Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    :adore:

That is why you can't get yourself banned, you muppet.

Personally cannot wait for the game tomorrow. I'm not even nervous and I doubt I will be -- two teams playing reckless attacking football, if you're going to lose, that's the way you want to go out. BUT I feel we have one massive performance in the tank. With our first-choice defence back, and Song and Diaby playing superbly, our attacking players have the licence to go ****in' mental. Lets hope it all works out.

ReputationRep:
    Roffle. I think it's cool to say it, as I can't get it out of my head, and it'll be something to laugh at if we get raped tomorrow. :p: Just a weird couple of things, and football is about destiny after all. I don't know about you, but even at 90m you knew United were going to somehow win in the Nou Camp. At half time, 3-0 down to Milan, I was just sitting there overcome with some bizarre feeling that they somehow were not going to lose that night. I've seen some SERIOUSLY WEIRD **** happen in football, and you never know, might be our time to experience a bit of it. No reason why not really.

ReputationRep:
    I hope you haven't jinxed it, Hubert. :p: Weird how you said it was Eboue to get the winning goal, just when I joined the FB group 'Emmanuel Eboue to be Prime Minister'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JK_91)
    Oh did you Amira? :sexface:
    i did too..the guy is bigger than god now.. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amii_G)
    I hope you haven't jinxed it, Hubert. :p: Weird how you said it was Eboue to get the winning goal, just when I joined the FB group 'Emmanuel Eboue to be Prime Minister'.
    Lol. I talked about the other two enough; if anything, this far less, as it's the first time I think I've mentioned to anyone apart from mum and dad.

Spooky. :shh:

When I had that dream he was more likely to have been hung by a Gooner militia. :p: That's the other reason I lolled at the idea. By now I thought he'd have left the club tbh. But he's becoming a really aggressive and dangerous player whenever he turns up in the final third.

That in itself is almost worth taking note of, as you do get the feeling this year Eboue is the type to score important goals for some reason. Is it just me thinking that? Right now he's reminding me of Freddie in 2002, in that sense alone.

ReputationRep:
    Hubert, if that actually happens, I will literally **** myself. And then find you and hire you out to tell people's fortunes via your whacky dreams.:cool:

ReputationRep:
    Michel GEL NostraWUMus. Amirite? :sexface:

I think I would too tbh. It would be enough if we played a French team in the final though I suspect for me to further relegate the idea of coincidence.

The stadium though looked more like Athens or Istanbul. So we'll see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    Lol. I talked about the other two enough; if anything, this far less, as it's the first time I think I've mentioned to anyone apart from mum and dad.

Spooky. :shh:

When I had that dream he was more likely to have been hung by a Gooner militia. :p: That's the other reason I lolled at the idea. By now I thought he'd have left the club tbh. But he's becoming a really aggressive and dangerous player whenever he turns up in the final third.

That in itself is almost worth taking note of, as you do get the feeling this year Eboue is the type to score important goals for some reason. Is it just me thinking that? Right now he's reminding me of Freddie in 2002, in that sense alone.
    Unfortunately, the first you've mentioned it happens to be to an internet forum! Therefore, you shall be blamed solely if we do not manage to beat the French opponent when we reach the final. :cool: It actually seems, well recently, that Denilson has been the one to get those oh-so-important goals.

JK: You are so dead. I'm so glad I changed my privacy settings on FB last week.

ReputationRep:
    I can't see it happening, but then again, seeing as at least one french team will make the semis, anything could happen.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly think actually that United will have an extremely fifty/fifty semi final. For some reason, though my head says otherwise, I don't see them in Madrid.

It's got a kinda 2004 feel about it imo. I think the draw might fracture a bit at the semi final stage.

ReputationRep:
    Everone is worried about cesc not playing but I think on their day, Nasri Arshavin and co. are easily capable of filling his boots. And think how fired up for the second leg he will be if we can perform in the home leg?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry-AA)
    Everone is worried about cesc not playing but I think on their day, Nasri Arshavin and co. are easily capable of filling his boots. And think how fired up for the second leg he will be if we can perform in the home leg?

