Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5#post24355905

FIFA 10 league thread here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    Yeah but then you get what you pay for

I've got the cheapest ST in the ground (also ironically the best because it's where everyone sings and stands) and I pay £950. It was a bit more this year because we played 9 home cup games last year so had to pay for the extra tickets.

You have to take into account we're a Top london team and therefore you pay what you get for. An individual ticket for where I sit is £32. That's not ridiculous because some clubs charge a lot more. We do have the grade system where the big games (i.e. united, chelsea, spurs, liverpool plus certain cup games) cost about a third more but the demand will be higher so you can expect it.

There's also a myth that abroad tickets are cheaper. For example the Barca tickets vary a lot in price but there's a game against Tenerife where an equivalent seat is €84. So I actually think we're do alright.
    Wow. It's times like this that I'm glad I support a "smaller" club. :p: My season ticket used to cost £400 (although I'm reliably informed that next season it would be increasing to £450) in one of the best areas of the stadium. I think the cheapest you can get was something like £300.

I think it's safe to say that I would never have been able to have a season ticket had they cost practically a thousand pounds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    Wow. It's times like this that I'm glad I support a "smaller" club. :p: My season ticket used to cost £400 (although I'm reliably informed that next season it would be increasing to £450) in one of the best areas of the stadium. I think the cheapest you can get was something like £300.

I think it's safe to say that I would never have been able to have a season ticket had they cost practically a thousand pounds.
    Well you have to take into account the cup games. So 7/26 * 950= 255

So if we're comparing like for like it's £695 for my season ticket in the most popular area of the ground (block 6 singing section).

For a team that is guaranteed champions league football every year that's pretty good IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    Well you have to take into account the cup games. So 7/26 * 950= 255

So if we're comparing like for like it's £695 for my season ticket in the most popular area of the ground (block 6 singing section).

For a team that is guaranteed champions league football every year that's pretty good IMO.
    Meh, and given that you're in London you're probably used to being charged crazy prices for everything. :p:

But surely cup games (or at least the early cup games) don't sell for as much as premiership matches? At Villa Park at least you can usually pick up cup matches for around £10 pretty deep into the tournament.

(Original post by JK_91)
    NHS underpaying their nurses still?
    As if. Nurses (as well as every other kind of healthcare professional except the ones that do any doctoring) get their entire degree paid for and generous starting salaries. Meanwhile doctors are expected to saddle themselves with huge debts and then take on a job where they work illegal hours for free and ultimately get paid less per hour than NHS cleaners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    Meh, and given that you're in London you're probably used to being charged crazy prices for everything. :p:

But surely cup games (or at least the early cup games) don't sell for as much as premiership matches? At Villa Park at least you can usually pick up cup matches for around £10 pretty deep into the tournament.
    In the Carling cup, yes they sell lower tier tickets to adults at £10 and upper at £20 with half price for concessions.

It's about supply and demand though. The games sell out every time so why should arsenal lower the prices? The empty seats you see are season ticket holders who are too ******* lazy to turn up.

And yes I am used to ridiculous prices. My uni is in Guildford which is actually worse believe it or not. £3.50 a pint my arse!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Carling cup doesn't come under season ticket and they sell for reduced prices up until the semis or whenever we get a good team iirc.

FA sell for the same amount as league games - teams from lower divisions also come under grade b.

Champions league sell at grade b price for the group stage and then grade a for the knockout.
    Well they sold the liverpool CC game at the reduced prices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    I know, my initial point still stands.

I was the block 6 boy for that game anyway, not you.
    I'll be back for the last 2 home games of the season though :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    I am CowBot.
    DH is gone as a mod, so perhaps you may want to ask a supermod about the WUM soc. There's nobody assigned to socs at present......

ReputationRep:
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...with-adversity

Wenger pretty much blames Flamini for not winning the title in 2008 :rofl:

“But I do not think on that particular day [in 2008] we lost the championship,” he added. “There were much more heavier ingredients, like some players not completely focused. We had players who were at the end of contracts."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    :rofl: Flamini was a right **** about it though.

Btw, what row is your ST in?
    20 something. Near-ish the back which isn't actually a bad thing as I never get told to sit down. Don't really know tbh as whenever I go football I just kind of walk to my seat in autopilot.

On further thought, I actually want us to play Song-Silvestre against Birmingham, so that Campbell is completely fit for the Barca game. However, this apparently will not happen. :s: I'm not sure what Wenger is up to: is this an indication that Gallas might be fit by the Barca game?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    DH is gone as a mod, so perhaps you may want to ask a supermod about the WUM soc. There's nobody assigned to socs at present......
    Who's DH? Is it his special mod designation?

Or ********?

Yeah, probably that.

I've not been told I'm a mod yet? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Who's DH? Is it his special mod designation?

Or ********?

Yeah, probably that.

I've not been told I'm a mod yet? :lolwut:
    Socs was his area to mod.... dh001000 or something like that. But like I said, he's gone now so there's no mod to approve the WUMiety.

ReputationRep:
    FFS. At this rate i'll have to start supporting City, due to being up north, not having a hope in hell of EVER seeing an Arsenal match at this rate, and the fact that the Caliphate offers £5 tickets to home games for students. FML.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    You're such a lucky *******.
    how much does your season ticket cost you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richiboi)
    FFS. At this rate i'll have to start supporting City, due to being up north, not having a hope in hell of EVER seeing an Arsenal match at this rate, and the fact that the Caliphate offers £5 tickets to home games for students. FML.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Got 2 tickets after waiting half an hour on both internet and phone queue. Not great positions tbh but I will be there and thats the point

Just crawled through the past posts, unlucky JK it was terribly organised how they dished out the tickets. Should have logged on earlier than 10.30 rather than the 10.45 I did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Not got one.
    oh lol, misinterpreted what you said sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Has anyone said they'll take the other away ticket that you got yet? - Just saw your facebook from last night asking if anyone wanted to buy it.
    Yeah it went in about 24 seconds lol.

ReputationRep:
    JK for new leader, tbh.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.