Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Society VI watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voodoomagic)
    That's only for violent conduct isn't it? If Vermaelen gets suspended for as many games as Shawcross for that it'll be ******* ridiculous.

Silvestre and Campbell fills me with zero confidence at all, that's if Campbell can stay on the pitch too..
    A straight red is a three game ban, there's no differentiation between fouls committed. It's set out in the rules so if the ref books the player then the FA are almost powerless to adjust the length of ban.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ticktockclock)
    What kind of foul carries a three game ban then?
    A Shawcross style tackle. A last-man red card is a single game i think

ReputationRep:
    That was the first red card for us in nearly 70 games. It is utterly laughable at times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    Can it be appealed? I thought it was only for mistaken identity? :confused:
    A straight red can be appealed. Two yellow red cannot, unless mistaken identity led to one of the bookings.

ReputationRep:
    Possess The Ball

ReputationRep:
    Behrami playing out of his mind again. How refreshing. Give us a dive, you scum sucking dirty *****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Behrami playing out of his mind again. How refreshing. Give us a dive, you scum sucking dirty *****.
    And.. yeah, there we go. A dive. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    A straight red is a three game ban, there's no differentiation between fouls committed. It's set out in the rules so if the ref books the player then the FA are almost powerless to adjust the length of ban.
    Nope, it's defo a one game ban. 3 games is only for violent play (2 footed tackles etc), 4 games for violent conduct (e.g. a punch). Professional fouls and 2 bookings give 1 game bans.

ReputationRep:
    Arshavin's laziness is becoming a liability in this circus the ref has created.

ReputationRep:
    is walcott on the bench?

ReputationRep:
    we need a rosicky style long ranger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antonfigo)
    we need a rosicky style long ranger
    True, it definitely can help, as shown by Denilson against Hull.

ReputationRep:
    I am aghast that no one has thrown anything at Franco.

Sometime we have too much class for our own good.

ReputationRep:
    Bendtner picked up a knock, fab. Least Diaby should add some more muscle to midfield.

ReputationRep:
    Song is immense!

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal parking the bus :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    Nope, it's defo a one game ban. 3 games is only for violent play (2 footed tackles etc), 4 games for violent conduct (e.g. a punch). Professional fouls and 2 bookings give 1 game bans.
    Really? I always thought a straight red was a three game ban..... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Only got one Song.

Come on Arsenal. Fight the filthy cheat cartel. We're too good for to be cheated out of our glory.

ReputationRep:
    this free kick beter be a goal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Really? I always thought a straight red was a three game ban..... :confused:
    Don't worry you're not alone in wanting maximal adversity for us.

Seriously... we need to smash these diseased idiots. Upson joining in the kicking game now. Laughable.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.