Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    We're going to have to play them one time or another Stalin, and if we can't beat them, we won't win. Simple as. I don't think we're good enough to win the CL, it's not going to happen.
    We will eventually have to play one of them if we intend on winning the CL, but in all honesty, I really cannot see it happening.

With that being said, it's 11 against 11, stranger thing's have happened in the past. If our back five is solid and our attack is firing on all cylinders, then who knows. At the end of the day one goal can seperate winners and losers - 1 nil to the Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    WUMs aren't allowed to be mods it would be an oxymoron. It simply wouldn't work. Warning points would be dished out everywhere.

Number of points: 13

Reason: Chelsea Losing

The moderator entered the following comment: MUHAHAHAHAHA
    That reads exactly like a Dan warning tbh. :rofl: When Ziggy was sports mod, he at least on one occasion - somehow - convinced a girl coming into the forum to send him pics before they were allowed to post. :teehee: He also used to post streams himself. :p:

Miss him actually. He was a laugh, even if modding wasn't really his bag.

ReputationRep:
    Chamakh scored today.

Guess we can look forward to plenty of this: http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/5086565/ next season.

ReputationRep:
    He completely buggered a 1on1 earlier on in the game but that was a great leap, looks a decent versatile player

ReputationRep:
    Better link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qauSJcNorQ

Cracking header.

ReputationRep:
    If the user looks anything like Messi, why not.
    Let's ask him.

(Original post by Barça)
    Do you look like Messi? If so, Reems is the one for you.

Poo, your way with words is :sogood:

And cheers, Poo, tell it to the fishes.

ReputationRep:
    For the next round, viewing things from a WUM perspective:

-Inter could be dispatched by taking out Sneijder, as could Robben. Diaby is an experienced scissor-tackler and has smashed Sneijder before. Playmakers out, we'd roll over both of them. Although I'd rather Bayern, as Milito is a competent counter-WUM antagonist.

-United have Neville, but he'd likely not feature. If he did, we could have a real WUM battle on our hands and would be forced to deploy Eboue in the advanced roll to piss him off, ensuring he back-tracks to call Rooney 'fatso' as often as possible.

-Barcelona could be WUMmed, as they are too classy to retort and engage in such things, giving us the WUMmer hand on matters. However, having to spend 180 minutes adoring Henry, and collectively WUMming Ireland, would be no small task and presents an unfortunate conflict in our interests.

-Bordeaux and Lyon are French and thus speak the language of WUM :sexface: However, so does the Boss and he could probably threaten not to take Chamakh if he misbehaves, while Lyon are a bit of a bumbling mess tbfh. Arsene will know how to insult them in their own language. Call one of their mums a wasp, and we'll be home free

-That other team... CSKA Moscow isn't it? Well, we'll take them to go plz.

KthxzBai!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    Reason why Rooney is the best in the world at the moment: No Jeppaloth, not to just buck the trend. That's an incidental, obviously. Though definitely a pity outside of the red half of Manchester, where anyone advocating his current superiority has a damn good case imo. Mainly it's the gravity of his improvement in certain areas (a fact which should not be underestimated), the general consistency and product, and without wishing to sound defamatory or overtly simplistic, the fact he is carrying one of the biggest clubs in the world pretty much by himself. With frightening ease, I might add. Messi is an amazing player, as is Ronaldo, of course. But right at this minute Rooney is simply terrifying.

And Natty, I can taste it from here. :sexface:
    Messi is without a doubt a great player, but La Liga isn't anything when you compare it to the Premiership. When Messi scores 2 against Man Utd, Inter, Bayern Munich or us I'll call him the best 'attacker' in the game - to call him the best 'player' in the world is idiotic, because you cannot compare him to a defensive midfielder, a defender or a GK. It'd be like saying a 4x4 is better than a Formula 1 car.

I have to agree that Rooney, right now, is the best striker in the world, you simply cannot argue against it, it's a fact of life. Messi, is the best attacking midfielder(I wouldn't call him a winger, because as far as I'm concerned, he never crosses a ball like, say, Beckham used to) in the world right now, it's another fact of life. However, how can you rate Rooney higher than Messi or Messi higher than Rooney, you're comparing apples and turnips here.

ReputationRep:
    Don't trust Chamakh. Looks too much like Ronaldo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    Better link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qauSJcNorQ

Cracking header.
    Terrible, terrible defending, he wasn't even marking Chamakh.

Nonetheless, allez Bordeaux.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    I'd bugger most of the ***** in the football forum tbh, even zizali. Best forum on the site.

ReputationRep:
    Don't trust Chamakh. Looks too much like Ronaldo.
    He looks like a cross between Ronaldo's fake tan and Nani's awful haircut.

ReputationRep:
    I'd bugger most of the ***** in the football forum tbh, even zizali. Best forum on the site.
    Agreed, for the most part.

ReputationRep:
    Nah nah nah, the international affairs is where it's at, take a venture sometime, it'll be unknown territory to you and perhaps an opportunity for some extra-curricular WUMming to occur.

ReputationRep:
    I'm leaving. No one even read my post.

Piss off you disgusting clot of bodies

ReputationRep:
    you're losing your touch rob.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    I'm leaving. No one even read my post.

Piss off you disgusting clot of bodies
    Nobody likes you, everybody hates you, go and eat some worms

Do you, seriously, believe that Arsenal are capable of beating Man Utd, Barcelona, Inter or Bayern?

Don't even dare WUMming or I'll make my way to the next football meet with a baseball bat and a chainsaw.

ReputationRep:
    you're losing your touch rob.
    Blasphemy.

I know he's never lost his touch. He's just a delicate little flower. He should be wrapped up in cotton wool and his ego stroked, not dissimilar to a certain Stevie G. :gah:

ReputationRep:
    Serious question.

Are Arsenal serious title contenders for this year's Champions League or is it too early for our young team?

If you WUM, I'll find you on Facebook, hunt you down and stick pineapples up your arse until you slowly, but surely bleed to death.

ReputationRep:
    As much as I'd like to agree with you JK, there's a slight difference between Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Inter Milan, Man Utd and, cheating Porto.

Should we be paired up against on of the 4 teams I've mentioned, do we, realistically, have a chance of going through? Let's say we're drawn up against Man Utd, could you see us doing the impossible?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.