Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    Men against babies.
    You what? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Puyol didn't get the ball and brought down a man shaping to shoot from 6 yards out. Thats a penalty and a red any day of the week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeppaloth)
    Puyol didn't get the ball and brought down a man shaping to shoot from 6 yards out. Thats a penalty and a red any day of the week.

ReputationRep:
    Good fight back by the lads, but we're in for it at the second leg.

ReputationRep:
    Good result guys, without their two centre backs you actually have a decent chance. Still big outsiders though. Rode your luck and benefitted from the ref, but take what you get :yes:

Great game for the neutral btw

ReputationRep:
    We really need RVP back ASAP considering the injury list...

ReputationRep:
    ******* brilliant fightback. Cut your boy *****.

ReputationRep:
    What a Game!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeppaloth)
    After the replay, to me, it looked like Fabregas got his foot stuck in Puyols legs and Puyol didn't know much about it tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    Considering lots of the decisions haven't gone our way, the one that did, mattered
    Said and done I think. The smiley of course makes all the difference :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    Love how all the wum posts have dried up. Was a great comeback, could have won it if fabregas didnt injure himself. I Fancied you lot at the draw, and still fancy you to beat them. You scored 2, only needs 1 more and you can win. They couldnt string 2 passes together for the last 15 minutes.
    Well done to them.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely Amazing second half. Nothing to say until the wummers and plastics go away

ReputationRep:
    The one replay ITV showed indicated that Fabregas just got his foot stuck in Puyol's legs, defender didn't know a thing about it in all fairness and it wasn't a foul.

ReputationRep:
    I really enjoyed the game tonight :yep:

Use nullified Messi by ignoring the **** out of him

The game at the Nou Camp will be even more open in my opinion as they won't be allowed to hold back by their fans.

Signs of tactical naivety from Pep though, not telling Maxwell to drop back once Walcott was shown to be having the run of the right side.

I don't see why it is being put as though Arshavin is going to be a loss in the second leg as he was one of the main problems with your team in the first 20 minutes and use really improved once he went off. Except for the defence letting you down again by being caught with a dog-legged line which is criminal once, but to have it happen twice :facepalm2:
    Good to see some character from the Arsenal players though :yy:

Almunia kept use in the game as well despite his mistakes for the goals. The same way that Ibra kept use in the game despite his goals.

ReputationRep:
    I know this completely lacks class, but I will piss myself laughing all night long about that piece of **** **** Puyol getting sent off. Small payback you dirty ******* ****. Get the **** off my pitch and choke on a ****.

Fabulous game. Have very little idea how we managed to get the draw, but am not complaining given the circumstances. Psychologically, that combined with the fact the "first half" of the tie ended with us scoring the goals may have given us some extra hope.

Normally, a 2-2 at home in Europe is a ****** result. In this, worse. But it's more of a chance than we had at 0-2, so I'm proud of how they worked things out and grew some balls in the latter stages.

They're far from the finished article, but I really do love watching this side grow.

30% chance in the Camp Nou is better than the 10% at best we would have got had we lost.

ReputationRep:
    ******* hell what a game. So proud of the team. Now i can see why barca fans were scared of walcott lol.
    I think we should use the same tactics they used against us at the nou camp ie press high on the pitch with numbers.

ReputationRep:
    Good result lads. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    :woo: we got it together.. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Cesc Fabregas. We love you. 'Nuff said.

ReputationRep:
    The team next week has to include Nasri, walcott and Eboue. Our 3 best players no doubt about it.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.