Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    **** off we've got Dutch internationals coming, unless you bring RVP I'm not gonna embarrass myself by coming.
    I'm 19, I haven't played well for like 4 years :rofl: Ever since I've been in the UK I've focused more on studies. I'm not good at all now trust me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephirona)
    Nah I used to be in the under 15 Dutch (indoor) national team. :p: But I've kinda lost it now.
    That's ******* incredible, especially considering the Dutch are the kings of street football.

Tell me more plz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Hmm, I fear your better than you're letting on, anyway should be a good laugh.
    Yea it should be jokes dude! It's so surreal to kick ball with online people. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I'm 19, I haven't played well for like 4 years :rofl: Ever since I've been in the UK I've focused more on studies. I'm not good at all now trust me!
    Don't worry, most of the society are just armchair footballers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    That's ******* incredible, especially considering the Dutch are the kings of street football.

Tell me more plz
    Yea I was luckily enough to be scouted as I had potential. But it's all gone now, I just want to know how it feels to kick a ball again. I don't want to embarass myself lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)

Tell me more plz
    Don't feed him!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Don't worry, most of the society are just armchair footballers.
    Major relief.:o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Someone sounds jealous. :p:

Go on, tell us how you can run a half marathon in sub 1.30
    Determinaton's the most important factor, but you also need to be physically fit. It's all about repetition and a lot of ice baths, because without both of them, there's no way you'll be able to make any sort of progress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    And shoes, invest in running shoes or you'll be a cripple by the age of 25.

ReputationRep:
    Yea I was luckily enough to be scouted as I had potential. But it's all gone now, I just want to know how it feels to kick a ball again. I don't want to embarass myself lol.
    When you say indoor football (seeing as you're Dutch), does that include all the standard silky skills, freestyle skills, akkas, groundtrix etc. that I pleasure myself over, or is it just standard football indoors?

And yes, please state your marathon times

ReputationRep:
    sup lads

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    When you say indoor football (seeing as you're Dutch), does that include all the standard silky skills, freestyle skills, akkas, groundtrix etc. that I pleasure myself over, or is it just standard football indoors?

That's more of the freestyle indoor football. We used to play standard indoor lol. But I used to be quite skillful but in a basic way. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Any specific shoes you would recommend?
    I nicked a pair of these, except they're blue and white as opposed to silver and red. Any shoe that has a supportive layer beneath the sole is ideal, and run on grass whenever you can as it's softer than concrete.

The physical aspect of running isn't even 1/4 of what you really need. If you don't eat and think properly, forget it, you'll only last about 500 yards before you're puffed out.

Get your hands on an mp3 player and listen to some music, as it'll take your mind off what you're doing, push yourself as hard as you can and dedicate yourself to it(when its cold, raining and windy on a Sunday morning, a long lie in isn't the answer), ice baths are your friend, as they repair your muscles, have one for about 30 mins, I only put my feet, legs and thighs in the water as I'm a pussy but feel free to get your head in there if you're a real man.

Are you serious about running or is it just to get in shape?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)

I've reduced my time to around 1:30 for a half marathon, do you run?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    I've reduced my time to around 1:30 for a half marathon, do you run?
    Shiiit you run? I'm a normal 400m/800m runner (53 secs and 2:00)

ReputationRep:
    Holy ****, both of you tbh, very good times.

I've never run a half marathon but that sounds like a good time.

ReputationRep:
    Aren't these like European Championship standard times?!

Sephirona will nullify the GELs

ReputationRep:
    I could manage 100m in about 13 seconds or so, but I achieved that 2 years ago, I've gained at least 10kg since then and think I'd be able to get it closer to 11 seconds or so.

I've never tried 200m, 400m, 800m and so on, but I don't think I'd have much of a problem, it's a pity the club here is dire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Holy ****, both of you tbh, very good times.

I've never run a half marathon but that sounds like a good time.
    I heard the average time was about 1h 45 mins, so I'd like to think that I'm doing well.

Do you run at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Just to get in shape really, but if I did I'd probably end up becoming serious about it anyway.
    Here's a tip, which had I known from the start it'd have made my life so much easier, one of my mates who's in the US Army told me about it.

When you start your programme, run at a normal pace for 2 minutes and then walk for two minutes, repeat that for an hour or so. Start picking the pace up over the next few weeks and eventually cut out the walking.

It'll ease your body into the rhythm instead of jumping into the deep end directly.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.