Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Epic epic epic!

And lol MM

ReputationRep:
    Who'd be going through on away goals?

As a Liverpool fan I'd love Fulham to win this.

edit: Juve will be weakened with Cannavaro suspended anyway though, so it's a good result either way . This is all redundant if, of course, we don't do the business against Lille.

ReputationRep:
    they're level on aggregate & away goals at present. 3-1 each leg. Fulham are getting the rub of the green, bloody hilarious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voodoomagic)
    they're level on aggregate & away goals at present. 3-1 each leg. Fulham are getting the rub of the green, bloody hilarious
    Ahh wow. Sounds like a good game!

Champions league draw tomorrow - 4 good teams, 4 mediocre teams left in. Let's see who gets lucky with the draws :p: .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_E_X)
    Ahh wow. Sounds like a good game!

Champions league draw tomorrow - 4 good teams, 4 mediocre teams left in. Let's see who gets lucky with the draws :p: .
    Definition of irony: A 'Pool fan dismissing teams in the Champions League as mediocre. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Definition of irony: A 'Pool fan dismissing teams in the Champions League as mediocre. :facepalm2:
    Oh come on. CSKA Moscow?

I meant there are definitely two "tiers" of team left in - and it's possible that one of the strong teams could get a super-easy route to the final, playing say CSKA in the quarters and then the winners of a "soft" quarter-final with two other weak teams in, and huzzah, welcome to the Bernabeu.

ReputationRep:
    But if they're mediocre where does that leave you guys?

ReputationRep:
    Bayern Munich, Arsenal, Man Utd, Barcelona, CSKA Moscow, Lyon, Inter Milan and Bordeaux.

The only even slightly mediocre teams in there are CSKA and Bordeaux. Though there is no team in there I particularly want to draw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_E_X)
    Oh come on. CSKA Moscow?

I meant there are definitely two "tiers" of team left in - and it's possible that one of the strong teams could get a super-easy route to the final, playing say CSKA in the quarters and then the winners of a "soft" quarter-final with two other weak teams in, and huzzah, welcome to the Bernabeu.
    Ok, complete this phrase: People in glass......

ReputationRep:
    Bordeaux > Lyon, attack-wise at least.

ReputationRep:
    ******' hell fulham. Humiliate Juvé some more why don't you.

ReputationRep:
    Just want to say, what a ******* goal by Dempsey

ReputationRep:
    beaut.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Ok, complete this phrase: People in glass......
    With such astounding knowledge of popular English sayings you will surely excel as an English teacher.
    I'm not so confident about your ability to discuss a topic for more than a sentence, though

Do you think all eight remaining teams in the champs league are of similar quality? Do you think they are currently the eight best teams in Europe?

edit: yeahh Fulham .

ReputationRep:
    The Old Lady is getting bent over a table and raped. It's 4-4 in Bremen as well, crazy night.

ReputationRep:
    Well played Fulham indeed. Unfortunately I'm watching a quite fantastic game between Bremen and Valencia. 4-4 with 6 minutes +stoppage time to go and one more goal will take Bremen through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Well played Fulham indeed. Unfortunately I'm watching a quite fantastic game between Bremen and Valencia. 4-4 with 6 minutes +stoppage time to go and one more goal will take Bremen through.
    1 more goal will also take Valencia through:creep:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    1 more goal will also take Valencia through:creep:.
    Valencia are going through as it stands, actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Valencia are going through as it stands, actually.
    ah. 'my bad'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_E_X)
    Do you think all eight remaining teams in the champs league are of similar quality? Do you think they are currently the eight best teams in Europe?

edit: yeahh Fulham .
    Course they're not all of equal quality. But they are the 8 consistently best teams over the course of the competition. That's how they get to be here. The only team that could feel really aggrieved is Fiorentina, who were unfortunate to go out to Bayern.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.