Original post by amii_G)
    Another young attacking midfielder?

Bergkamp needs to come back to Arsenal ffs.
    :eek: I was just looking at Bergkamp's wiki-page when I read that! I read the reference to Bergkamp on that article, and looked on Wikipedia to see what he was doing atm. I think and hope that he will come back as a coach someday, or maybe even manager.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: I was just looking at Bergkamp's wiki-page when I read that! I read the reference to Bergkamp on that article, and looked on Wikipedia to see what he was doing atm. I think and hope that he will come back as a coach someday, or maybe even manager.
    haha, spooky! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    Aldi hmm, an untapped booze source, how about Lidl?

Plenty of them both in and around Glasgow, how else would all the jakeys get their weekly shopping:confused:
    I meant Lidl, but I'm pretty sure Aldi do it too, they offer the same products anyway.

ReputationRep:
    If you thought Arsenal's driving was bad enough check out John Terry's hahahaha

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I ******* love how his life is getting worse and worse every day :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/englan...fficult-season

Very nice interview..Clichy is too cool.

You’ve only ever scored one goal for Arsenal. Is that something you’d like to add to before the season is over?

"[Laughs] That would be nice. Especially as I’ve got a challenge with Bacary Sagna and Johan Djorou about who can score more goals this season. It won’t be difficult - only one goal will win it!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    I think he's come out rather well from that, tbh. He did the right thing......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    I think he's come out rather well from that, tbh. He did the right thing......
    Ssssssssssh!!! We're trying to make him seem like more of a scummer than he already is!

ReputationRep:
    Ssssssssssh!!! We're trying to make him seem like more of a scummer than he already is!
    :getmecoat:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.