Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Fat Frank likes his pepsi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Fat Frank likes his pepsi.
    Don't forget the pies. Or the cakes. Or anything with a high ******* fat content the greedy *******

I'm not so happy with the Almunia bashing in here. It's one thing to be critical of your players, but quite another to go full out crazy at them. Lets not look for scapegoats, especially when this season has been so much better than generally expected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    I'm not so happy with the Almunia bashing in here. It's one thing to be critical of your players, but quite another to go full out crazy at them. Lets not look for scapegoats, especially when this season has been so much better than generally expected.
    Normally yes but this has gone beyond the joke. For every good thing a player like Cesc does Flappy will do something equally ****. I guess it's just the laws of physics

(Original post by Michelin Man)
    Normally yes but this has gone beyond the joke. For every good thing a player like Cesc does Flappy will do something equally ****. I guess it's just the laws of physics
    Well, but this is like Eboue last season all over again, isn't it? Remember the game against Wigan where he inexplicably tackled Toure and passed to an opposing player?

It is fine imo to rationally criticise player performances, and even better to talk about solutions/rectification, but to subject a player to hate from the fanbase of their own club is a rubbish thing to do - e.g. the Almunia photo-edit thing from a couple of pages ago. :no:

ReputationRep:
    Well, but this is like Eboue last season all over again, isn't it? Remember the game against Wigan where he inexplicably tackled Toure and passed to an opposing player?

It is fine imo to rationally criticise player performances, and even better to talk about solutions/rectification, but to subject a player to hate from the fanbase of their own club is a rubbish thing to do - e.g. the Almunia photo-edit thing from a couple of pages ago. :no:
    Eboue wasn't on a regular basis as this. Besides what Eboue did was bad but it wasn't things that lost us the game whereas Almunia IS. The only solution is a new keeper.

ReputationRep:
    e.g. the Almunia photo-edit thing from a couple of pages ago. :no:
    Tbh, the photoshop thing was being done as a joke and I don't think its the same as the all out rage insulting stick that people have been giving Almunia. No Arsenal player has gone unscathed in the MS Paint thread tbh :cool:

ReputationRep:
    What's happened to me?! Why the **** haven't I wummed you bunch of crumblers yet?

I still haven't seen supersub Kevin Phillip's last-gasp wonder goal :eek: He's one hell of a good supersub. Could someone link me to the goal plz.

:cool:

Eboue wasn't on a regular basis as this. Besides what Eboue did was bad but it wasn't things that lost us the game whereas Almunia IS. The only solution is a new keeper.
    (Original post by JK91)
    Eboue always put in 100%, whatever you say about his play he always put in the effort and imo you can't have a personal go at someone if they do this.

Almunia however, on a number of occasions has just seemed to give up. Nobody boos him at games, people sing his name in support but at times, especially the united game at home, he just gives up. That is not acceptable imo, I have no problem with people having a laugh on here making photo edits about him. I would however have a problem with someone shouting abuse at him during a game.
    (Original post by natty_d)
    Tbh, the photoshop thing was being done as a joke and I don't think its the same as the all out rage insulting stick that people have been giving Almunia. No Arsenal player has gone unscathed in the MS Paint thread tbh
    Okay, now that kind of arguement is what I'd agree with. When Ade was at the club, I thought he was a lazy prick, but I'd pick points about his general play to comment on. While the criticism for Almunia is definitely a fruit of his recent performances, things like the photoshop thing and comments about killing him upset me because they seem target the disappointment of the fans on one player, and it turns more emotional than rational, which leads to it becoming less and less constructive (and imo less funny) as it persists. I'm not against photoshopping - some of the ones on here have been hilarious and genuinely good - but it was the manner of the way the Almunia one was conducted that disturbed me.

ReputationRep:
    You need to get out more or look up the definition of a joke :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    What's happened to me?! Why the **** haven't I wummed you bunch of crumblers yet?

I still haven't seen supersub Kevin Phillip's last-gasp wonder goal :eek: He's one hell of a good supersub. Could someone link me to the goal plz.

:cool:
    https://arsenalist.com

ReputationRep:
    that link doesn't involve football :rolleyes:

come on, don't deprive me of this last-minute wondergoal. I've got another depressing week at work and I need some rofls to lift my spirits, even if it's at your expense :cool:. Sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    that link doesn't involve football :rolleyes:

come on, don't deprive me of this last-minute wondergoal. I've got another depressing week at work and I need some rofls to lift my spirits, even if it's at your expense :cool:. Sorry
    My bad:

http://arsenalist.com

Try that.

ReputationRep:
    eurggh, what a freakish looking goal. Oh well, got to raise the old heads and get focussed for Barca now :eek:

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

(Original post by n1r4v)
    (Original post by JK_91)
    (Original post by Stalin)
    (Original post by natty_d)
    I have got this competition in the bag with that one haven't I:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    I did one like this ages ago in the MS Paint thread tbf. :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    I did one like this ages ago in the MS Paint thread tbf. :shifty:
    I was gonna quote you but I knew you'd be a hater.:spank:

Still my fav member though

ReputationRep:

Intresting points:

- Messi was rested, played just ~40 minutes
    - Xavi back from relatively long injury..played ~30 minutes
    - Iniesta is injured, won't play at the Emirates, might miss second leg.
    - Mallorca had very good chances and good have won the game, hit the post twice
    - I for once agree with Goal.com and their player ratings, Pedro should hav e got higher, Ibra should've got lower though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Almunia competition eh?

Well here's a job that Almunia will definitely succeed at :awesome:

:rofl1:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    I was gonna quote you but I knew you'd be a hater.:spank:

Still my fav member though
    :awesome: :five:

Here's one I made earlier:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.