Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Oh. My prediction is that he'll maybe miss Chelsea, but nothing more. English media are bound to make a meal of it just because it was the man who was meant to carry us to World Cup victory in the Summer.
    Yeah im sure the headlines will involve our world cup chances depend on this etc etc etc
    But they will miss him in the chelsea match

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    Conceded. :top2:

Their collective movement and individual technique is really quite unusual for a side that is physically so on the large side.

Having said that, and I mean this, overall that was one of the worst quality Champions League quarter finals I can remember seeing. United, playing like that, will absolutely infuriate me should they reach the final. Broadly, for the winners not to come from our side of the draw would already seem somewhat upsetting.

If Arsenal play like that tomorrow I'd expect to get absolutely raped and wouldn't complain either.
    There's nothing wrong about losing to Barcelona tbh

I think Bayern might just get through 90 mins at OT and come out victorious.

ReputationRep:
    Is this for real?

ReputationRep:
    At least it's not as bad as Arse Mania in that sense. The Barca worship on there is ******* embarrassing sometimes.

I would only look at that as an advantage of course if we happen to turn the Catalans over. I'm fed up of seeing the draw crumble around us in Europe while we sit at the end of the table carefully licking up the delicious scraps. Yet, 2-1 away actually is not a bad result, tbh. So I see no particularly reason to get too excited other than fun conjecture and the fact that was not a performance you'd expect of winning candidates.

If United were to go out, for that fun hyperbole, I personally think if we happen to make the semis we'd be staring the trophy in the face.

ReputationRep:
    At least it's not as bad as Arse Mania in that sense. The Barca worship on there is ******* embarrassing sometimes.

I would only look at that as an advantage of course if we happen to turn the Catalans over. I'm fed up of seeing the draw crumble around us in Europe while we sit at the end of the table carefully licking up the delicious scraps. Yet, 2-1 away actually is not a bad result, tbh. So I see no particularly reason to get too excited other than fun conjecture and the fact that was not a performance you'd expect of winning candidates.

If United were to go out, for that fun hyperbole, I personally think if we happen to make the semis we'd be staring the trophy in the face.
    We'd be staring Inter in the face.

Me no likey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    We'd be staring Inter in the face.

Me no likey.
    I have a hunch they'll **** up against CSKA. Seriously.

They so remind me of what we have been like: WOW!!!! Great performance! Champions of Europe in waiting against a huge side! > "easy" draw > more excited! > OMG WE ****** IT UP! = :facepalm2:

Either way, I think we'd deal with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TI-84)
    I don't know if anyone has seen this video.

But go to that link, and scroll to the middle of the page. There is a video called "cesc in 2001".

That is quite an interesting video to put up by Barca considering the situation.

"Hello im francescfabregas im 14 years old i play for the U14 A team for FCB and my dream is to one day play at the camp nou and score a goal like that"

Well, lets hope his dream will come true tomorrow.
    It was quite interesting to put that video up now.

ReputationRep:
    If you hear an arseh**e is for sale, its reserved for Gary neville....

cos Ribbery ripped nevilles in half

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TI-84)
    I don't know if anyone has seen this video.

But go to that link, and scroll to the middle of the page. There is a video called "cesc in 2001".

That is quite an interesting video to put up by Barca considering the situation.

"Hello im francescfabregas im 14 years old i play for the U14 A team for FCB and my dream is to one day play at the camp nou and score a goal like that"

Well, lets hope his dream will come true tomorrow.
    Next Tuesday don't you mean? :lolwut:

People running the Barca site are doing everything they can to entice Cesc back home! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Next Tuesday don't you mean? :lolwut:

People running the Barca site are doing everything they can to entice Cesc back home! :p:
    haha yes quite right.
    Next Tuesday! Bad error :p:

ReputationRep:
    Great read about Cesc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    Richard Keys: "Here's a replay of the Rooney twisting his ankle...it's not for the faint-hearted"

Oh noes, a twisted ankle!! What a ****in' spaz.

