Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Of Greek descent and just living in Spain. I believe. :ninja:
    You know you're a stalker when you know where he originated from.

Then again, you know where I originate from.

FML

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    You've repped me within the last 28 days anyway.

I'll try though... :holmes:
    The thought was there tbh

You have until Midnight :iiam:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Do you see more Spanish or Catalan flags?

And do they speak Catalan or Spanish?
    Catalan flags definitely. Spanish flags are only on official buildings otherwise you won't find them anywhere apart from the odd Castilian with a death wish. All the Catalans will (generally) insist on speaking catalan to each other but they do all speak fluent spanish (again generally). There's nothing you can really compare it to tbh as scotland/northern ireland aren't direct parallels. Very very complicated. You'd probably have to speak to a catalan tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    FFS there was something about racism and the guy said something about (him or his dad) getting remarks once because he is part Greek and looks like Eddie, or something like that, I don't see how remembering that makes me a stalker tbh. :cool:

If I named every country in the world I still wouldn't have named everywhere you originate from.
    **** me what are you, the rainman?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    Catalan flags definitely. Spanish flags are only on official buildings otherwise you won't find them anywhere apart from the odd Castilian with a death wish. All the Catalans will (generally) insist on speaking catalan to each other but they do all speak fluent spanish (again generally). There's nothing you can really compare it to tbh as scotland/northern ireland aren't direct parallels. Very very complicated. You'd probably have to speak to a catalan tbh.
    I'm guessing a Castilian is a loyalist, and are there many in Catalonia?

The problem when comparing it to Scotland is that only 30% want independence.

Could you compare it to Québec?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    What kind of information are you looking for me to find?

I have to find out what the d is for a start though tbh.
    Her name's Duncan.

ReputationRep:
    **** me what are you, the rainman?
    A Facebook pro more like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    What kind of information are you looking for me to find?

I have to find out what the d is for a start though tbh.
    Well when you have found something and it is true, post it here in your stalkerish way and I shall tell you if I'm impressed or not

D :iiam:

ReputationRep:

A Castilian is someone from central spain e.g. madrid,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castilian_people

You could also include the andulucians from the south but I'm not sure tbh. The only loyalists you'd find in catalunya would be migrants from the centre of spain. Catalans are either for independence or neutral.

I don't really know much about Quebec at all so can't really comment. What's with the desire for knowledge of spanish history lol?

ReputationRep:
    Enjoyed the game on Saturday. Thought the crowd really got behind the lads when we went down to 10. It's a shame it takes something like that to get everyone going but it kinda made the rest of the game a lot more enjoyable.

It's a shame to lose Vermaelen for a game. We should consider appealing. I know the 'punishment' for an unsuccessful appeal is an extra game ban but that'd just mean he'd miss Wolves at home and some other piss easy fixture. It might be worth taking the hit if it allows us to play him at Brum.

Today's results went pretty much as expected. I knew Chelsea would **** up and they'll **** up at liverpool, the spuds and manyoo too. All we can do is keep winning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    It's a shame to lose Vermaelen for a game. We should consider appealing. I know the 'punishment' for an unsuccessful appeal is an extra game ban but that'd just mean he'd miss Wolves at home and some other piss easy fixture. It might be worth taking the hit if it allows us to play him at Brum.
    I think the extra game ban is only for a "frivolous" appeal. If you have a half decent case and it wasn't a blatant red card then you shouldn't get the extra game ban. Well worth an appeal, in my opinion.

You guys are looking pretty good right now, good job .

ReputationRep:
    Diouf - our hero for the day. Man, that leaves a bitter taste.

ReputationRep:

Tbh, Cataluna has wanted independence since the time of Franco and it's not really gonna happen.

ReputationRep:
    In other news, who wants to come to Barcelona? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    A Castilian is someone from central spain e.g. madrid,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castilian_people

You could also include the andulucians from the south but I'm not sure tbh. The only loyalists you'd find in catalunya would be migrants from the centre of spain. Catalans are either for independence or neutral.

I don't really know much about Quebec at all so can't really comment. What's with the desire for knowledge of spanish history lol?
    Apparently only 32% are for independence, 51% are against, 14% indifferent and 3% don't know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalan_separatism

Moreover, isn't it illegal for Spain's autonomous regions to become independent - I thought I saw that in the Spanish constitution.

It intrigues me.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear... what has this topic become?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    Tbh, Cataluna has wanted independence since the time of Franco and it's not really gonna happen.
    It used to be an independent country.

I see no reason how Spain could hold onto it. Moreover, the EU made Kosovo an independent country, I don't see why they wouldn't do the same to Catalonia, assuming that a majority want independence, which at the moment, as far as I'm aware, they don't.

ReputationRep:
    Bad news for us, Ibra actually looks slightly intelligent/mobile in the game vs Zaragoza atm:mmm:

Hmm, as I typed that he missed a sitter of a header.:ashamed2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Oh dear... what has this topic become?
    Nothing really, we were about to change it to Chelsea's day out at Blackburn.

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Apparently only 32% are for independence, 51% are against, 14% indifferent and 3% don't know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalan_separatism

Moreover, isn't it illegal for Spain's autonomous regions to become independent - I thought I saw that in the Spanish constitution.

It intrigues me.
    Juan Carlos probably put that in the constitution because of the problems that the Basque Country and Cataluna caused during Franco's time. All the lost hours of strikes and protests in Cataluna which involved Barcelona FC as an outlet ie. most of the fans sang in Catalan.

It used to be an independent country.

I see no reason how Spain could hold onto it. Moreover, the EU made Kosovo an independent country, I don't see why they wouldn't do the same to Catalonia, assuming that a majority want independence, which at the moment, as far as I'm aware, they don't.
    They'll probably do a referendum, if it becomes a problem, its like what happened with Gibraltar.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.