Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...051139,00.html

Arshavin needs to shut his mouth and just stick to playing football tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Arsh, what the ****? :lolwut:

He should stop missing so many chances and put us top tbh

He is allowed to open his mouth when it comes to the Q&A on his website though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...051139,00.html

Arshavin needs to shut his mouth and just stick to playing football tbh.
    Yeah but I'm hearing that he said this right after our loss to Chelsea.I wonder when he really said this.I don't like this type of talk from any footballer.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter when he said it. He needs to shut his mouth. We don't need 'stars' to win our next 7 league games.

Looks like Denilson has something to say again :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    I've seen the Celtic players do this before a number of matches. Awaiting imminent explosion of our title chances now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    ice baths are your friend, as they repair your muscles, have one for about 30 mins
    A 30 minute ice bath?!? :lolwut:

I have only ever done 10-15 minutes in one. Any more would be indescribable agony, surely?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)

I have only ever done 10-15 minutes in one. Any more would be indescribable agony, surely?
    Are you questioning Stalin!? :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    The perfect running trainers for TSRers...

:rofl:

They are actually pretty good. I had a pair before and they were by far the most comfortable trainers I've ever had.

New post up my fellow WUMs, talking about the Barcelona point of view: http://rantraveandriot.wordpress.com/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)

I only put my feet, legs and thighs in this ice bath though, which is why I can last so long. Putting your head under freezing water for 30 minutes would lead to death.

Moreover, I don't feel the pain in my legs after about 1 minute or so, it's really not that bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    I only put my feet, legs and thighs in this ice bath though, which is why I can last so long. Putting your head under freezing water for 30 minutes would lead to death.

Moreover, I don't feel the pain in my legs after about 1 minute or so, it's really not that bad.
    What's so great about ice baths?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    They repair your muscles.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.runnersworld.com/article/...2810-0,00.html

Read this if your interested.

ReputationRep:
    I don't solely run as such, I have football training/games.

Looks like an interesting thing to try though...

How often do you do it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    Slows down the metabolism which it reduces swelling and muscle breakdown. I was always told to avoid the more welcoming hot shower as they cause the lactic acid to spread or rise or something, thus making you incredibly stiff in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)

How often do you do it?
    As soon as I finish running - 3/4 times per week.

Wave bye bye to your penis though.

Running is arguably more vital than technical skill when it comes to football. 11 men who can run up and down the pitch with ease should in theory beat 11 unfit skillful men.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)

How often do you do it?
    Straight after the exercise, properly cold shower usually does the trick just as well.

Beaten 2 for 2 by Stalin. >_<

ReputationRep:
    Meh, that often would require too much effort. I'll just stick to lying on the couch after football. (Edit - Colder shower might be an idea. Less actually have to do something.)

Cheers you two.

Stalin, my penis hasn't recovered from the winter we just had anyways :teehee:

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    I go for lunch and when I come back I find you all talking about penis sizes.

:facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    I go for lunch and when I come back I find you all talking about penis sizes.

:facepalm2:
    Insecure? :p:

Interesting blog by the way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    I googled earlier to find out roughly how much ice to put in, someone had asked on Yahoo and the answer given was enough to get it down to 10 degrees as that's the ideal temperature. I didn't have that much ice in but I swear to you the rest of the bath started freezing up it was so ******* cold, needless to say I jumped in the shower after about 3 mins. Stalin, I love you, but I ******* hate you for that, if I die of hypothermia I have left a note with details for Interpol to track you down. I'll stick to the cold showers from now on.

Thanks for the rep MM :yy:
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That bad though? Cold showers for me from now then

(Original post by Michelin Man)
    meh meh penis size meh meh
    You love it :woo:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.