Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    I have to say... :facepalm2:

People were saying the same about Song just last year. Found the posts around the end of last season where I was the only strong backer he had.

Can't wait to be totally right again, tbh.
    He's a decent player, but he won't be able to break into our team. Next season he'll be 5th choice, and we only play one striker (wings are overcrowded too)... Let him have a good WC, and then we should look to cash in.

I was one of the only ones to back Song tbfh. I realised he'd be a very good player while he was at Charlton. He was easily their best player.

ReputationRep:
    I think if Wenger actually played Vela and he wasn't going to play an international game for Mexico every two hours, Vela would actually be pretty epic for us. He has more potential than any striker we have in the reserves, out on loan and Bendtner.

As for the Barca game, I love watching them play (Real too, but mainly for the big names they have rather than their brand of football), and I was watching them play Osasuna last night - they're not the infinitely powerful superhuman team people sometimes make them out to be. At times they looked cagey, their defence looked almost nervous. Had Osasuna not been deprived of their three main strikers due to injury, and had they actually taken their chances, the result could have been very different. Their defenders constant forward runs leave them very, very exposed, and Puyol is a shadow of his former self. Even Messi was kept under relative control, they didn't give him the time to run with the ball and closed him down easily enough.

They often score a lot of their goals in the last 30 minutes of the game, when the other team is tired, which is the same as Arsenal, so I think our stamina will cancel out theirs (except Puyol, who looked like he was going to die - though I suppose we have the same problem with Campbell in defence).

It could be an end-to-end game with a lot of goals, or it could just as easily be a goalless draw going into extra time in the 2nd leg - in which case, I would much rather be playing away, despite the home support they'll have. I just hope that, if Fabregas gets booed, he'll thrive under it rather than let it demoralise him.

ReputationRep:
    Denilson v West Ham

73 passes attempted.
    73 passes completed.

Still hating?

ReputationRep:
    About the Denilson stat, I didn't see the game but how many of the passes were ambitious? It's still a very impressive stat regardless of whether they were defence splitting passes or just sideways.

ReputationRep:
    Side ways, although I did miss the first half. He does the job of giving the ball to Fabregas, which is never a bad thing.

I'd still much rather see Diaby - Song - Cesc anyways.

Despite that stat, the best thing about him lately is his will to shoot as soon as he had the space. Leading to either a Denilson goal or a bobbletastic rebound :coma:

ReputationRep:
    How many seats does the Emirates have? If there's only 3,000 tickets for Barcelona fans and anyone below a silver membership at the club doesn't stand a chance of getting a seat I must either have wildly overestimated it's capacity or wildly underestimated just how many corporate seats you guys shift.

(Original post by RobbieC)
    No one wants to respond, or even WUM my dangerously awkward suicidal trigger post then?
    Surely by now everyone knows that the greatest way to wind you up is to ignore you? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    How many seats does the Emirates have? If there's only 3,000 tickets for Barcelona fans and anyone below a silver membership at the club doesn't stand a chance of getting a seat I must either have wildly overestimated it's capacity or wildly underestimated just how many corporate seats you guys shift.

Surely by now everyone knows that the greatest way to wind you up is to ignore you? :p:
    There's 60k seats at the emirates. 40k are season ticket holders if my memory serves me well. I would guess there's probably somewhere between 30-50k silver members and a load more red members. If you're a junior member you become a silver member as well so that's how the silver membership is building up.

The home leg goes on sale at 11am and I'd imagine they'd be gone by lunchtime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    There's 60k seats at the emirates. 40k are season ticket holders if my memory serves me well. I would guess there's probably somewhere between 30-50k silver members and a load more red members. If you're a junior member you become a silver member as well so that's how the silver membership is building up.

The home leg goes on sale at 11am and I'd imagine they'd be gone by lunchtime.
    I see. I take it season ticket holders get priority for their seats a couple of days before they go on sale to silver members?

ReputationRep:
    I see. I take it season ticket holders get priority for their seats a couple of days before they go on sale to silver members?
    Well at Arsenal we get 7 home cup games included in the season ticket (not the carling cup though) so we don't need to buy them. But yeah we would obviously get priority for away games and finals.

ReputationRep:
    Well at Arsenal we get 7 home cup games included in the season ticket (not the carling cup though) so we don't need to buy them. But yeah we would obviously get priority for away games and finals.
    Oh, didn't know that (there's nothing like that at Villa included as standard). I imagine it makes them quite expensive though...

ReputationRep:
    LOL There's already some ridiculous wait time to get on the ticket page. They're not even on sale yet!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck man :cool:

ReputationRep:
    wish i was in the queue..damn this red membership!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, didn't know that (there's nothing like that at Villa included as standard). I imagine it makes them quite expensive though...
    Yeah but then you get what you pay for

I've got the cheapest ST in the ground (also ironically the best because it's where everyone sings and stands) and I pay £950. It was a bit more this year because we played 9 home cup games last year so had to pay for the extra tickets.

You have to take into account we're a Top london team and therefore you pay what you get for. An individual ticket for where I sit is £32. That's not ridiculous because some clubs charge a lot more. We do have the grade system where the big games (i.e. united, chelsea, spurs, liverpool plus certain cup games) cost about a third more but the demand will be higher so you can expect it.

There's also a myth that abroad tickets are cheaper. For example the Barca tickets vary a lot in price but there's a game against Tenerife where an equivalent seat is €84. So I actually think we're do alright.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mini_lidi)
    wish i was in the queue..damn this red membership!!
    Well since I made that post 15 mins ago the bar has only reached about a 1/5 of the way along

ReputationRep:
    In other news Eduardo is only 9/2 to be first goalscorer on saturday. That's some seriously low odds considering he probably won't start (Bendtner is fit again now). I reckon the bookies have been taking loads of sentimental bets on him.

ReputationRep:
    But Bendtner is now a doubt according to SkySports

ReputationRep:
    Well since I made that post 15 mins ago the bar has only reached about a 1/5 of the way along
    Tried Ringing?

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...ds/8585432.stm

What the **** you up to Stalin? :afraid:

Any luck yet MM?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...les-from-robin

RVP 2 weeks away. Scoring the winner in the NLD :sogood:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.