Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by geoff_yin)
    Anyone else think Valencia went down far too easily? Yes his arm was being slightly held, but that gives Valencia no reason at all for his legs to suddenly buckle like that. Was a dive in my eyes.

Plus, the initial contact was outside the area. Reina unlucky with the save too. Lucky United...
    Yeh it was a great save by Reina. He probably got too good of a contact on the ball which means it stayed in the middle for Roooooooooooney to get a simple tap in.

I'm pleased with the 1-1 so far though. I can see us nicking it in the last 10 mins with a Torres goal. Gerrard needs to get more involved in this game as he has been anonymous so far.

Kuyt MOTH. Some great flicks and passes and great ball for Torres' goal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singh_2)
    Yeh it was a great save by Reina. He probably got too good of a contact on the ball which means it stayed in the middle for Roooooooooooney to get a simple tap in.

I'm pleased with the 1-1 so far though. I can see us nicking it in the last 10 mins with a Torres goal. Gerrard needs to get more involved in this game as he has been anonymous so far.

Someone said we need to bring Kuyt off :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singh_2)

Gerrard is having a lazy day

(Original post by antonfigo)
    Gerrard is having a lazy season
    Fixed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panthalic)
    You can't seriously think that dropping Arshavin and Sagna is a good idea? That Eduardo is a better "defensive style winger" than Eboue?
    Im talking on the left hand side, not right, Eboue and Sagna dont really figure in that sense. In just thinking that Arshavin may freewheel a bit too much in attack, leaving Alves space to come forward. Eduardo is a bit stronger physically than Arshavin. Dont get me wrong, im not saying it will work, im just thinking in ways that Mourinho did to supress Chelskis full-backs last week; ive not seen Pandev play in such a manner before, so its all highly experimental.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    Have you ever seen these two play? :facepalm2:
    They hardly compare with Dani and Lionel now, do they? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I think Park is more effective on the right, rather than this floating #10 role...

EDIT: I shall eat my words.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richiboi)
    They hardly compare with Dani and Lionel now, do they? :cool:
    Calling them average is slightly hyperbolic though? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Come Stevie Me. Bring out the starfish FFS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amii_G)
    I think Park is more effective on the right, rather than this floating #10 role...

EDIT: I shall eat my words.
    You did predict that he would score though :cool:

Rofl. Torres hugging Neville.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richiboi)
    Im talking on the left hand side, not right, Eboue and Sagna dont really figure in that sense.
    "On the left (their left), we need to utterly pummel their quite frankly average players- Maxwell, Abidal, Keita...who the hell are they?? Get Eboue linking up with Walcott or Arshavin, and do a variant of Barca's own tactics. Shava will be useful for his flair, but i think Walcott may just edge it for me, in terms of running past Grandpa Puyol."

That to me says you are talking about playing Eboue at RB and Walcott at RWF. Hence Sagna gets dropped. You go on to say Eddie should play LWF and Bendtner must play, so where does Arshavin play?

Still don't understand why Eduardo would be better than Eboue at "defensive style winger".

ReputationRep:
    Pathetic pathetic defending. How can that little midget win a header?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    You did predict that he would score though :cool:
    Yes, yes I did. :smug:

Ffs Gerrard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panthalic)
    "On the left (their left), we need to utterly pummel their quite frankly average players- Maxwell, Abidal, Keita...who the hell are they?? Get Eboue linking up with Walcott or Arshavin, and do a variant of Barca's own tactics. Shava will be useful for his flair, but i think Walcott may just edge it for me, in terms of running past Grandpa Puyol."

That to me says you are talking about playing Eboue at RB and Walcott at RWF. Hence Sagna gets dropped. You go on to say Eddie should play LWF and Bendtner must play, so where does Arshavin play?

Still don't understand why Eduardo would be better than Eboue at "defensive style winger".
    Im not saying he would be better. I just think that our attacks should be focused down their weaker left side, since our right sided players are reasonably good. Im just thinking Eduardo could be good in that role on the left in suppressing Alves due to him having slighty more beef in him than Arshavin and Nasri. Just mutterings that will never occur in the real world, of course.

ReputationRep:
    BRING ON BABEL, FFS.

x

ReputationRep:
    a yellow???

ReputationRep:
    Babel and Aquilani on.

Now DO SOMETHING

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amii_G)
    BRING ON BABEL, FFS.

x
    id like aquilani for gerrard

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.