Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's obviously not, but it's an advantage to have as strong a team as possible on paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Porto's only fit striker is Falcao, and their main playmaker is out injured. I think we can sneak a win out there.

Hulk will be returning from a lengthy domestic suspension so probably won't be as sharp as normal.
    We're missing 5 players, there's no way we'll win out in Porto.

ReputationRep:
    The away goal is more important. I'm terrified of not getting it, but I can't say I'm particularly worried about losing provided it's only a one goal difference.

ReputationRep:
    1-1 in Porto, 2-0 here. Bye Porto.

We're the most likely to progress. I think Chelsea might scrape it, but United could struggle.

ReputationRep:
    Flamini on the bench against United.

Here's a question.

Who is/was better?

Song this season, or Flamini two seasons ago? :holmes:

I think Flamini slightly edges it at the moment as he's a bit better going forward.

ReputationRep:
    Just read this from the website:

"Eduardo has a recurrence of his hamstring injury." :rant:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...quad-for-porto

This is just getting silly.

ReputationRep:
    Song, imo. They're not very easy to compare afaic, but given the choice Alex strikes me as more suited to our overall design, or at least where we're going. Flamster was hardly out of place, but as I say, given the choice . . .

ReputationRep:
    Flamini doesn't have the strength... he's more of a little scrabbler than a rock.

Song has rock potential :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I would like to know what the regulars on here think about Cescs potential. When compared to modern legends of the game such as Zidane, how do you feel about Fabregas? Do you feel he has the potential to be as good or maybe better? Do you feel he may already be at this stage but will continue to improve? Do you feel he will never reach this bracket of legendary players status?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZizAli)
    I would like to know what the regulars on here think about Cescs potential. When compared to modern legends of the game such as Zidane, how do you feel about Fabregas? Do you feel he has the potential to be as good or maybe better? Do you feel he may already be at this stage but will continue to improve? Do you feel he will never reach this bracket of legendary players status?
    Cesc's potential is already mostly fulfilled. His technical abilities are basically as good as they will ever be wrt short passing accuracy and ability to strike the ball. He has recently begun to up his tenacity, which has really helped his game. He's at a cross-roads with respect to his role.

I can right now picture him, with equal success, taking up the mantle of a deep lying playmaker who does his share of the tackling, or a support striker/attacking mid, who doesn't put in so much work defensively.

I reckon if you took the Arsenal players' average field position, Cesc would be the second furthest forward this season, after Arshavin. He always seems to be leading the charge.

I do not think Zidane levels of ability are out of the question, but I think that it is highly unlikely.

How far he goes really depends on his own attitude from now on in, as his talent is sufficient to become a real legend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    1-1 in Porto, 2-0 here. Bye Porto.

We're the most likely to progress. I think Chelsea might scrape it, but United could struggle.
    Not when Rooney's playing.

ReputationRep:
    Zidane > Cesc, there's simply no comparison.

ReputationRep:
    evening boys, and odd girls of the forum..ive been out of technology all day and have just heard of our injury crisis ahead of tomz..:zomg: it is baad..i say we go out there and play for a 0-0

ReputationRep:
    Playing for 0-0 in an away leg of the CL knockouts, well, if Arsene did that I'd want his fluoxetine doubled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)

I do not think Zidane levels of ability are out of the question, but I think that it is highly unlikely.

How far he goes really depends on his own attitude from now on in, as his talent is sufficient to become a real legend.
    I gave you an oppertunity to be sensible and wise and this is how you respond. Fabregas will never be in the same bracket, no matter how hard he trys.

ReputationRep:
    You really are going to watch it, Jizzali. I gave you a chance to behave yourself, and you have roundly failed the examination. Silly, silly boy.

ReputationRep:
    I gave you an oppertunity to be sensible and wise and this is how you respond. Fabregas will never be in the same bracket, no matter how hard he trys.
    And you know that how? It is very unlikely he will ever be that good but its not impossible, which is what he said. Whats wrong with that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    And you know that how? It is very unlikely he will ever be that good but its not impossible, which is what he said. Whats wrong with that?
    So hang on, one minute. People in here are supporting the idea that while unlikely, it is not impossible for Fabregas to match the level set by Zidane?

ReputationRep:
    Zidane is a rather poor potential comparison imo. Not to mention, excluding factors of style and play, failing to compare in raw terms is frankly something that puts Cesc in the same bracket is almost every other player in the last decade. Cesc is a marvel, truly. Zidane however was a monstrous beauty, so far from the ordinary as to be freakish yet so perfectly natural as to show us all the way ahead. Heroes anticipated the Zidanes of our world as freaks to most but in hard terms nothing more extravagant than another step on the evolutionary ladder. As far as football need be concerned, Zinedine Zidane is a ******* Petrelli.

ReputationRep:
    So hang on, one minute. People in here are supporting the idea that while unlikely, it is not impossible for Fabregas to match the level set by Zidane?
    It's highly unlikely, but not impossible. The lad's only 22 ffs.

If you're saying it's categorically, 100% impossible for him to reach that level then you're the narrow minded one, not us.

(Original post by Hubert Poo)
    Zidane is a rather poor potential comparison imo. Not to mention, excluding factors of style and play, failing to compare in raw terms is frankly something that puts Cesc in the same bracket is almost every other player in the last decade. Cesc is a marvel, truly. Zidane was a monstrous beauty, so far from the ordinary as to be freakish yet so perfectly natural as to show us all the way ahead. Heroes anticipated the Zidanes of our world as freaks to most but in hard terms nothing more extravagant than another step on the evolutionary ladder. As far as football need be concerned, Zinedine Zidane is a ******* Petrelli.
    I didn't understand any of that, but ... :drool:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.