(Original post by Barça)
    Eboue dived for the freekick that led to Campbell's goal. Eat that
    Eboue is King WUM

ReputationRep:
    Someone ring into the Fan's forum :mmm:
    0207 359 0999

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richiboi)
    Eto'o dived and Lehmann got sent off... Campbell scored... we looked healthy for most of the match.....then Henrik Larsson came on and changed the game. Prick. :mad:
    King Henrik was the one player I didn't want to see on that pitch in the final, because I knew he'd rip us a new one. As soon as he came on I knew we were going to get beat. I'm probably the only Arsenal fan chanting.

I was more scared of him than of a counter attack consisting of Robben, Ribery, Messi and Rooney.

Henrik Larsson is the king of kings!

ReputationRep:
    The Bhoy who would be King is a DVD you should all watch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    King Henrik was the one player I didn't want to see on that pitch in the final, because I knew he'd rip us a new one. As soon as he came on I knew we were going to get beat. I'm probably the only Arsenal fan chanting.

I was more scared of him than of a counter attack consisting of Robben, Ribery, Messi and Rooney.

Henrik Larsson is the king of kings!
    Yeah, he was pretty beastly back then. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Not sure if anyone has already posted it but Sunu has signed a new contract

Very, very good news imo, not even 19 yet but he has shown a lot of promise, there a fair few lads in the youth that look like they can make, certainly at some level but I can see this guy making it big for us.
    Personally.. I'm not so sure. I will reserve my judgement. One player I'm defo looking forward to is Nacer Barazite. Looks like absolute quality but doesn't really have a chance with our current midfield. The same could be said about Fran Merida.

We could actually have a situation like at Barca where the younger players with amazing potential will actually go elsewhere and maybe they'll come back and hurt us, like the case of Fabregas (fingers crossed:ninja:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    Personally.. I'm not so sure. I will reserve my judgement. One player I'm defo looking forward to is Nacer Barazite. Looks like absolute quality but doesn't really have a chance with our current midfield. The same could be said about Fran Merida.

We could actually have a situation like at Barca where the younger players with amazing potential will actually go elsewhere and maybe they'll come back and hurt us, like the case of Fabregas (fingers crossed:ninja:)
    tbh Barazite doesn't seem possess the quality to make it as a first class player. He's nearly 20 yet has barely made any appearances in the first team. I reckon he'll be moved on in the summer. Merida is the same age but possesses far more quality and strength than Barazite. It was a shame he got injured after scoring against bolton otherwise he could have had a short run in the team which would have been good for him. The fact we play 3 central midfielders could lead to him staying at the club though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Yeah Barazite is such a talent, I remember him playing a few years ago on his debut away at Sheffield Utd in the CC I think, ended up dislocating his shoulder and was out for a while. He did reasonably well at Derby last season but didn't really shine and I'm surprised we didn't see more of him the CC this season tbh.

I think Merida will get his chance, he too looks like a great upcoming player and another one we basically got from under Barca. :teehee:

I do rate both of their chances above the likes of Sunu's atm but can definitely see Giles making it for us, he seems to have always performed well under pressure and from what I've heard has scored a few goals whilst he's out on loan atm.

Which reminds me... what's happening with Simpson, I've not seen much football in the last few weeks but even before that I hadn't heard his name in a while. Same applies to Lansbury as well tbh.
    Same here Lansbury especially. Simpson I hear all the time with the recurring O'Jay Simpson puns:rolleyes:

The defensive prospects seem even better.. remember Pedro Botelho and Nordtveit and watching Djourou on the Arsenal website tonight was really refreshing. I really think that he can form a good partnership with the V-man.

edit:

Cant find anything better.:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Wrt Simpson, he has done very well at QPR. Scored a goal every two games or thereabouts, I believe.

However, I do not think him capable of anything more than the likes of Aliadiere... Someday Simpson will be an average Wigan striker... but not us I doubt.