Not a bad result for manyoo tonight, in all fairness. Hopefully they way they lost is a kick in the balls and they let it affect them for Sunday's game.
    What? We have a game on Sunday too? That means three games in five days...... dammit!

ReputationRep:
    Early Sat kick off then?

Even better. One less day to recover.

Though it's exactly the type of game I expect you to win. Win that and you've won the league IMO. Chelsea win, and we're relying on the spuds and Liverpool to **** them up. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    The last team I can think of who would be affected by that to an excessive degree is United. It's no coincidence that the consistency of their trophy hauls under SAF runs parallel with their psychological stability. Relative to other teams they are still by far the strongest in that department imo. I would however agree on the win suggestion - I can barely see United dropping the requisite number of points plus our gain to overhaul them, and this is one of those two games where I see it is even remotely possible. Win it, and frankly I think United have their fourth in the bag.

People give too much attention to their luck, for example, without recourse to just how it's often created. Now that is an interesting factor - and rather than being sinister, for the most part it's very simple: They work their ******* socks off and mentally are terrifyingly robust. Arsene is flaky, and Chelsea as a club experience too great an amount of flux to truly benefit from their manager's abilities in that area, at least this early.

ReputationRep:
    Early Sat kick off then?

Though it's exactly the type of game I expect you to win. Win that and you've won the league IMO. Chelsea win, and we're relying on the spuds and Liverpool to **** them up. :facepalm2:
    Yeah I'd expect United to scrape it. Liverpool will beat Chelsea, but when have spurs ever done us a favour!

Spurs play us on the Wednesday and then Chels the weekend after, they're bound to get something in one of those games. We can only hope it's the latter!

ReputationRep:
    for the most part it's very simple: They work their ******* socks off and mentally are terrifyingly robust.
    True story.

That's all it is.

There's no chance in hell Fergie would allow Arshavin to be the way he is at Arsenal. He'd basically say: "Track back or **** off". He'd give him a game and if he doesn't shape up, he'd bench him and then sell him.

Wenger seems to be far too lenient on our guys.

ReputationRep:
    Early Sat kick off then?

One less day for Rooney to get fit, apparently he came off tonight. I wouldn't know seeing as how I've been working all ******* evening. FML. :facepalm2: I can't see the time having any negative effect on the rest of the squad, though, and suggest it could be of benefit. Quick chance to get tonight's loss out of the system.....

I'm not going to comment on who'll win, but would agree that if we win the title is ours to lose.

ReputationRep:
    True story.

That's all it is.

There's no chance in hell Fergie would allow Arshavin to be the way he is at Arsenal. He'd basically say: "Track back or **** off". He'd give him a game and if he doesn't shape up, he'd bench him and then sell him.

Agree.

We go 1-0 up, and then start doing that triangle crap. We are very good at getting a lead, but we are terrible at killing off games. This is primarily a mental problem, rather than a one to do individual quality. Funny enough, Wenger's approach probably suits an experienced side (i.e the Invincibles), whereas a Fergie/Mourinho/Capello aproach could work wonders with our youngsters.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno. I'd say Wenger's strength is turning young players into very good players. Obviously we're speculating but Wenger doesn't seem to be tough enough on players. It doesn't matter whether they're experienced or not IMO. You still need to motivate them.

The proof is in Wenger's much publicised outburst at Anfield this season.

Cesc: "The boss screamed. I've never seen him like that before. He was really disappointed in the first half and said we didn't deserve to wear the Arsenal shirt if we played like that. And I think he was right.

"In the second half we turned it round.''

I get the feeling that, footballing-wise, we're better than any other team in England. But being 'better' doesn't cut it. We need to be a lot better than the rest to compensate for Wenger's tactical deficiencies. Every manager has his strengths and weaknesses though, I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    True story.

That's all it is.

Agreed with this.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.