Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Munich are dead. Bordeaux should worry them more tbh.

I don't think much of this current United side, but I think significantly less of Bayern.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    Munich are dead. Bordeaux should worry them more tbh.

I don't think much of this current United side, but I think significantly less of Bayern.
    Blanc to replace Fergie, you heard it here first.

:indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)

Nothing really to be optimistic about..Fergie will leave if he wins his 19 EPL title.

ReputationRep:
    No, they are not. I've been drinking with Bayern fans since then, in Munich, and they weren't bitter, and some said they liked the way we kept going to the bitter end...... They also went on to beat us on the way to glory in 2001.

I like how you qualify the statement based on what I presume is similar styles. Barca are favourites for the tournament, have been since the start and to say Bayern are the same, which you have basically, is nonsensical.

Ours is a tough draw, but yours is tougher. And I believe it'll come down to whichever of the back 6 plays best. [back 5 and DM]
    A good percentage of my family is German, most of which are from Bavaria, the rest from Baden-Württemberg. The Bavarians are all Bayern fans and are still bitter over 99, so not everyone is over it.

I didn't say Bayern were the favourites, I'd assume that Barcelona or Man Utd are the favourites, but having viewed a few of the comments in the Man Utd thread, it's almost as if you're guaranteed a place in the semis, which I think is nonsensical. I think we have more of a chance against Barcelona, than we would've had against Bayern, simply because of physicality Bayern play with. Moreover, as you've pointed out Bayern are clearly not the favourites, which eases the pressure considerably, Barcelona on the other hand, are and have to prove something everytime they play at the Nou Camp, which can either pump them up for the game or add to the pressure they already have.

You'll probably laugh at this, but I'd rather play against Messi and Iniesta than Robben and Ribery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    Nothing really to be optimistic about..Fergie will leave if he wins his 19 EPL title.
    At least another two years in the hot seat.... People said he'd leave after winning a second European Cup, and that didn't happen. He is, without a doubt, the most competitive manager in world football, as such I wouldn't be surprised to see him stay longer than my prediction, which is based on him coming to 70 in two years.

Josef, you basically said that Bayern and Barca were the same, and I meant Barca were favourites for the tournament since the beginning. I think to say that Barca have to perform at Camp Nou is a so-so statement, every team has to perform at home in front of their fans, if not then there's something amiss.......

ReputationRep:

:yep: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5&postcount=37

In any case, I do agree with you in that he'll stay for another 2/3 years but I really can't see him stay longer than that.

ReputationRep:
    Right lads I'll be back on in a couple of hours. Have to go to pay the deposit on a new flat and in a bitter and ironic twist is about 10 mins from the camp nou

search "manuel girona, barcelona" to see what I mean!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how to get onto the silver membership waiting list?
    Can only find the season ticket and club level waiting lists??

ReputationRep:
    Josef, you basically said that Bayern and Barca were the same, and I meant Barca were favourites for the tournament since the beginning. I think to say that Barca have to perform at Camp Nou is a so-so statement, every team has to perform at home in front of their fans, if not then there's something amiss.......
    Indeed, but with the added pressure of being the cup favourites, it's not an ordinary home game, let alone an ordinary champions league home game.

I didn't say that Bayern and Barca were the same, they're two very different teams. We'll see how it all pans out, but I have a gut feeling that we'll be seeing Bayern in the semis for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Indeed, but with the added pressure of being the cup favourites, it's not an ordinary home game, let alone an ordinary champions league home game.

I didn't say that Bayern and Barca were the same, they're two very different teams. We'll see how it all pans out, but I have a gut feeling that we'll be seeing Bayern in the semis for some reason.
    It's the same as if Barca got Bayern or any of the others. It's a home game, their fans will be expectant. You seem to making this bigger than it is, it's the same as the other Q/Fs, the prize is the same for all winners.....

Nevermind....

ReputationRep:
    I think he'll be there until 75 personally. Seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    :yep: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5&postcount=37

In any case, I do agree with you in that he'll stay for another 2/3 years but I really can't see him stay longer than that.
    By the time I got back from uni there was already about 4 pages in that thread, I wasn't going to read all of the responses..... Anyways, great minds and all that. :yes:

Poo, 75? I like love that idea.

ReputationRep:
    It's the same as if Barca got Bayern or any of the others. It's a home game, their fans will be expectant. You seem to making this bigger than it is, it's the same as the other Q/Fs, the prize is the same for all winners.....

Nevermind....
    But the mighty Arsenal are coming to town!

ReputationRep:
    Just heard on the radio, on the way back from work. Barca, lads. Enjoy the rape. Apply some moisturiser to the anus before combat begins.

There is hope. We were murdering Barca in the opening 10mins of the CL final last year and we should have been at least one goal to the good - but then they scored, completely against the run of play and we just never recovered and they grew mightily in strength and massacred our anuses.

Eboue needs to do a job on Messi tbh. Or have him food poisoned :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Didn't he say he'd stop after winning 3 CL's?

ReputationRep:
    Murdering? WHW, seriously, that was the most idiotic performance I've seen from United in ten years, and those first few minutes you only had them pegged a little. Murdering would be like saying me negging someone is akin to killing them. Your performance was an embarrassing mess.

And moisturiser is a crap lube tbfh. You should know that. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    I've always mantained that the CL is not a measure of greatness. It's pot luck. When 'pool fans go on about 5Europian Trophies and history and jazz, it really gets on my ******* nerves. It takes nothing but luck to win it. Steady nerves and luck.
    Wow. Why am I not suprised that this comes from a supporter of a club that's never won it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Oh come on, be factual here. Do you want me to look up a list of the teams you faced to win the first four? Or more to the point go into the contexts and rip apart just how good they were facing you? It's embarrassing. Anyone winning our league just had to turn up and win it at the time, as suported by a terrible Aston Villa side and an overrated Forest. We didn't win a title between 71-89, so missed the party by not even qualifying. No one is saying you were crap, and no is saying you didn't deserve them - but don't overrate the achievement. The title means much more. And as I say, 2005, even if that was immensely lucky and you were a poor winner, was much more impressive than any of the previous four.

We've not had your luck, frankly.

ReputationRep:
    Worst draw possible for you guys, all through it, but hopefully you can overachieve and put out Barca and Inter before crumbling in the final where we pick up #4 :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    Murdering? WHW, seriously, that was the most idiotic performance I've seen from United in ten years, and those first few minutes you only had them pegged a little. Murdering would be like saying me negging someone is akin to killing them. Your performance was an embarrassing mess.

And moisturiser is a crap lube tbfh. You should know that. :sexface:
    you know that's not true, son. We shudda scored two in those first 10-ish minutes. It was a mess after we conceded the first goal, an event we never recovered from, an event we didn't seem to even try to recover from. That's what disappointed the most. Our emotional resilience in the face of adversity was truly lacking tbpfh. We just needed someone on the pitch to lead the way, give t'other players a bit of a kick up the arse, but we didn't have a true leader that evening

Arsenal and Barca. I reckon Arsenal might need to resort to some anti-football at times and hit Barca on the break. I'm desperate for Barca to be anti-footballed. Park that ****ing bus if needs be, long-ball it ffs. I just want Messi to experience defeat, failure. It'll be good, nourishing for the lad, a new experience that can propel him to achieve even greater footballing success. It's how you bounce back.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.