Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Society VI watch

ReputationRep:
    woo arsenal.. upset about lately though
    What happened to us?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    I wouldn't feel too bad for Thierry :teeth:

I was happy for him tbf. The rest of that club, Pep apart, can go **** themselves afaic. But Titi especially, no, I was pleased. For why?

It was a criminal act that we could not give Dennis Bergkamp the European Cup he deserved. Absolutely criminal. We did the same to Thierry. We may be in the process of doing it again with Cesc.

To be utterly honest, as devastated as I am that we can't seem to give them these trophies, I have no intention of seeing us commit these injustices too often. It is almost morally wrong to demand contracts for life from these players if we are unable to give them what their talent deserves.

In Bergy's case, I will feel guilty about it for the rest of my life, and I am not joking. I am ashamed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    It's better now when things are (relatively) quiet than later tonight when everyone's trying to reply to zizali
    Fixed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    I was happy for him tbf. The rest of that club, Pep apart, can go **** themselves afaic. But Titi especially, no, I was pleased. For why?

It was a criminal act that we could not give Dennis Bergkamp the European Cup he deserved. Absolutely criminal. We did the same to Thierry. We may be in the process of doing it again with Cesc.

To be utterly honest, as devastated as I am that we can't seem to give them these trophies, I have no intention of seeing us commit these injustices too often. It is almost morally wrong to demand contracts for life from these players if we are unable to give them what their talent deserves.

In Bergy's case, I will feel guilty about it for the rest of my life, and I am not joking. I am ashamed.

An absolute legend. By far the best player this club has ever had in my eyes.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I remember him through ~7/8 year old eyes, Haven't witnessed anyone greater since.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)

Maybe he will get the trophy, but as Arsenal manager one day, you never know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    I know he has been out 3 months and will try and reserve judgement against him for the time being, but I cannot help but remember last season and the start of this where his play has constantly seemed to deteriorate, a ridiculous proportion of conceded goals come from his side and he is currently a weak link that needs to be watched.

I generally agree with most things that HubertPoo has to say but I'm not sure that Gibbs is good enough to replace him either, well not atm. Personally, I feel that Clichy, Gibbs and Traore all have this fundamental problem with decision making, they all seem to overcommit and then are reliant on pace to recover, Clichy is getting found out more and more whilst Traore was shockingly bad during his spell in the side, constantly getting turned as well as getting caught out of position. During his very short spell Gibbs did seem to exhibit some of the same problems that Clichy is now and has been for a while, perhaps its a matter of coaching rather than anything else. For me, based on Traore's run in the side, Clichy is certainly better than him, Gibbs however didn't really get long enough to really show himself off, I'd stick with Clichy until Gibbs gets fit, then unless Clichy has dramatically improved give Gibbs a run. If Gibbs/Clichy looks strong enough by the summer then we will be ok but if not then I think the best option would be to make Clichy an Eboue-like squad player and bring in someone else whilst Gibbs continues to develop.
    Wow, it seems Arsenal fans have really lost confidence in Clichy. Perhaps it's nostalgia that I keep faith in the player, but nevertheless, I still rate him. He just needs games and a boost to his confidence. (It seems as though the 'Gallas incident' is still in his mind? I could be talking crap, tbf.)

Besides, as you yourself have gone into detail, we basically have no-one to replace him. Gibbs is out and Traore is an early upgrade of Clichy who doesn't seem able to defend ( :rolleyes: ). If only Wenger would teach him to defend first and attack later. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_Lawton)
    Shame he can't fly

ReputationRep:
    I prefer Bergy's goal against Leicester in the 3-3 draw to the Dabizas-turn personally. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    FFS Post 2374891094th

Why was I learning about Franco when I could have been making a new mark on this thread?

ReputationRep:
    Off to spectate now :coma:

Going to predict a 3-1 Arsenal.

Arsh, Cesc and Arsh with a Gerrard bundle header in the frankenbobble mixer.

Toodles WUM fans.

ReputationRep:

10 goals of immense quality :coma:

1st tbh. **** what the post numbers say. :sexface:

In answer to Kreuzeurk asking why I negged Jizzali... is an explanation required? Honestly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_Lawton)
    Didn't think of that.

You've given me hope now. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    1st tbh. **** what the post numbers say. :sexface:

In answer to Kreuzeurk asking why I negged Jizzali... is an explanation required? Honestly?
    Lol I don't know why I bothered arguing last night. I really hope we don't lose tonight. Not because I hate it when we lose (although that is a good reason) but because he won't ever ******* shut up if we do!

ReputationRep:
    Well, have fun those that are going to the match! Do us proud!

BTW, thank **** Torres is out injured. I've had enough of world class strikers terrorising our defence. :no:

(Original post by Michelin Man)
    Lol I don't know why I bothered arguing last night. I really hope we don't lose tonight. Not because I hate it when we lose (although that is a good reason) but because he won't ever ******* shut up if we do!
    I hope Liverpool lose too, because I'm seeing them twice next week and I'd love to witness more crumble first hand. :sogood: I hear Romanian crumble is particularly spicy. And then City can jizz all over them. Hmm. Jizz all over. Far too close to Jizzali for my liking. I'm going to go and beat myself.

ReputationRep:
    I hope Liverpool lose too, because I'm seeing them twice next week and I'd love to witness more crumble first hand. :sogood: I hear Romanian crumble is particularly spicy. And then City can jizz all over them. Hmm. Jizz all over. Far too close to Jizzali for my liking. I'm going to go and beat myself.
    I'm holding you personally responsible if you've jinxed us tonight.

(Original post by Stalin)
    I'm holding you personally responsible if you've jinxed us tonight.
    I'd be the ultimate WUM.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be the ultimate WUM.
    I've ignored it for long enough in the hope I would finally get it. What is WUM???:o: I must have missed an important post.

(Original post by In2deep)
    I've ignored it for long enough in the hope I would finally get it. What is WUM???:o: I must have missed an important post.
    Wind up merchant. An integral part of the football forum here. :cool:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.