Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal to get Barcelona in the quarter finals after disposing of Porto. Revenge for 2006.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Arsenal to get Barcelona in the quarter finals after disposing of Porto. Revenge for 2006.
    I'd actually love to get Barcelona, even if we were to get knocked out. 2 teams that won't bus park and will both go for the win while playing beautiful football. The final in 2006 was ruined by the red card, and we had to play a lot more defensively after that, but over 2 legs I think it has the potential to be a classic. Plus seeing Cesc outplay Xavi and Iniesta would be delightful :teeth:. Knowing our luck we'll draw an English side and get knocked out again though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ar5enal Fan)
    Knowing our luck we'll draw an English side and get knocked out again though
    To Chelsea probably. Although I will want them for revenge too and as much as I'd enjoy your lot beating them, I'd want Chelsea to do it themselves. Lampard dive to get the winning goal from a penalty that never was and Messi to complain about cheating. Chelsea will probably get Real Madrid IF they beat Inter. They haven't met before and there's the Kaka-Ancelotti link too.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea would theoretically be the opportunity to right a particularly nasty wrong. If we somehow managed to get past them (presumably using some kind of tactical nuclear strike) and reach the final to play Barca, I might dare to think for destiny's sake it was finally our year. All fun conjecture though really. Porto are going to argue against any of that ******** very severely imo.

ReputationRep:
    Eh? Porto have been poor for a fair few years because they keep selling their players. I thought their national league was quite good but their co-efficient was lower than I originally thought. Dutch League MK II.

ReputationRep:
    We won't underestimate Porto. We are not comfortable enough to underestimate any opponent... and it can only be a good thing, because that's the only threat of Porto, imo.

They lack pace and any match winning individuals really. If we go about it professionally, we could all but end it in the first leg.

ReputationRep:
    Are you forgetting the £120m rated Hulk Robbie?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Are you forgetting the £120m rated Hulk Robbie?
    If that film cost 120 mil, they could've got some believable special effects ffs.

He's just a fat Baptista. A fat **** Baptttttiiiiiissssta.

But really, he's fairly average, by all accounts.

ReputationRep:
    Eh? Porto have been poor for a fair few years because they keep selling their players. I thought their national league was quite good but their co-efficient was lower than I originally thought. Dutch League MK II.
    Considering you bobbled your way past us well enough in 2004 Aaron I'm sure you appreciate the value of being careful against objectively poorer opposition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    Considering you bobbled your way past us well enough in 2004 Aaron I'm sure you appreciate the value of being careful against objectively poorer opposition.
    As Alan Pardew would say about Chelsea's winning goal, "Made in England!"

ReputationRep:
    As Alan Pardew would say about Chelsea's winning goal, "Made in England!"
    GEL terrorbundle tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal vs Barcelona :drool: The only English team that wouldn't park the bus against us :coma:

However it wouldn't please me to dispose of the Gunners tbh, then again going out to Arsenal wouldn't be the worst feeling.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely don't want Chelsea or Man Utd.

Don't particularly want Barca although it would be the game I'd most look-forward to. They're the better side and they'd be favourites but I think we'd have a better chance than many think.

I want Bordeaux...might be quite nice to see our new signing in action.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    then again going out to Arsenal wouldn't be the worst feeling.
    That would be Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    Going out to Liverpool would just be embarrassing. Losing to a championship team

ReputationRep:
    Playing Liverpool would be even more embarrassing. For a whole host of reasons.

ReputationRep:
    Playing Liverpool would be even more embarrassing. For a whole host of reasons.
    It's embarrassing for the competition that the disgraceful bunch comes anywhere near...

No pedigree, no history an a theme song from a mediocre broadway musical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    . . . theme song from a mediocre broadway musical.
    :rofl:

Carousel wasn't it? Mario Lanza did okay. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

Carousel wasn't it? Mario Lanza did okay. :yep:
    It's all just such an absolutely embarrassing situation.

You want to tell them they're singing from the hymn sheet of a mediocre broadway musical, but you don't want to shatte their little dreams.

Dreams are all they have :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Estádio do Dragão's a fortress - to think that we'll steamroll them in Portugal is absurd, then again, there were reports of a mass genocide at the San Siro some 6 and a half years ago, perhaps it was simply a myth...

On a serious note, I think the first legs will go something like this.

AC Milan > Man Utd
    Lyon < Real Madrid

Bayern Munich > Fiorentina
    Porto > Arsenal

Stuttgart < Barcelona
    Olympiacos < Bordeaux

CSKA Moskva > Seville
    Inter < Chelsea

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.