Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    It's a guaranteed €1.5m per year plus bonuses based on performances et al.

I applaud Barca for this deal, and wish more clubs would do likewise. I think Villa did a similar deal in the last few years. Barca will most likely never have a paid sponsor on their shirts and for them to represent a charity is just beyond words, tbh, and their deal shows, to an extent, that some football clubs are not just all about profits. I do, however, fear that they'll be alone on this matter in the future.....
    Well for starters, there's a huge debt difference between Barcelona and Arsenal, there's no way we could afford to replace our Emirates sponor with Cancer Research for instance and be expected to ship out €5m per year - we'd go bust within days.

I thought that Unicef were sponsoring Barcelona, but then after some straight forward thinking, it'd be somewhat ironic to say the least. I find it great that they're sponsoring a charity, but they'll more than likely be the only club to do it.

Just imagine if Catalonia became independent, their team would actually be eligible to attend competitions and rape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Well for starters, there's a huge debt difference between Barcelona and Arsenal, there's no way we could afford to replace our Emirates sponor with Cancer Research for instance and be expected to ship out €5m per year - we'd go bust within days.

I thought that Unicef were sponsoring Barcelona, but then after some straight forward thinking, it'd be somewhat ironic to say the least. I find it great that they're sponsoring a charity, but they'll more than likely be the only club to do it.

Just imagine if Catalonia became independent, their team would actually be eligible to attend competitions and rape.
    I honestly forgot that this was in the Arse thread. I was not having a go at Arsenal, moreso the wider football community if you will, and it was a romantic request, expecting more clubs to actually sponsor charities, and thus increase exposure for all parties, eventually. Can I see Utd ever doing so in the near future? Hell no. I applaud Barca for this gesture, though that seems the wrong term atm, but I do not honestly expect many [any] other clubs to adopt Barca's stance on 'sponsorship'.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly forgot that this was in the Arse thread. I was not having a go at Arsenal, moreso the wider football community if you will, and it was a romantic request, expecting more clubs to actually sponsor charities, and thus increase exposure for all parties, eventually. Can I see Utd ever doing so in the near future? Hell no. I applaud Barca for this gesture, though that seems the wrong term atm, but I do not honestly expect many [any] other clubs to adopt Barca's stance on 'sponsorship'.
    It really does make it hard for you to hate Barca after realising the whole Unicef thing, unless you're a Real Madrid fan or a Chelsea fan of course.

ReputationRep:
    Sagna got turnt up last time he encountered Messi, poor Bacary :awesome:

I think the best way to stop Messi is to double mark him throughout the whole game very closely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    It really does make it hard for you to hate Barca after realising the whole Unicef thing, unless you're a Real Madrid fan or a Chelsea fan of course.
    Indeed, it makes it almost impossible to hate them. *******s.

Off to bed, dude, WUM you soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)

I think the best way to stop Messi is to double mark him throughout the whole game very closely.
    I saw the game, notice Arsene is one of the commentators, he must've felt like a bit of a prick :rofl:

He starts talking at 0:28

ReputationRep:
    Indeed, it makes it almost impossible to hate them. *******s.

Off to bed, dude, WUM you soon.
    Toodles dear.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal need to expect that Barc will try something assuming that they think Arsenal will fear Messi. Barc may try to make it look like that they are depending on Messi in order to generate all the attention on him, while they reveal their real plan.
    If anything, Arsenal need to play smart in this game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dan1607)
    Arsenal need to expect that Barc will try something assuming that they think Arsenal will fear Messi. Barc may try to make it look like that they are depending on Messi in order to generate all the attention on him, while they reveal their real plan.
    If anything, Arsenal need to play smart in this game.
    And on that very profound statement, I bid you good night.

ReputationRep:
    I wanted a man u vs arsenal final.. don't really see it happening now though :sad:

Hope they prove me wrong again though

ReputationRep:
    1st Leg: 2-1- Arsenal
    2nd Leg:2-2

Arsenal go through, 4-3 on aggregate. Hello Inter.

Seriously, these matches will be nerve racking, still feel they can go either way as we are more than capable on our day. Need to get West Ham and Birmingham out the way first, nothing less than 6 points will do from now till the 31st, esp now that Man Utd play Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)

What about Sol doing a giant tree-trunk/logging tackle where he shatters Messi's bones?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    To be honest, bar your late surge against them they actually played quite well against you and I was expecting a draw. Nevertheless we should have a comfortable win tomorrow.
    They really didn't play well at all. Comfortably one of the worst sides at the Bridge this season. They were not once in control, not even for five minutes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    They really didn't play well at all. Comfortably one of the worst sides at the Bridge this season. They were not once in control, not even for five minutes.
    it's all different now they're faced with Arsenal. The 'made in England' mentality will come rocketting to the fore, and we'll have to contend with unimaginable levels of injustice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    What about Sol doing a giant tree-trunk/logging tackle where he shatters Messi's bones?
    :yy:

Welcome aboard the "Violence is the answer" campaign.

I hope the players have forgotten about Barca and are fully focused for today's game. Although, to be fair to them, Cesc, Clichy...not one of our players has commented on the draw which suggests they intend to do their talking on the pitch. And that's the way it should be.

As for today -- only 2 questions about the line-up:
    1) Does Eboue start instead of Sagna?
    2) Who starts right forward?

If we're trying to hit them early, we should go for Eboue at RB and Walcott upfront. If not, we go Sagna RB, Eboue upfront.

ReputationRep:
    Eboue upfront... for the comedy value?

ReputationRep:
    Not really, he's awesome these days.

ReputationRep:
    Eboue is evolving into Drogba tbh...

I swear he was on lost last night...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Why give him an opportunity to recover, instead I propose a two-footed Patella(there's some anatomy for you) tackle.

ReputationRep:
    I hope the Spuds get to the semi-final of the FA Cup so we don't have to play them straight after the Barca game away, would be nice to have a weeks rest.

As for todays game I am going 3-1

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.