As for tomorrows little encounter, a lot of people I've spoken to seem to be nervous about it, thinking we'll not be able to stop thinking about Eduardo's leg etc... It all seems a bit OTT and sky sports-ish.

In any case, I would like to see the following (without Bendtner):

Almunia
    Eboue Sagna Song Clichy
    Denilson Diaby
    Cesc
    Walcott Arshavin Rosicky

Need as many GELs and WUMs in the mix as we can tomorrow. I stick by my idea of using Sagna at CB. He's aerially sound (though not Sol) and Birmingham don't have a proper launch player anyway... so it'll do. Plus his recovery pace/positioning are excellent, as is his tackling.

ReputationRep:
    Told you he'd be back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Told you he'd be back.
    :lol:

Yup. He couldn't resist the WUMliness.

Robbie crumble tbph

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Wrt Simpson, he has done very well at QPR. Scored a goal every two games or thereabouts, I believe.

However, I do not think him capable of anything more than the likes of Aliadiere... Someday Simpson will be an average Wigan striker... but not us I doubt.

As for tomorrows little encounter, a lot of people I've spoken to seem to be nervous about it, thinking we'll not be able to stop thinking about Eduardo's leg etc... It all seems a bit OTT and sky sports-ish.

In any case, I would like to see the following (without Bendtner):

Almunia
    Eboue Sagna Song Clichy
    Denilson Diaby
    Cesc
    Walcott Arshavin Rosicky

Need as many GELs and WUMs in the mix as we can tomorrow. I stick by my idea of using Sagna at CB. He's aerially sound (though not Sol) and Birmingham don't have a proper launch player anyway... so it'll do. Plus his recovery pace/positioning are excellent, as is his tackling.
    Every one seems to talk about you and not to you.

Sagna thing is a good idea but I can't see it happening and why would you leave out Bendtner?

ReputationRep:
    I would personally start with Eduardo/Bendtner over Arshavin. Not for the aerial challenges, the Birmingham CB's arent the biggest really, but Dann and Johnson are a good pairing and we will need one of those two to be sharp and always in the right place, as they will no doubt be marked very tightly.

ReputationRep:
    My prediction of the day: Someone will be dropping points today. It won't be a clean sweep like it is most weekends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    My prediction of the day: Someone will be dropping points today. It won't be a clean sweep like it is most weekends.
    Of the top 7, Chelsea and Villa are playing each other so one of them are bound to drop points. Arsenal and ManU have tricky away fixtures to mid-table "gritty" teams. Liverpool are at home to Sunderland but nothing is certain with us. City and Spurs both look set to take hope the three points, both at home, to Wigan and Portsmouth respectively.

It's a tricky week for a lot of the big teams, you're right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_E_X)
    Of the top 7, Chelsea and Villa are playing each other so one of them are bound to drop points. Arsenal and ManU have tricky away fixtures to mid-table "gritty" teams. Liverpool are at home to Sunderland but nothing is certain with us. City and Spurs both look set to take hope the three points, both at home, to Wigan and Portsmouth respectively.

It's a tricky week for a lot of the big teams, you're right.
    I was referring to the title challengers but hadn't looked at the big picture so I suppose it is a difficult weekend for the top half teams

ReputationRep:
    I was referring to the title challengers but hadn't looked at the big picture so I suppose it is a difficult weekend for the top half teams
    Well, for the three title challengers yeah it's quite tough. Obviously Chelsea have it worse but it won't be easy for the other two teams either. There's plenty more twists and turns in the league yet this season, but Arsenal are running quite well at the moment so let's see what happens .

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to have to interrupt the serious football talk with this piece of genius from Sickipedia:

2 Girls 1 Cup: What John Terry will get this year.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to have to interrupt the serious football talk with this piece of genius from Sickipedia:

2 Girls 1 Cup: What John Terry will get this year.

Any joke referring to that video will automatically be deemed unfunny. I was fooled by some friends and I seriously have not recovered since, mental rape and I couldn't even stop it

ReputationRep:
    Eboue up to his usual tricks

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.