Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Why Rich? Why do they think it's hilarious? Is he some glorified bucket of launch-lol?

And wrt Eduardo. I cannot understand the criticisms really. He went off the boil during his recovery from a serious career-threatening injury. He suffers niggles and isn't scoring so freely right now, but still adds much to the team and can get back to do even more... I just think people - even those I believe to be good hearted, red blooded arsenal fans - loser their way a little bit and get petulant about wanting to dispose of some seriously underrated assets.

Eduardo is yet to enjoy his prime. The guy adds so much to the team when he's on song. Give him time.

ReputationRep:
    Have a safe trip MM. :cheers:

The reports I've read on Chamakh Rob veer sharply between a capable and dangerous player yet to reach his full potential to a joke of a forward known throughout Ligue 1 as being so slow to finish you may as well call him Dirk Diggler. Opinions on him are nothing if not extreme, put it that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    Have a safe trip MM. :cheers:

The reports I've read on Chamakh Rob veer sharply between a capable and dangerous player yet to reach his full potential to a joke of a forward known throughout Ligue 1 as being so slow to finish you may as well call him Dirk Diggler. Opinions on him are nothing if not extreme, put it that way.
    Same, don't know what to make of Chamakh tbh. Probably need to watch him more.

ReputationRep:
    I'd much rather have carlton cole to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Overmars said Chamakh didn't have a good scoring record, but was good at scoring headers :facepalm2:

Tbfh, he's the centerpiece of a team that won the French league, and seems to cut the mustard in the Champions League.

So... I am willing to believe he will at least provide a capable additional striker, who is also used to playing on the left wing.

Added to that, he's a launch-biscuit :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Let's not get carried away. I'll only believe that he's signed for us when I see him in an Arsenal shirt on the Arsenal website...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Let's not get carried away. I'll only believe that he's signed for us when I see him in an Arsenal shirt on the Arsenal website...
    Skeptic tbf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Skeptic tbf.
    I'd rather not get my hopes up just in case tbh.

ReputationRep:
    On the Arsenal website? Heck, they're still getting round to announcing Chapman's arrival from Huddersfield.

ReputationRep:
    Chamakh has a record of 1 goal every 4 games, so Overmars wasn't exactly wrong......

If the story is true then it disproves Arsene's theory/belief that Arsenal can't compete with other teams wrt wages/signings.

ReputationRep:
    chamakh will be on £50k a week, Liverpool were offering more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Chamakh has a record of 1 goal every 4 games, so Overmars wasn't exactly wrong......

If the story is true then it disproves Arsene's theory/belief that Arsenal can't compete with other teams wrt wages/signings.
    Why?

We were offerring less wages than Liverpool by 10k apparently.

But it's still easy to see why he'd want to be an Arsenal player. Not an opportunity that comes up often. :arsenal:

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool?

Jump on la.

ReputationRep:
    Why?

But it's still easy to see why he'd want to be an Arsenal player. Not an opportunity that comes up often.
    Not related, but what did you mean 'so long and thanks for all the WUM'. You're not leaving?

ReputationRep:
    for a player like chamahk the choice between Arsenal and Liverpool is a no brainer

Arsenal every time, mainly becasue of Arsene Wenger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    Not related, but what did you mean 'so long and thanks for all the WUM'. You're not leaving?
    Thought you'd be glad tbf

The Bot has taken it too far.

I can't deal with it anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Why?

But it's still easy to see why he'd want to be an Arsenal player. Not an opportunity that comes up often. :arsenal:
    Why what? His scoring record or the fact that Arsenal can, in fact, compete for signings?

I did say wages/signings, Wenger seems to think that the correlation between the two is incontrovertible.

Apparently it does come up often, the amount of players that Wenger has said he's been in for is pretty comprehensive. . . Ronaldo, Vidic and so on.

ReputationRep:
    You guys will get Cole if Westham will be relagated. A way better player than that French douche. Oh and is it true Wenger is going to sign Beckham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Why what? His scoring record or the fact that Arsenal can, in fact, compete for signings?

I did say wages/signings, Wenger seems to think that the correlation between the two is incontrovertible.

Apparently it does come up often, the amount of players that Wenger has said he's been in for is pretty comprehensive. . . Ronaldo, Vidic and so on.
    I didn't understand a word of that, you WUM :dry:

It might just be that I haven't slept in 3 weeks and I'm about to lapse into a coma. Goodnight.

Goodnight, WUMeye... you WUMbucket of lol.

ReputationRep:
    Sleep well, fair princess.

Love you. :awesome:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.