Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Why should Upson have received a red? :unsure:
    Too much of a GEL tbphwy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    Too much of a GEL tbphwy
    Besides that, and the obvious hatred of the fact that he tried to stop Arsenal, why should he have been sent off? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Besides that, and the obvious hatred of the fact that he tried to stop Arsenal, why should he have been sent off? :erm:
    You mean you need more reason than that? :confused:

Well judging by the refs previous decisions it would have made them at least consistent...

ReputationRep:
    I read that vermaelan's red card wasnt overturned.....how does the FA operate these days

also, what was the reason they werent able to ban Steven Gerrard for that elbow the other week :confused:

ReputationRep:
    RVP in back training...Video

Cesc Fabregas: A face infection, the reason why I have grown my beard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vn2009)
    I read that vermaelan's red card wasnt overturned.....how does the FA operate these days

also, what was the reason they werent able to ban Steven Gerrard for that elbow the other week :confused:
    Wrt the Gerrard incident, the ref dealt with it during the match therefore the FA are powerless to ban him.

As for Vermaelen, it seems like the FA protecting the ref.

ReputationRep:
    I swear the FA is run by a bunch of *****!

ReputationRep:
    The FOOTBALL Association and their referees clearly know more about football than you lot :teeth:

I thought an unsuccessful appeal automatically got you a ban extension?

I hope Wenger plays Campbell-Song against Birmingham: I don't fancy going up against Chucho with a Campbell-Silvestre partnership (too slow).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    I thought an unsuccessful appeal automatically got you a ban extension?

I hope Wenger plays Campbell-Song against Birmingham: I don't fancy going up against Chucho with a Campbell-Silvestre partnership (too slow).
    It's a tricky one.

Because moving Song back means we can't have the Diaby--Song--Cesc midfield. And the Diaby--Song--Cesc midfield is ****in' phenomenal right now. So ****in' phenomenal that its benefits could outweigh the drawbacks of having that steaming turd Silvestre playing. Not to mention the fact that with Diaby and Song playing in midfield, it gives Cesc a freer license to do whatever the **** he wants.

I'd be tempted to go:

----------Almunia-----------

Sagna--Sol--Silvestre--Clichy

---Diaby---Song---Cesc----

Rosicky---Eduardo---Arshavin

*Eduardo ahead of Bendtner for the simple reason that you just know Eduardo will score back at that ground. We've stepped up with all the emotion attached to certain incidents already this season. This'd just be another one.

(Original post by Overmars)
    I'd have agreed with you if we were playing at home, but away, I'd go with:

--------------Almunia---------------
    Sagna----Campbell---Song-----Clichy
    --------------Denilson---------------
    -------Cesc-----------Diaby---------
    -------------------------------------
    Nasri--------Bendtner--------Arshavin

Denilson will generally bomb forward, but with Song holding back, hat doesn't worry me. If it was Song bombing forward and Campbell-Silvestre holding, or worse, running back, it might worry me.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, that game's got 1-1 written all over it.

ReputationRep:
    Sol will be rested for the champs league so it'll be Tweety pie and song an the back with denilson holding. There could be some serious cesc WUMmery on saturday. He's got a point to prove after '08. God help birmingham if their imbecilic fans start singing eduardo songs, it'll just fire us up more.

ReputationRep:
    Why should Upson have received a red? :unsure:
    Handball inside the box? Not playing the GEL, Arsenal conspiracy card, I thought that was a cardworthy offence? He didn't even get a yellow as I recall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voodoomagic)
    Handball inside the box? Not playing the GEL, Arsenal conspiracy card, I thought that was a cardworthy offence? He didn't even get a yellow as I recall.
    Handball is only punishable by a yellow if it's deliberate....... a red if it stops a clear goalscoring opportunity.

ReputationRep:
    Handball is only punishable by a yellow if it's deliberate....... a red if it stops a clear goalscoring opportunity.

But he was already booked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlw31)
    But he was already booked.
    Again, has to be deliberate to be a booking.

ReputationRep:
    Cesc would've had a shot at goal from 8 yards out. I think it's pretty safe to say he was denied a goalscoring opportunity.

But I really couldn't care less. Whether he gets sent off or not isn't going to impact on us in the slightest.

ReputationRep:
    Who do we think'll grab 4th place, and am I the only one who finds the battle for 4th place more interesting and more tense than the battle for 1st?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Who do we think'll grab 4th place, and am I the only one who finds the battle for 4th place more interesting and more tense than the battle for 1st?
    No.

But you're probably the only Arsenal fan that does.

Seriously, I couldn't give a ****. Liverpool or Man City...I'd prefer the scousers but, really, I'm not that bothered.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.