Agree..I can't stand being in this thread anymore..the nerves are too much to bare:no:

Amazing little premonition:lol: I've had one about the game on Wednesday where we went down 0-2 within 15 minutes and I was in tears but the crowd didn't go quiet:ahee:

Diaby scored 2 late goals to make it 2-2 and an amazing match we're we dominated everything but we were useless infront of goal. It ended 3-3 after 2 games

I can luckily tell you that my dreams never come true:woo:

ReputationRep:
    I'd be inclined to agree with that, at least in the sense that right now our centre is probably not wanting for depth too greatly. Obviously we'd always miss Cesc in a certain sense - you're not going to exactly love losing a player like that. But yes, it's manageable. I'd be much more concerned if we lost someone defensive. Or Almunia isn't set alight prior to the game as a torch warning a la Galatasaray. Seriously, he may as well not ******* be on the pitch tbh. Cretin.

Arshavin is the question mark I reckon. He's unpredictable, and one suspects the tactical focus may come down more on him than Cesc or even Messi as a result. I know I'd be looking to free him up as much as possible and use that unpredictability as a creative positive, not a lazy negative as it happens to be for him in some matches. I have a feeling his specific orders will be to drop balls over their line and float laterally as much as he can, but apart from that simply a large degree of free licence. We must get their line running.

I'm going 2-1, which would be a risky but suitable result given the context; Bender and Rosicky. Nick will get behind them and provided he is courageously direct I fancy him to damage their positioning fairly early on, so could be a quick goal. I also fancy their midfield to slight separate as the game wears on more to the flanks, to counter any lateral movement on our side. That makes a running midfielder quite likely, again if he's courageous in his directness, to be a decent bet for a goal.

As for them, any goals will not be direct, more than likely. Through the middle yes, but not directly forward; they'll look to drop off and do something similar to our line as we to theirs, except without the balls over. Instead, they'll focus on torsion, and getting centres moving in opposite directions relative to the forward movement of the ball. That gets significantly more workrate out of them, makes pace more of an issue, and helps inject confusion into the line - a very handy tactic on all three fronts which stands to expose Arsenal's worst faults. As such, just before or after half time, Messi either immediately creating or executing the goal.

Tactically, absolutely fascinating match.

ReputationRep:
    Or Almunia isn't set alight prior to the game as a torch warning a la Galatasaray. Seriously, he may as well not ******* be on the pitch tbh. Cretin.
    I have a sneaky suspicion (or maybe its only me praying in my head) that Almunia is gonna play a blinder.
    Granted he played shocking against Brum, but the game against West Ham he played much better, if I am honest not all hope is lost for him (hes just not consistently good enough for a top team, and he is rarely at his best). But my word if he costs us this game (well over the 2 legs) I will go absolutely spare :mad:

ReputationRep:
    If the fire is lit appropriately, it can indeed blind the observer. I suggest a magnesium tamper.

ReputationRep:
    Can't watch the United game tonight because of my workload, will be listening to the game on the radio instead :rolleyes:

Will be watching game tomorrow, all being well, depending upon workload. If I'm let down in terms of quality and entertainment value, there'll be hell to pay. Bring Mr anti-football down.

ReputationRep:
    You will rape them. Seriously messy canal towpath stuff tbfh WHW.

Bayern would cause us trouble for the very reasons you will find them nothing more than merely one dimensional and overtly simplistic. In sum, to us, opportunistic ramraiders, to you, retarded chavs. They can be the same thing or the most opposite imaginable depending the outlook of the viewer, no?

ReputationRep:
    No need to worry...Thierry promised me he would score 2 og's

ReputationRep:
    bayyyyeeeernnnnn BOOOM

ReputationRep:
    Ouch 2-1 to bayern...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.