Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    on a different topic i still think bendtner isn't good enough for arsenal...i have been saying this from the first time i watched him...he can't finish to save his life (ik he's scored a couple of goals in the last couple of matches but tbh a sunday league footballer could have scored them)...ok he is tall and good as a target man but strikers main job should be to finish and score goals when given a sniff of the oppositions goal and thats why i think wenger should have bought someone in the january transfer market...VP injured till end of may and eduardo a shadow of his former self, we really needed someone to step and bang them in...it's alright against smaller teams cos you get chances now and again and even you miss a couple you know you will carve them open but against teams like chelsea and manure (and indeed barca comin up) we need someone who when given a chance puts them away...and that somone should be leading the strike-force and no matter how much wenger bigs him up, i still think he isn't good enough for us

ReputationRep:
    Why can the reds not get tickets? surely some allocation?

Get one for your friend JK, and I'll murder them for it k?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billa Bong)
    on a different topic i still think bendtner isn't good enough for arsenal...i have been saying this from the first time i watched him...he can't finish to save his life (ik he's scored a couple of goals in the last couple of matches but tbh a sunday league footballer could have scored them)...ok he is tall and good as a target man but strikers main job should be to finish and score goals when given a sniff of the oppositions goal and thats why i think wenger should have bought someone in the january transfer market...VP injured till end of may and eduardo a shadow of his former self, we really needed someone to step and bang them in...it's alright against smaller teams cos you get chances now and again and even you miss a couple you know you will carve them open but against teams like chelsea and manure (and indeed barca comin up) we need someone who when given a chance puts them away...and that somone should be leading the strike-force and no matter how much wenger bigs him up, i still think he isn't good enough for us
    :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Why can the reds not get tickets? surely some allocation?

Get one for your friend JK, and I'll murder them for it k?
    They only keep back an allocation for red members for league games. Everything else is priority to silvers. Out of interest does anyone know how many silver members there are in total?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    So... How do I (red member and serial WUM) endow myself with some tickets tomorrow?

Any chance at all?
    Get down on your knees and take the WUM in the face.

ReputationRep:
    Bendtner is currently an alternative, more direct player. Bendtner is also developing as a talent, and only just in his twenties.

He is currently taking a first team role, partly due to some temporary form, partly due to his confidence and what is an emerging and fantastic dedication to improving... He has the perfect attitude, and faultless ambition to be the best.

I have absolutely no doubt that he will be one of the 10 best forwards - worldwide - in this generation. He has everything necessary to do so, and people would do well to suspend their criticisms and watch very carefully.

ReputationRep:
    Just to let the people know who are buying tickets tomorrow that the website WILL **** up. The home game tickets go on sale at 11am. Whilst obviously the away game is already on sale with the level dropping to 5+ credits at 9.45am and to all ST holders at 3pm. There is no way the website will be able to handle it so I advise masses of patience!

ReputationRep:
    I think he's good enough four us, as a 3rd/4th choice, which he will be next season. You can't complain when your bench striker is scoring 15 goals in all comps (last season). He's a very good player to have coming off the bench.

VP is our main striker. Chamakh will provide cover, with Bendtner and Eduardo being our bench strikers. You can't really complain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    I think he's good enough four us, as a 3rd/4th choice, which he will be next season. You can't complain when your bench striker is scoring 15 goals in all comps (last season). He's a very good player to have coming off the bench.

VP is our main striker. Chamakh will provide cover, with Bendtner and Eduardo being our bench strikers. You can't really complain.
    yeah 3rd/4th choice would be ok but expecting him to lead the attack for nearly the whole season isn't good enough...i mean with VP back it'll be alright but as we know he is a bit prone to injury...hopefully chamakh can add something different to the attack

ReputationRep:
    yeah 3rd/4th choice would be ok but expecting him to lead the attack for nearly the whole season isn't good enough...i mean with VP back it'll be alright but as we know he is a bit prone to injury...hopefully chamakh can add something different to the attack
    VP is injured. And Bordeaux would not sell Chamakh now, no point in panic buying when we can have him as a freebie in the summer.

We have never had problems scoring goals, why the hell would we need to sign a striker?

ReputationRep:
    victor moses went pretty cheap and he's still pretty young...we could have bought him, sold bendtner and then bought chamakh in summer...ik we never had problem scoring goals, especially in the big matches...i mean bendtner isn't the kind of player that will win you matches (like torres, drogba and rooney)...i just hope VP comes back before end of april

ReputationRep:
    i mean bendtner isn't the kind of player that will win you matches (like torres, drogba and rooney...
    Neither is Victor Moses :facepalm2:

We don't need a ******** striker.

ReputationRep:
    victor moses went pretty cheap and he's still pretty young...we could have bought him, sold bendtner and then bought chamakh in summer...ik we never had problem scoring goals, especially in the big matches...i mean bendtner isn't the kind of player that will win you matches (like torres, drogba and rooney)...i just hope VP comes back before end of april
    Honestly STFU you're embarrassing yourself. He's been injured pretty much all season. He's made 16 starts with 8 sub appearances (mostly cameos) yet has scored 9 goals. He scored the winner against Hull and a hatrick in a champions league knock out game. It doesn't matter who the team is that's still impressive. Also he's only 22. How many strikers do you know who are freescoring at that age? Not every player can be as good as Rooney FFS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    Honestly STFU you're embarrassing yourself. He's been injured pretty much all season. He's made 16 starts with 8 sub appearances (mostly cameos) yet has scored 9 goals. He scored the winner against Hull and a hatrick in a champions league knock out game. It doesn't matter who the team is that's still impressive. Also he's only 22. How many strikers do you know who are freescoring at that age? Not every player can be as good as Rooney FFS.
    David N'gog. And he's even younger ffs :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    yes, because victor moses is!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    David N'gog. And he's even younger ffs :sexface:
    Babel's where it's at tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Bible Moses?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    You're not still babbling on about Babel.
    Did you know he's also a rapper...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Yes lol.

Stop. Babel time.

ReputationRep:
    Just found out nobody I know is flying over to Barca for the game so I've got nobody to deliver the ticket for me and am not sure if the post will be quick enough. FML seriously

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.