Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Was just listening on the radio and they asked a good question.
    Would you give up Cesc for Messi?

ReputationRep:
    i would rather have them both tbh

anyways looking at the games today, manure and chelski possess that killer instinct that arsenal seem to lack at the moment...we need to get it back before it's too late

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mini_lidi)
    Yes. Have you seen Messi recently?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mini_lidi)
    Messi, provided he can keep up his current form. Nasri/Arshavin/Rosicky/RvP can combine to replace Cesc. How's that a good question btw? Completely unrealistic and hypothetical ones never are in football. :p:

Great performance by the lads today, given the circumstances (particularly the "history" of the Eduardo injury) and the piss-poor pitch and Howard Webb (seriously, a booking for the first foul? be a bit more subtle in killing the game off for us). Gutted that we couldn't hold on 30 seconds more for the win.

I don't see Man Utd and Chelsea dropping more points than us, so I guess it'll be another year without the league. At least we gave it our damn all and got so close to it. Bodes well for next season. Proud of the team and the fact that they overcome games like Stoke, Hull and West Ham.

Daily Mirror and John Cross are having a field day atm because Wenger said the f-word in his press conference. ******* pathetic loonies pouncing on him like this and crucifying him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    Yes. Have you seen Messi recently?
    Given his age, I can't even imagine what he'll be doing when he gets to 27/28. Part of me wants to see Cesc play alongside Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and co.

ReputationRep:
    How much will this affect our performance against Barcelona? I mean 4 days isn't very long and...... I just don't know what to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    How much will this affect our performance against Barcelona? I mean 4 days isn't very long and...... I just don't know what to say.
    without intentionally WUMming, you're pretty stuffed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toby_ling)
    Messi, provided he can keep up his current form. Nasri/Arshavin/Rosicky/RvP can combine to replace Cesc. How's that a good question btw? Completely unrealistic and hypothetical ones never are in football. :p:

Great performance by the lads today, given the circumstances (particularly the "history" of the Eduardo injury) and the piss-poor pitch and Howard Webb (seriously, a booking for the first foul? be a bit more subtle in killing the game off for us). Gutted that we couldn't hold on 30 seconds more for the win.

I don't see Man Utd and Chelsea dropping more points than us, so I guess it'll be another year without the league. At least we gave it our damn all and got so close to it. Bodes well for next season. Proud of the team and the fact that they overcome games like Stoke, Hull and West Ham.

Daily Mirror and John Cross are having a field day atm because Wenger said the f-word in his press conference. ******* pathetic loonies pouncing on him like this and crucifying him.

Can't believe some of you guys. 6 games left and Chelsea have Liverpool and Man Utd to play. We can still ******* do this ffs:banghead: :banghead: :facepalm:

this is what wenger said:mmm:

"He got tackled at the knee, kicked just under the knee. We tried to take him off but he said he was all right. Am I suggesting there were a lot of bad tackles? Leave me alone with that, for f***'s sake.

"You are always looking for controversy, you do not need me to tell you what happened on the pitch. I can give you my opinion about our game but you always create this controversy."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    without intentionally WUMming, you're pretty stuffed.
    You are intentionally WUMming.

I'm not sure what to say, I can see us regaining our form and giving Barcelona a real good game on Wednesday, but I can equally see us totally crumbling and suffering a 5-0 defeat.

Ugh, all we can do now is wait, and also hope that Cesc is ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    Can't believe some of you guys. 6 games left and Chelsea have Liverpool and Man Utd to play. We can still ******* do this ffs:banghead: :banghead: :facepalm:

this is what wenger said:mmm:

"He got tackled at the knee, kicked just under the knee. We tried to take him off but he said he was all right. Am I suggesting there were a lot of bad tackles? Leave me alone with that, for f***'s sake.

"You are always looking for controversy, you do not need me to tell you what happened on the pitch. I can give you my opinion about our game but you always create this controversy."
    I've seen this quote already, but I seriously want to see the video interview because I can't find it anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    If Almunia can prevent himself from being a total clown then we're still in the same position as we were before. Obviously confidence will have taken a knock but we need to try and assert ourselves and try and keep a clean sheet. A 0-0 result isn't a bad score believe me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    I've seen this quote already, but I seriously want to see the video interview because I can't find it anywhere.
    I think it was an interview to the press only and not the tv channels.

ReputationRep:
    If Almunia can prevent himself from being a total clown then we're still in the same position as we were before. Obviously confidence will have taken a knock but we need to try and assert ourselves and try and keep a clean sheet. A 0-0 result isn't a bad score believe me.
    MM stop being so negative. 2-0 to the Arsenal is a serious possibility, even with Fabregas missing. I KNOW the guys will pick up their game.

ReputationRep:
    I think it was an interview to the press only and not the tv channels.
    Pshht, no video evidence so Wenger didn't swear.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly think mannone should play against Barca. **** experience when you can't catch a god damn football. Is he fit?

ReputationRep:
    Were people trying to argue the challenge on Fabregas was a bad one :lolwut:

Wengers rant was hilarious though "Leave me the f*** alone" :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    Were people trying to argue the challenge on Fabregas was a bad one :lolwut:

Wengers rant was hilarious though "Leave me the f*** alone" :rofl:
    If he really did say it then it was justified to be honest. Enough of the British tabloids have tried to stir up controversy with Wenger, the *****.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...cle370425.html

ReputationRep:
    Almunia is a joke of a keeper and always has been, I know Wenger is a very good manager and most good managers are that because of their stubborness and belligerence, but the great ones know when to put that to one side and do what is good for the team. Wenger should of done this by bringing in a top class keeper at the earliest oppurtunity rather than potentially having your season ruined by a man who is a mistake happening.

ReputationRep:
    That's such a surprise, I'd love to have heard him say that word... any links? LOL

Aluminia has never been a 'top class' goalkeeper. He's good, not great.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.