Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Society VI watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    0-0?? One away goal??

This is Arsenal and Barcelona we're talking about you know..
    This:

(Original post by Ar5enal Fan)
    Lol if the 2 teams nullify each other and it turns out to be 2 boring games.
    Arsenal - Milan two seasons ago ended up 0-0 if you recall.

ReputationRep:
    PS if anyone is genuinely interested in making the trip over and needs any help finding cheap accomodation I'd be more than happy to help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    I know what you mean It would be a nightmare though if that happened.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    PS if anyone is genuinely interested in making the trip over and needs any help finding cheap accomodation I'd be more than happy to help.
    What date is it? I'm due a holiday :beard:

That being said I don't get my next allocation of annual leave until 1st of April... :emo:

ReputationRep:
    All we have to do is make sure they do not score at the Emirates. If they do, it's effectively over imo.

Take a 0-0 to the Nou Camp, and who knows, one away goal could win it.
    I agree, 0-0 at home would be a decent result.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know when the tickets for the quarters will be available?
    Also anyone tried the ballot for tickets to the final?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    What date is it? I'm due a holiday :beard:

That being said I don't get my next allocation of annual leave until 1st of April... :emo:
    6th/7th April

ReputationRep:
    arsenal barca, should be a game of orgasmic football :coma:

ReputationRep:
    6th/7th April
    Hmmm, seems like a legitimate use of my Student Loan

ReputationRep:
    Give me a cigarette someone I'm completely overwhelmed by all of this. It's too much to handle. I'm really scared I won't get a ticket and have to sit in the home end. I think I'd kill someone.

ReputationRep:
    O ma days... I think this will be one of the few games I'll actually watch standing up (too excited :mad:)

ReputationRep:
    hahahaha.. look at the pic they got at soccernet...surely could have done better
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/index?cc=4716

ReputationRep:
    Dates announced:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...ates-announced

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else reckon Thierry Henry will refuse to score against us? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    3 years ago I saw a better Arsenal team and they lost to Barca (very unlucky, I thought they were better on the night). This time round Barca are stronger and Arsenal are weaker. I worry about that Arsenal defence, especially LB, but even in centre only Vermalen has been solid. The absence of RvP in a tie like this is huge. I just don't think the strength is there up front.

Barca press a lot (ie they defend very well) so Arsenal need to step up their defensive efforts. It'll be a good game but Arsenal I think are lacking the weapons to really hurt them. I'll be supporting them though.

ReputationRep:
    Dates announced:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...ates-announced
    **** hell, camp nou is intimidating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    **** hell, camp nou is intimidating.
    Not as much as people make out. Their fans can get very silent at times.

Interesting article here by a barça fan. Claims not to have wanted to play us. They're scared of walcott for some reason lol.

http://www.barcelonafootballblog.com...-road-london/?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    3 years ago I saw a better Arsenal team and they lost to Barca (very unlucky, I thought they were better on the night). This time round Barca are stronger and Arsenal are weaker.
    No offence dude, but that is nonsense.

That year we were total cack for the most part. It was a miraculous Champions League campaign - the side was so far removed from our Invincibles of two years earlier it was astonishing. The funny thing is I'd still put the 2006 side as the weakest Arsenal team since 2000. This one is significantly stronger.

As for Barca, I'd say this team is pretty similar to the 2006 one in overall quality and application. Last year they looked better.

As for the draw, frankly everything went wrong imo. United are as good as in Madrid. The only thing I can see for certain is that if somehow we manage to win our maiden European Cup this year no one could say we didn't deserve it. It's a frightening route. In the most likely terms it means beating Barca and Inter over two legs and then United in the final.

******* hell. Even for the Champions League, that's a big ask.

United, frankly, have had the luck of the devil and I'm disgusted and jealous. They've been to two finals in a row. They don't need a third handed to them on a ******* plate.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else reckon Thierry Henry will refuse to score against us? :rolleyes:
    I don't think it's him we've got to worry about to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    x
    Agree. Balls to the united draw. It really pissed me off. I would have been happy if inter had been put on their side of the draw. Saying that, Bayern aren't a complete write off. Robben/Ribery combo could cause problems.

Also guys don't believe the hype too much. Yes Barça are a very good team but they are not invincible. I've seen them crumble numerous times this year against lesser sides. Their defence is very susceptible and other than messi none of their players have been firing on all cylinders. Ibra is struggling for goal so Henry has been picked ahead of him recently. TH14 has only scored 3 times the whole season whilst Xavi has been having injury problems. No doubt we will have to be at our best but the game is not a given.

Who knows? Perhaps our flowing style is exactly what is needed against barca?

The IRL office WUMming has reached critical levels. It could easily boil over in the next couple of weeks!

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.