Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Sorry I've not been around for an age guys; ironically when I'm at home I have far less free time than at Uni. At the moment I seem to be spending two days away then a day at home. Plus I can only use the computer when neither of my parents are at home so they don't know I've worked out their password. :ninja:

Hoping for a good result tomorrow night, if we can go two goals clear at the Emirates I think it'll be ours to lose.
    All the fun has moved the The Dressing Room II (a.k.a. The WUMsoc )

ReputationRep:
    You have missed nothing but sheer filth Marcus :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michelin Man)
    Control yourself young WUM. Lie low then pounce at the opportune time for maximum destruction :sexface:
    Waaaaaaaaaay ahead of you.

I can't say I'm thinking about tomorrow at all, oddly enough. Well no, not oddly enough, there are good reasons for that - football naturally takes a back seat sometimes in life. I probably would be more nervous if we were playing Inter or CSKA at this stage though. With this lot you kinda know what you're getting and although we certainly have a chance, I can't say I'm expecting much.

Tell you what though, I have a suspicion the winner of this tie will win the trophy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    Waaaaaaaaaay ahead of you.

I can't say I'm thinking about tomorrow at all, oddly enough. Well no, not oddly enough, there are good reasons for that - football naturally takes a back seat sometimes in life. I probably would be more nervous if we were playing Inter or CSKA at this stage though. With this lot you kinda know what you're getting and although we certainly have a chance, I can't say I'm expecting much.

Tell you what though, I have a suspicion the winner of this tie will win the trophy.
    Indeed :perv:

I'm mildly distracted to understate things.

Moving house, trying not to get robbed of €860 from the old landlord, trying to make sure my friends get over here in one piece without anal rape from deviant immigrants, trying not to annhiliate my boss for giving me a ******** of work without the slightest explaination on how to do it

Plus I have full confidence in Eboue ripping Barça a new ******** :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    “When I played in Holland, I always tried to lob the goalkeeper. People used to say, 'Oh, you’re always only trying to make a nice goal’. But I said, 'listen, if the goalie is a little bit off his line, how much space do you have on his left or right? It’s not a lot. And how much space do you have above him? There is more. It’s a question of mathematics.
    "It’s fantastic. If you get the lob right, you can’t miss. You can say it’s not effective. But I say it is. I scored many goals like that.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...ul-vision.html

Boy do I love Bergkamp:love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sky Sports)
    Bordeaux's out of contract star Marouane Chamakh has hinted he will be playing for Premier League giants Arsenal next season.

The Gunners were heavily linked with the France-born Morocco international last summer only for les Girondins to dig in their heels.

They refused to do business and will now pay a heavy price should the 26-year-old leave on a free transfer this summer.

Arsenal and Liverpool have been linked with the talented striker and he concedes he is finding it difficult to ignore the prospect of playing for Arsene Wenger's side.

However, Chamakh knows Bordeaux have a crucial end of the season ahead with a UEFA Champions League quarter-final against Lyon next in their fixture list, while the club are also locked in a keenly-contest battle for the Ligue 1 title.

"Do I already have Arsenal on my mind? A little, but our end of the season is so important that I can't plan for life after Bordeaux," he told L'Equipe.

"I took a risk by not prolonging my contract because I could get injured at any moment. It's the first time I'll be a free agent.

"If I extended including a transfer clause, everyone could take advantage of it. But the situation is much more complex. I take my choice."

ReputationRep:
    Cesc misses training

Stupid Brummie hacking down Cesc with his follow-through. :dry:

(Original post by The Guardian)
    Breaking news: Cesc Fábregas misses Arsenal training ahead of Barcelona game ... more soon
    EDIT: Too slow...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Cesc misses training

Stupid Brummie hacking down Cesc with his follow-through. :dry:
    Meh, wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if Nasri played in the centre. We know how good he can be there and he'll make us a lot quicker in possession too.

I haven't commented on the Brum game, but can I just say that watching Wenger and the physio try to wave Fabregas off the pitch after he picked up his injury and Cesc basically telling them to **** off was probably the proudest I've been about an Arsenal captain for a long, long time.

Cesc knew he'd risk making his injury worse and risking his dream game against Barca, but he soldiered on and played through the pain. Because that's what captains do.

ReputationRep:
    If any of you have ATVO Wenger is doing a press conference now where he will supposedly say something about Cesc, or we could just wait till the article comes out lol

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Cesc is a "big doubt" FFS brummie neaderthals :rant:

ReputationRep:
    He is rated 60/40 to play. I suspect he'll start.

But overall it's good news: Gallas, Arshavin, Diaby and Nasri all ok.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be surprised if he didn't play. The injury is obviously real but its extent, ah. Had I been Arsene on Saturday and looked at Cesc's knee in the dressing room to be told by the physio that it's just a little bruising and he'd be okay for Wednesday, I'd thank God for sending me a frankly gorgeous psychological and tactical tool.

So, if he plays, I think it's a good bet that he was going to play all along and the boss is using it, and using it well.

ReputationRep:
    Annoyed with Bayern. Their chance of beating scum-united are slimmed; Robben is out, and Ribery is a doubt.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I think Cesc will play, even through pain, because it's the biggest match of the season so far.

