Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    The question is, will Messi be playing out wide all the time?
    Yes he will drift into a more central role at times, we saw enough of that against Stuttgart.

I'm confident the Verminator can do a good job against him, but it's Sol I'm worried about, his lack of pace will be a major problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mini_lidi)
    Going off track here but...
    Arshavin's GF/Wife
    Is that Baby Shavs?

ReputationRep:
    What happened to you lot having an easy run in? After next weekend your only 'easy' game is Fulham at home with four difficult fixtures inbetween.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    Xavi played yesterday, he'll be fit.
    Ah okay. nvm.

Unless Barca win, the second leg will be a sensational display of football for sure.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by mini_lidi)
    Going off track here but...
    Arshavin's GF/Wife
    Surely you could have found a better picture than that? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    What happened to you lot having an easy run in? After next weekend your only 'easy' game is Fulham at home with four difficult fixtures inbetween.
    You baffle me :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    You baffle me :holmes:
    Oh yeah? :perv:

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah? :perv:
    Not that kind of baffle :no:

ReputationRep:
    I seriously don't understand why people are saying we are out of the title race.

United 72
    Chelsea 71
    Arsenal 68

With 6 games to go, and with Chelsea/United still left to play, that's hardly out of it. Chelsea win 7-1, United 4-0, arsenall draw in the last minute, so the usual stupid analysis is to conclude Arsenal are out of the race. No one said anything when Chelsea dropped points. Next weekend, If United/Chelsea draw and we win (very likely results) we'll be 2 points from top. In fact that is what I expect to happen.

ReputationRep:
    Not that kind of baffle :no:
    I'm baffled. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    I seriously don't understand why people are saying we are out of the title race.

United 72
    Chelsea 71
    Arsenal 68

With 6 games to go, and with Chelsea/United still left to play, that's hardly out of it. Chelsea win 7-1, United 4-0, arsenall draw in the last minute, so the usual stupid analysis is to conclude Arsenal are out of the race. No one said anything when Chelsea dropped points. Next weekend, If United/Chelsea draw and we win (very likely results) we'll be 2 points from top. In fact that is what I expect to happen.
    Were not out of it but honestly we really havnt helped our cause. We knew it was going to be hard to get all wins at the end but the game against Brum was the game(s) we wernt all looking at when thinking about dropping points (City or Spurs).

So we have a greater mountain to climb which I just feel we could have been in a better psychological position had we been top by next week.

Still keep the faith as this season anything could happen

ReputationRep:
    I'm baffled. :o:
    Awww :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GunnerMT)
    Were not out of it but honestly we really havnt helped our cause. We knew it was going to be hard to get all wins at the end but the game against Brum was the game(s) we wernt all looking at when thinking about dropping points (City or Spurs).

So we have a greater mountain to climb which I just feel we could have been in a better psychological position had we been top by next week.

Still keep the faith as this season anything could happen
    True. We never lossed though. 6 games left, if we get 5 wins and a draw (very likely), then we have a great chance. United still have Chelsea/Spurs/City. Chelsea have United/Spurs/Pool. I still think we are fully capable of winning our next 6 games, if we do that, I'm 99% sure we'll win the title. With that said, I don't see either of Chelsea or United winning their next 6 games.

ReputationRep:
    True. We never lossed though. 6 games left, if we get 5 wins and a draw (very likely), then we have a great chance. United still have Chelsea/Spurs/City. Chelsea have United/Spurs/Pool. I still think we are fully capable of winning our next 6 games, if we do that, I'm 99% sure we'll win the title. With that said, I don't see either of Chelsea or United winning their next 6 games.
    I love the optimism but united are starting to hit top form and with the draw they've been gifted in the CL I can't see them faltering too badly. Admittedly they have some big games to negotiate. I think after next weekend we'll have a better idea of where things stand.

ReputationRep:
    No... you know you'll beat Wolves, so you can almost accurately predict it. I'd say with three games left you'll know whether or not you're in with a chance. If you're 3 points behind, then na.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Whilst I totally agree, this is a phrase that we end up using every single week lol.
    I was referring more to the united chelsea game than us. A draw would be ideal but we win either way. We need to put a few past wolves though really. Destruction of them would be quite nice and very timely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    I was referring more to the united chelsea game than us. A draw would be ideal but we win either way. We need to put a few past wolves though really. Destruction of them would be quite nice and very timely.
    I agree, we should look to be at least 2-0 at half time. And then go gung ho in the second half. This could be a game to introduce Eduardo, with his clinical finishing at home. We don't need any of that triangle stuff, just need to be completely direct.

Walcott was once again useless as usual against Birmingham. For every decent game (7/10) he plays, he puts in a shocker. I don't usually say this with any of our players, but I think we should cut our losses with him. We're at the stage in our development, where we are actually starting to see results, we can't afford to be carrying players at this stage. Our squad has come so far since our transition, and not everyone was expected to make the grade. If we don't win the league this year, I'll still be completely happy with the progress we've made. We are easily in the top 10 clubs in the world with the youngest side out of the top ten, and that in itself is a reason to be optimistic of our future. However I am still confident that we can win the league.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like something to do with the World Cup :p:
    Indeed

Titi topless :gah:

ReputationRep:
    I agree, we should look to be at least 2-0 at half time. And then go gung ho in the second half. This could be a game to introduce Eduardo, with his clinical finishing at home. We don't need any of that triangle stuff, just need to be completely direct.

Walcott was once again useless as usual against Birmingham. For every decent game (7/10) he plays, he puts in a shocker. I don't usually say this with any of our players, but I think we should cut our losses with him. We're at the stage in our development, where we are actually starting to see results, we can't afford to be carrying players at this stage. Our squad has come so far since our transition, and not everyone was expected to make the grade. If we don't win the league this year, I'll still be completely happy with the progress we've made. We are easily in the top 10 clubs in the world with the youngest side out of the top ten, and that in itself is a reason to be optimistic of our future. However I am still confident that we can win the league.
    To be fair on walcott in the first half we were abysmal and there was no service to him whatsoever. I still think we should give him some more time because at the start of the season it could have been argued that we had given diaby more than enough time and we should get rid of him but now he's a beast. Theo is still only 21. It's hard to believe but it needs to be taken into account. Not every player can be a Messi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voodoomagic)
    Indeed

Titi topless :gah:

Beautiful advert:love::love::love:..saw it about two weeks ago.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.