Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voodoomagic)
    Insecure? :p:

Interesting blog by the way.
    Cheers :yy:

Nah it might be a good thing, might stop the girls complaining I'm hurting them... :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Modesty.... :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    Modesty.... :facepalm2:
    Soz :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Don't be sorry :perv:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    Don't be sorry :perv:
    Giggidy :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    This place is making me a terrible human being :emo:

I love it :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    You're Scottish, you always were a terrible human being. :gah:

ReputationRep:
    I may be, but you'll never take my freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedom! :horse:

:upyours: :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    I only put my feet, legs and thighs in this ice bath though, which is why I can last so long. Putting your head under freezing water for 30 minutes would lead to death.

Moreover, I don't feel the pain in my legs after about 1 minute or so, it's really not that bad.
    That's all you should really do in ice baths, and I still have never heard of doing one for that long before. I can't think of many types of sports where you need to repair your head muscles. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    That's all you should really do in ice baths, and I still have never heard of doing one for that long before. I can't think of many types of sports where you need to repair your head muscles. :confused:
    I just finished running about 40 mins ago, and whilst in my ice bath I thought of this society, adorable am I not?

How long do you last in your ice baths, 10-15 mins?

I also received a good layer of sunburn on my forehead, ******* fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    I just finished running about 40 mins ago, and whilst in my ice bath I thought of this society, adorable am I not?

Either 15 minutes all in one go, or if it's been a big exertion (like a football match that went to penalties, or a big race, for example) then I will do 10 minutes in one, then a warm shower for 10 minutes, then another 10 minutes.

30 minutes all in one go in almost-freezing temperatures surely must have some kind of adverse effect on the body... :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    I googled earlier to find out roughly how much ice to put in, someone had asked on Yahoo and the answer given was enough to get it down to 10 degrees as that's the ideal temperature. I didn't have that much ice in but I swear to you the rest of the bath started freezing up it was so ******* cold, needless to say I jumped in the shower after about 3 mins. Stalin, I love you, but I ******* hate you for that, if I die of hypothermia I have left a note with details for Interpol to track you down. I'll stick to the cold showers from now on.

Thanks for the rep MM :yy:
    :rofl:

I don't need to put any ice in my bath, the coldest I can get it to is 5°C which is roughly where you want it at.

Cold showers are for girls tbh.

ReputationRep:

Thinking of us whilst.... naked?

That's maybe a bit far

ReputationRep:
    Either 15 minutes all in one go, or if it's been a big exertion (like a football match that went to penalties, or a big race, for example) then I will do 10 minutes in one, then a warm shower for 10 minutes, then another 10 minutes.

30 minutes all in one go in sub-freezing temperatures surely must have some kind of adverse effect on the body... :unsure:
    I get used to it pretty quickly tbh and I don't have a hot shower afterwards, I just dry myself off and get on with business.

It's not had any effect on me, yet, but I think I might be able to snap one of my toes off just before I get out the bath.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    Thinking of us whilst.... naked?

That's maybe a bit far
    Not completely naked, my dad was in the bathroom shaving and you're meant to get into an ice bath asap after you finish running, so he flipped when he saw me get in with my clothes on and reflipped when he touched the water.

ReputationRep:
    I get used to it pretty quickly tbh and I don't have a hot shower afterwards, I just dry myself off and get on with business.

It's not had any effect on me, yet, but I think I might be able to snap one of my toes off just before I get out the bath.
    Having just had a look at this article because I was curious, it seems that spending too long in one can actually cause muscle tightness.

ReputationRep:
    Having just had a look at this article because I was curious, it seems that spending too long in one can actually cause muscle tightness.
    :rofl:

It even says your ice bath should be between 12°C-15°C and that should take a warm shower 30 - 60 mins after, I'll give it a go then.

ReputationRep:
    Cold showers are for girls tbh.
    Have you ever had to get up at 6am with the prospect of a freezing shower ahead of you. Takes true machismo to get out of bed there my friend, trust.

ReputationRep:
    Stalin, doing it wrong. Since ever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voodoomagic)
    Have you ever had to get up at 6am with the prospect of a freezing shower ahead of you. Takes true machismo to get out of bed there my friend, trust.
    I used to live in Scotland, what about the prospect of waking up at 6am, having a hot shower and as soon as you open your door receiving an ice cold shower for free?

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.