ReputationRep:
    He doesn't really need to.

Nasri, Rosicky, Arshavin are basically the same player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richiboi)
    Annoyed with Bayern. Their chance of beating scum-united are slimmed; Robben is out, and Ribery is a doubt.
    United might as well book their tickets to Madrid now ffs

ReputationRep:
    So, anyone think Wenger will start Denilson ahead of Diaby? I have no clue.

ReputationRep:
    You know, this might make me look a complete ******* freak, but I'm going to say it anyway. You never know.

In September 1997, I had a dream one night about Arsenal winning the cup. Against Newcastle. We were in red and white, they were in black and white, and the main thing I remember about the dream itself was the weather - I'd be used to cup finals as a kid where it was a rainy, dull day. This was notable precisely because it was so sunny the pitch was almost reflective, I could feel the heat in my dream, and I even remember one "picture" from the "television" coverage where they showed the temperature gauge as being pretty ******* hot. I don't know why, but it just stuck with me, and I remember telling mum and dad about it the following day. Then I forgot about it.

Eight months later, we won the cup against Newcastle at Wembley, on one of the hottest cup final days on record. I sat there in shock, as it wasn't just the variables I was looking at occurring; it was like I was watching a ******* replay of what I saw in my dream it was that accurate. There was absolutely no difference whatsoever. None. Every detail was correct.

I'm not generally one to take those kinds of things seriously, so it was probably just a staggering yet fun coincidence. There was another though.

I had a dream that we played our first European Cup final in Paris against Barcelona. Nothing of the match, just the stadium and the teams, but about two to three years before it happened, and no outcome, though I had the impression we lost.

Ok, a bit interesting perhaps now.

Anyways, I did have one more about a year ago or so which was so outlandish as far as I saw it that I didn't even put it in the bracket of the first two, but the impression was it felt "replayed" in the same sense. They're odd types of dreams, I know that.

It was simple. Arsenal won their first European Cup against a French team, with Eboue scoring the winner.

Now, Arsenal v Newcastle in the Cup Final - very possible back then, although Newcastle were a pretty flaky cup team at that point and had a good run (indeed, they matched it the following year). Arsenal v Barca - given the teams we've fielded and they've fielded, again hardly out of the range of possibility, and Paris has held two finals in a six year period.

This one. I laughed and thought it was just another ****** up dream. But it still felt the same and I couldn't shake it off. I'm not saying it's right, and it could look ******* whacko, but it does at least make for interesting conversation and something a little different. We all like to wonder after all.

Now we have two French teams in the opposing side of the draw, and two teams quite capable imo of giving United more of a game than Bayern will, particularly Bordeaux. As such, I'm starting to get ever slightly interested.

If we turn Barca over, I might **** myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    You know, this might make me look a complete ******* freak, but I'm going to say it anyway. You never know.

In September 1997, I had a dream one night about Arsenal winning the cup. Against Newcastle. We were in red and white, they were in black and white, and the main thing I remember about the dream itself was the weather - I'd be used to cup finals as a kid where it was a rainy, dull day. This was notable precisely because it was so sunny the pitch was almost reflective, I could feel the heat in my dream, and I even remember one "picture" from the "television" coverage where they showed the temperature gauge as being pretty ******* hot. I don't know why, but it just stuck with me, and I remember telling mum and dad about it the following day. Then I forgot about it.

Eight months later, we won the cup against Newcastle at Wembley, on one of the hottest cup final days on record. I sat there in shock, as it wasn't just the variables I was looking at occurring; it was like I was watching a ******* replay of what I saw in my dream it was that accurate. There was absolutely no difference whatsoever. None. Every detail was correct.

I'm not generally one to take those kinds of things seriously, so it was probably just a staggering yet fun coincidence. There was another though.

I had a dream that we played our first European Cup final in Paris against Barcelona. Nothing of the match, just the stadium and the teams, but about two to three years before it happened, and no outcome, though I had the impression we lost.

Ok, a bit interesting perhaps now.

Anyways, I did have one more about a year ago or so which was so outlandish as far as I saw it that I didn't even put it in the bracket of the first two, but the impression was it felt "replayed" in the same sense. They're odd types of dreams, I know that.

It was simple. Arsenal won their first European Cup against a French team, with Eboue scoring the winner.

Now, Arsenal v Newcastle in the Cup Final - very possible back then, although Newcastle were a pretty flaky cup team at that point and had a good run (indeed, they matched it the following year). Arsenal v Barca - given the teams we've fielded and they've fielded, again hardly out of the range of possibility, and Paris has held two finals in a six year period.

This one. I laughed and thought it was just another ****** up dream. But it still felt the same and I couldn't shake it off. I'm not saying it's right, and it could look ******* whacko, but it does at least make for interesting conversation and something a little different. We all like to wonder after all.

Now we have two French teams in the opposing side of the draw, and two teams quite capable imo of giving United more of a game than Bayern will, particularly Bordeaux. As such, I'm starting to get ever slightly interested.

If we turn Barca over, I might **** myself.
    Dude!! You shouldnt have told anyone!

:woo:

Lets hope you get a Dejavu

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.