Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Here's a tip, which had I known from the start it'd have made my life so much easier, one of my mates who's in the US Army told me about it.

When you start your programme, run at a normal pace for 2 minutes and then walk for two minutes, repeat that for an hour or so. Start picking the pace up over the next few weeks and eventually cut out the walking.

It'll ease your body into the rhythm instead of jumping into the deep end directly.
    This is what I'm doing and have been for the last two weeks. I started with 1 min on, 1 off, for 45mins, by the end of this week I aim to run for at least an hour. Also, only running every second day......

Warm up/warm down are very important too. Don't go straight into it......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    This is what I'm doing and have been for the last two weeks. I started with 1 min on, 1 off, for 45mins, by the end of this week I aim to run for at least an hour. Also, only running every second day......

Warm up/warm down are very important too. Don't go straight into it......
    Of course, make sure you spend a good 10 minutes warming up.

How's the running going?

ReputationRep:
    Of course, make sure you spend a good 10 minutes warming up.

How's the running going?
    I walk down to where I run, it's about 7/8 mins away, then I do some stretching for a minute or two, and then set off.....

It's going ok, I'm not recording distances, yet, but merely getting fit. I think the aim is to increase stamina and the target distance is 10km, perhaps three months down the line, though. I need running shoes, at the moment I'm running in Vans, hopefully I get a decent pair of trainers at the weekend. Those are pretty damn good times from you, btw. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    Guys, I've moved some posts from this thread to The Dressing Room again - off-topic posting is okay for a bit, but TDR is a better place for it so just move the conversation there. Cheers However there are some posts which have been deleted also. Please try and keep on topic or at the very least about Football.

Thanks guys.
    Give us the WUMsoc plz.

Thanks Stu

ReputationRep:
    I heard the average time was about 1h 45 mins, so I'd like to think that I'm doing well.

Do you run at all?
    Used to about 6 years ago lolz

1500/3000m for districts.

That's as far as it got, I've barely done anything since and I'm slowly turning into a lazy ******... major fitness plans for Summer :shifty:

What sort of running do you do generally / at your club?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Used to about 6 years ago lolz

1500/3000m for districts.

That's as far as it got, I've barely done anything since and I'm slowly turning into a lazy ******... major fitness plans for Summer :shifty:

What sort of running do you do generally / at your club?
    I've never ran for a club, only for my school because they more or less forced me to.

Are these major plans being made in order to walk around the beach with your top off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Give us the WUMsoc plz.
    Has that still not been approved??

ReputationRep:
    Running and all that jazz
    Do you know much about running with regards to old injuries? I could give you a mini run-down of the problems and see if you know anything that could help with regards to basic fitness as a start, if you could help of course

ReputationRep:
    I've never ran for a club, only for my school because they more or less forced me to.

Are these major plans being made in order to walk around the beach with your top off
    Mainly so I stop my vessels from atherosclerosing and eventually getting a heart attack. Also so I don't get tired from getting another biscuit.

I don't think that would work tbh, the world is not ready for my chest, too much man to handle :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    Has that still not been approved??
    Presumably not.

And I will shamelessly SPAM this thread into an incoherent wreckage of humanity until it is.

I don't think the moderators understand how to keep me sweet :facepalm2:

or how petulant I can be

I run.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    Do you know much about running with regards to old injuries? I could give you a mini run-down of the problems and see if you know anything that could help with regards to basic fitness as a start, if you could help of course
    What sort of injuries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Mainly so I stop my vessels from atherosclerosing and eventually getting a heart attack. Also so I don't get tired from getting another biscuit.

I don't think that would work tbh, the world is not ready for my chest, too much man to handle :sigh:
    You and your big words, I loathe you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)

:rofl:

I'd start asap because tomorrow never comes.

ReputationRep:
    Presumably not.

And I will shamelessly SPAM this thread into an incoherent wreckage of humanity until it is.

I don't think the moderators understand how to keep me sweet :facepalm2:

or how petulant I can be

I run.
    I hear you only last 10 minutes...

in bed

ReputationRep:
    I hear you only last 10 minutes...

in bed
    The finest ten minutes of both our lives :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I hope they will be because I don't usually believe the hype.

ReputationRep:
    BS, Stalin.

I speak from experience, a harrowing experience. :pinch:

ReputationRep:
    You and your big words, I loathe you.
    Your university course suggests you would enjoy reading the dictionary

ReputationRep:
    What sort of injuries?
    Ruptured anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments in my right knee (scar tissue remains) - that was 9 years ago so I can run but with some pain and heavy legs.
    Loose ligaments surrounding all ankles, resulting in turning over and 'flaking' of the bone (hasn't happened for a couple of years, fingers crossed!)
    Ruptured cartilage, with a blood clot (sort of) acting as my cartilage :lolwut:
    Old fractures in my shins that were undiagnosed which sometimes give me shooting pains.
    And obviously because I haven't been doing much over the last couple of years my muscles are ridiculously tight but I've been doing stretches to fix this. (I think this is why I get shooting pains through both my knees sometimes as well)

Well thats the minimum/major ones, don't want to bore you :p:
    And yes my nickname in school was Mr Glass :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    BS, Stalin.

I speak from experience, a harrowing experience. :pinch:
    In that case the hype will fall on deaf ears.

My bangathon will be with Stu, sleeping with the mods is rewarding apparently.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.