Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    You know what, I hope Bayern beat Man Utd more than I hope Arsenal will beat Barcelona.
    Josef, you are seriously reading too much into things. No matter who wins between Utd and Bayern there could be a TSR meet in France for a semi-final, no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    Na that's taking it too far. If we start doing that we're turning into spud fans FFS
    Nah, I hope Bayern beat Man Utd more than I hope Arsenal beat Barcelona, because I know Arsenal will beat Barcelona, innit blud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    TSR meet?? You and who:mmm:
    You are welcome, as long as you do NOT live up to your username. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Josef, you are seriously reading too much into things. No matter who wins between Utd and Bayern there could be a TSR meet in France for a semi-final, no?
    Not unless we invest in a few tanks.

ReputationRep:
    Not unless we invest in a few tanks.
    Who are the tanks for? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    TSR meet in barca if you're up for it. I've got some space in the bathroom and the balcony if anybody needs to sleep. Failing that we can all kip in the camp nou whilst singing cesc related WUM songs in our sleep! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Who are the tanks for? :erm:
    For Arsenal to, you know, counter a certain Barcelona?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    TSR meet in barca if you're up for it. I've got some space in the bathroom and the balcony if anybody needs to sleep. Failing that we can all kip in the camp nou whilst singing cesc related WUM songs in our sleep! :p:
    Im up for it! If by miracle i get a ticket

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mini_lidi)
    OK thank you.....
    May even look at buying a ticket in the madrid end, if it comes to it
    I like your optimism but we ain't in the final yet :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ar5enal Fan)
    Ooopppps my bad.
    I meant the Barca end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ar5enal Fan)
    I've decided I'm going to madrid whatever. Atmosphere and all that. Considering I live near wembley I'll be doing the same next year!

ReputationRep:
    It's all right. Defeat to Barcelona will only make you stronger after being given a real footballing lesson. :yep:

They will tear you to shreds and you will applaud them because it will be a joy to watch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)
    It's all right. Defeat to Barcelona will only make you stronger after being given a real footballing lesson. :yep:

They will tear you to shreds and you will applaud them because it will be a joy to watch.
    You just focus on Benfica, they'll be a bigger challenge for you than Barca will for us.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.footytube.com/video/atlet...nd-goals-34290

^The only time they've lost this season in La Liga.

ReputationRep:
    You are welcome, as long as you do NOT live up to your username. :sexface:
    I can't hold back:no: It's either all of it or none of it:sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to wait until all the idiots had passed comment and +1'd us into oblivion... Now for some proper discourse on the matter.

I have seen Barcelona play quite a few times this year, including earlier in the week where Messi was frighteningly on song.

But I have noticed weaknesses and strategies that could be used to level the playing field.

It is fair to say there is no team that can mobilise an attack like Barca, not even our own... and they know how to mix it up with Ibra, Messi and Henry offering differing forms of attack.

But we have to beat them at their own game, which goes far deeper than slick passing and movement, it is all about pressure.

Barcelona succeed so much due to their pressure in attack, with the fullbacks constantly forcing the issue... Alves especially and they will go lop-sided with a pseudo 334 to make chances before retreating, but still defending well at the front until they can next pen in the opposition.

It is, fortunately for us, a strategy that can be easily countered by possession and patience, of the type we now play frequently. While I am not suggesting we bore them, I am suggesting we hold the ball and make pin-point strikes when the chance presents. Other than that, we will have to rely on counter-attacking... because their defensive pace at the middle is a genuinely enormous weakness for a team of their standard.

Puyol for one, is losing his speed considerably, and we should seek to single him out with direct runs. Theo and Arshavin would be the sensible choice, or possibly Tomas. But at home, we can go with Theo, as he responds so well to the crowd and can do the business for us, while Bendtner should be a handful for their centerbacks... whatever people say about him, he's fearless. Perfect for this challenge, where we must play without fear.

ReputationRep:
    For Arsenal to, you know, counter a certain Barcelona?
    Ok, but how does affect a French semi-final? Or are you saying that you'd only go to a meet in France if Arsenal were involved? Because that's not possible until next season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    I wanted to wait until all the idiots had passed comment and +1'd us into oblivion... Now for some proper discourse on the matter.

I have seen Barcelona play quite a few times this year, including earlier in the week where Messi was frighteningly on song.

But I have noticed weaknesses and strategies that could be used to level the playing field.

It is fair to say there is no team that can mobilise an attack like Barca, not even our own... and they know how to mix it up with Ibra, Messi and Henry offering differing forms of attack.

But we have to beat them at their own game, which goes far deeper than slick passing and movement, it is all about pressure.

Barcelona succeed so much due to their pressure in attack, with the fullbacks constantly forcing the issue... Alves especially and they will go lop-sided with a pseudo 334 to make chances before retreating, but still defending well at the front until they can next pen in the opposition.

It is, fortunately for us, a strategy that can be easily countered by possession and patience, of the type we now play frequently. While I am not suggesting we bore them, I am suggesting we hold the ball and make pin-point strikes when the chance presents. Other than that, we will have to rely on counter-attacking... because their defensive pace at the middle is a genuinely enormous weakness for a team of their standard.

Puyol for one, is losing his speed considerably, and we should seek to single him out with direct runs. Theo and Arshavin would be the sensible choice, or possibly Tomas. But at home, we can go with Theo, as he responds so well to the crowd and can do the business for us, while Bendtner should be a handful for their centerbacks... whatever people say about him, he's fearless. Perfect for this challenge, where we must play without fear.
    I'm glad someone's feeling confident...

ReputationRep:
    Ok, but how does affect a French semi-final? Or are you saying that you'd only go to a meet in France if Arsenal were involved? Because that's not possible until next season.
    Is there not a semi final draw? A meet in France would've required Arsenal to be playing in France, yes.

Ah well, there's always the possibility of a meet in ******* Barnet

ReputationRep:
    Is there not a semi final draw? A meet in France would've required Arsenal to be playing in France, yes.

Ah well, there's always the possibility of a meet in ******* Barnet
    No, I think it's complete ********, tbh. If ye beat Barca ye face the winners of Inter-v-CSKA. Bayern/Utd face the winners of Bordeaux-v-Lyon.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.