Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think for the Barcelona game we may need to split our style down both sides of the pitch: What i mean is, use Rosicky/Eduardo (dont scoff, i didnt think Pandev could do it until last week) on the left as a defensive style winger, a la Inter. This will help Clichy and Song defend against their totally baist right side. On the left, we need to utterly pummel their quite frankly average players- Maxwell, Abidal, Keita...who the hell are they?? Get Eboue linking up with Walcott or Arshavin, and do a variant of Barca's own tactics. Shava will be useful for his flair, but i think Walcott may just edge it for me, in terms of running past Grandpa Puyol.
    Definitely get Bender in there, he is the only thing we have taller than Pique.
    In midfield, get Song sitting back putting in an absolute shift from flank to flank, as well as GELLing the hell out of Ibra. Diaby jogs along with Cesc, acting as his 3rd and 4th feet when Yaya decides to come along.

ReputationRep:
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!! You Beauty!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh Torres :love:

ReputationRep:
    Spoke too soon :sigh: - but it seems like Liverpool are up for a fight :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Jammy shrek faced **** wipe. :stomp:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richiboi)
    I think for the Barcelona game we may need to split our style down both sides of the pitch: What i mean is, use Rosicky/Eduardo (dont scoff, i didnt think Pandev could do it until last week) on the left as a defensive style winger, a la Inter. This will help Clichy and Song defend against their totally baist right side. On the left, we need to utterly pummel their quite frankly average players- Maxwell, Abidal, Keita...who the hell are they?? Get Eboue linking up with Walcott or Arshavin, and do a variant of Barca's own tactics. Shava will be useful for his flair, but i think Walcott may just edge it for me, in terms of running past Grandpa Puyol.
    In midfield, get Song sitting back putting in an absolute shift from flank to flank, as well as GELLing the hell out of Ibra. Diaby jogs along with Cesc, acting as his 3rd and 4th feet when Yaya decides to come along.
    You can't seriously think that dropping Arshavin and Sagna is a good idea? That Eduardo is a better "defensive style winger" than Eboue?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Never expcted this post :rolleyes:

Anyway, I see where you're coming from Tone, but joking aside... we need to have some GEL factor maximised in the encounters. Our registered GELs are:

Sol, Theo, Eboue, Vermaelen, Cesc... the rest are either injured or not quite GEL enough.

By having scrappy, dirty niggly **** swarm on Messi and Xavi, we are going to effectively slow them down and break their rhythm. When we don't have the ball, this is required.

That is why I want Theo, because while he's a fantastic outlet to get in behind what is a very quick team, and also latch onto Bendtner's flicks... he is more than capable of coming back and booting Messi et al up in the air, which we can only hope is done.
    Walcott kicking Messi? Since when did he become a GEL?

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever seen these two play? :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Torres is such a WUM

ReputationRep:
    Park will get a goal. And Torres needs to calm the **** down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amii_G)
    Park will get a goal. And Torres needs to calm the **** down.
    Agreed. Another yellow card and he's off

ReputationRep:
    This game is turning into a big LOL. There's gonna be goals, sendings off and GEL based injuries by the looks of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    Agreed. Another yellow card and he's off
    Stating the obvious a bit Nat... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    Stating the obvious a bit Nat... :rolleyes:
    :shh: Sometimes the obvious is ignored

I reckon he will get sent off and then Gerrard will make a spectacular strike to help Liverpool seal a 2 - 1 win. :iiam:

ReputationRep:
    It's like he's finally realised how much he hates ManUre. :laugh:

Nice wumming Torres lad.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else think Valencia went down far too easily? Yes his arm was being slightly held, but that gives Valencia no reason at all for his legs to suddenly buckle like that. Was a dive in my eyes.

Plus, the initial contact was outside the area. Reina unlucky with the save too. Lucky United...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Anyone else think Valencia went down far too easily? Yes his arm was being slightly held, but that gives Valencia no reason at all for his legs to suddenly buckle like that. Was a dive in my eyes.

Plus, the initial contact was outside the area. Reina unlucky with the save too. Lucky United...
    He actually waited until he was inside the box to tumble. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It was old trafford penalty vintage at its best. Almost as ridiculous as the penalty against Vermaelen yesterday. Surprising that this one went for United, isn't it?

I just don't when it will stop.

Waste of yellow cards from Liverpool, no-one has crunched Rooney yet. Poor.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.