The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

emanuel_arsenalfc
:woo: we got it together.. :woo:

yay :cheers:

off topic: but i got my report today FML :emo:
Reply 7581
I know we were hardly in the game, especially in the first half, but 35% BALL POSSESSION!? Surely the lowest we've ever had. EVER.
amii_G
I know we were hardly in the game, especially in the first half, but 35% BALL POSSESSION!? Surely the lowest we've ever had. EVER.

29 according to itv
Reply 7583
Puyol & Piqué out of the second leg match.
This means that Marquez & Milito will have to play at centre-back. I think that is a crucial factor for us when talking about the 2nd leg.
Michelin Man
The team next week has to include Nasri, walcott and Eboue. Our 3 best players no doubt about it.

..and Diaby has to go. Complete *****.
natty_d
yay :cheers:

off topic: but i got my report today FML :emo:

oh dear.. that bad?
Reply 7586
rorydaredking
29 according to itv

Unbelievable. :facepalm2:
Reply 7587
I thought Denilson was excellent, he did a lot more defensively than Diaby did tonight.
Reply 7588
Michelin Man
The team next week has to include Nasri, walcott and Eboue. Our 3 best players no doubt about it.

Easily the best over the 90 mins! Theo and Eboue really proved their worth too. The last 30 mins showed if you get at Barca, they're defensively as fragile as us.

**** I ain't sleeping tonight, was ******* brilliant.
Reply 7589
Barca were by far the better side, and in the second leg they will;
i) Be at home
ii) Have Iniesta
iii) Be playing against you without Fabregas

Still - excellent game tonight, it was as "end to end" as football gets. Almunia deserves man of the match. You guys showed excellent spirit in the last half an hour or so, which is one of the main criticisms people have against you. Well done :smile:

I thought Walcott changed the game and I hope Fabio took note.
oh if only bentner had scored that header
errr, rofl, wtf?

You got raped for large periods of the game. Need to restock up on some lube for next week. Need to press and hurry them, which they were doing to you in the first 60-ish minutes. Did Barca run out of steam? Did appear that way a little. Walcott raped Barca when he came on but really you could have been 5-6 down before half-time. Almunia had an excellent game with the exception of their first goal.

Strange old game, intit?

I don't believe you'll get through, you may well get not only royally raped (again) in the 2nd leg, but this time around, get raped scoreline-wise.

But fair play to you, to come back after receiving such a brusing anal buggering, takes balls, balls of steel, and rofl, somehow you're still in the tie.

It's going to take an unbelievable performance from any team in Europe to beat Barca. I really can't see beyond Barca for CL 2010 winners. Anyone who says differently needs their head seeing to tbh.
Reply 7592
WHAT A ******* MATCH! Still think you're going out though :emo:
Reply 7593
Remembered Barca play RM in between the legs. If that's not a sign from above, I don't know what is!!

EDIT: Damn, that's the weekend after.

Walcott made the difference.
As others have said, Barca really aren't all that, defensively. Attack them and they're as fragile as ****. Hurry them, harrass them when they have the ball, chase and hunt them down and attack them. Do exactly what they do...
Lets hope almunia still has buffonitis when we go to the nou camp. He is actually a decent keeper, who would have thought that.
Denlison was quite good, but Diaby was shocking for most of the match.
Syn is going to come on and absolutely rave about how much Fabregas was our captain tonight, and he'll be completely spot on. This is a man who probably shouldn't have even started the game. This is a man who knew he was a booking away from missing his dream match but he still went in and made the challenge he knew he had to make. This is a man who ran all game, who kept going even when he could barely function as a human being. This is man who had the brass ******* ******** to put that ball down, wait out Puyol's delaying tactics, then smack that little ****** straight in. He is our captain, and I ******* love him.
Reply 7599
Haha, that was a brilliant match. I think Wenger got a bit sentimental by playing Fabregas, even though it looked like a dodgy injury. Gave priority to the CL over the league.

Very good to watch though. Next week should be an open game, with Barca missing both centrebacks!

Latest