Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    The Man Utd vs Chelsea 2008 CL final was pretty impressive tbh. Great entertainment value.

Please tell me that's a joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QUWERTY)
    Arshavin's injury did look quite fake actually, i mean he jogged off down the tunnel ffs. At least Gallas had the decency to use a stretcher.

Also, Vermaelen had an off game today, caught out twice by exactly the same long ball, he was always pushing forward with an eye on messi, who we managed to control excellently from 15 mins onward.
    He was literally being bent over and raped for 20odd minutes

Think he wanted to save his career prospects, haha

ReputationRep:
    Your players will have to sleep on their stomachs tonight. It could be quite painful if they were to lie down with their backsides pressing against the bed

Alternatively get out that ****ing lube. You'll need to buy in bulk for round 2 next week.

ReputationRep:
    So Barcelona had a right to be scared of Walcott!

ReputationRep:
    The way these two teams play another 2-2 draw or a 3-3 is possible. We don't have to win. Obviously we shouldn't be under any illusions, and it would be suicide to go there trying anything else tbh (it's a game of football, you don't go looking for a draw against an animal like that unless you're a very, very, very different side to us, to say the least), but there are other, very possible, ways of progressing.

It's all psychology as I see it from now on. Whichever side wishes to be more themselves, wins. Simple equation. Think about that statement from a tactical perspective and you'll get my drift.

ReputationRep:
    All Arshavin needs is a good game in his natural position and he'll be back, but being the lazy person he is idk if he can be assed to compete with Nasri/Rosicky/Walcott which is a shame :/

I hope Walcott doesn't start at Nou Camp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rorydaredking)
    He can be kept quiet. Hes an epic player but he can be smothered. When you did let him run at you, he made some beautiful runs.
    LOL just taking a dig at them.....Messi is a great player but i feel he's given way too much credit in the La Liga...Simple fact that you can't afford to give space to a top player like him and thats exactly what the Getafe's and Tenerife's do. I am not doubting Messi's ability but I would love to see him go away to Blackburn or Stoke on a cold wednesday night.

Dont see arsenal doing the business in the Nou Camp they hold the ball all too well and with iniesta back in contention for the second leg, he will look to give them that extra dimension.

Btw Sergio Busquets :yep:

ReputationRep:
    arshavin didnt seem bothered i felt.

Song was playing centre back right....was that before or after gallas went off

Bentdner should have scored with the header tho grrrr

ReputationRep:
    complacency? cockiness? I just could not see Arsenal coming back into the game. However, when Arsenal did have the ball in the first half and managed to get it into your half and attack you, they nearly had success, e.g. the ease with which Nasri turned one of your defenders and very nearly found the back of the net.

Tonight showed that you're magnificent with ball retention and going forward but that defensively, you have weaknesses. Barca aren't a perfect outfit but attacking-wise, close to perfection really. lovely pass from xavi for the second Barca goal. Sure, the Arsenal defending was a bit dodgy but the dink/chipped pass was delightful.
    I think we've all witnessed the first Barca crumble in a long time.

Barcelona played us off the pitch in the first half, I'm not even going to attempt to argue against that, but 1 goal knocked them down and they never recovered from it, which says a lot about a team - is Barca really invincible, do they still have the certainty about them when they're a few goals down, let alone one goal.

Without Puyol and Piqué, it's going to be a very different Barcelona, yes we'll be without Cesc, but I'm confident that Diaby - Song - Nasri will suffice, and may even turn out to be a stronger midfield than we had today, as Cesc was ball watching for a most of the game and in my opinion, didn't turn up for a good 70 odd minutes.

Walcott was devastating, his pace, they simply couldn't handle it or him, I even laughed when he scored. If we can get him to turn up next week I'm confident we'll win.

Go on WHW, serve Barca his long awaited crumble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlw31)
    Please tell me that's a joke.
    It's absolutely not a joke. I thought it was an excellent game. It had everything. Goals, dirty fouls, sending off, penalties...absolutely everything. Drogba getting sent off :cool: And a United win to cap it all off :cool: What made it sweeter is that Chelsea really could and should have won it, similar to Bayern in 1999. You do need luck in the CL, any team needs luck to win this competition. As proven with Barca last season, when playing Chelsea in semi-final, second-leg last season. Paid off the ref Tommy Ovrebo tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vn2009)
    arshavin didnt seem bothered i felt.

Song was playing centre back right....was that before or after gallas went off

Bentdner should have scored with the header tho grrrr
    After Gallas went off.

Denilson came on for Gallas and Song took up the CB position, and arguably, was at fault for both goals for simply not sticking with Ibra, but in all honesty, Alumunia should never have been lobbed, that's completely humiliating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    I think we've all witnessed the first Barca crumble in a long time.

Barcelona played us off the pitch in the first half, I'm not even going to attempt to argue against that, but 1 goal knocked them down and they never recovered from it, which says a lot about a team - is Barca really invincible, do they still have the certainty about them when they're a few goals down, let alone one goal.

Without Puyol and Piqué, it's going to be a very different Barcelona, yes we'll be without Cesc, but I'm confident that Diaby - Song - Nasri will suffice, and may even turn out to be a stronger midfield than we had today, as Cesc was ball watching for a most of the game and in my opinion, didn't turn up for a good 70 odd minutes.

Walcott was devastating, his pace, they simply couldn't handle it or him, I even laughed when he scored. If we can get him to turn up next week I'm confident we'll win.

Go on WHW, serve Barca his long awaited crumble.
    tbh the crumble does go to Barca tonight. Irrespective of the overall (and quite magnificent) rape, Barca did crumble after conceding the first goal. I don't know who has that lovely picture of crumble but it does need serving quite soon, or else it'll go cold

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QUWERTY)
    Arshavin's injury did look quite fake actually, i mean he jogged off down the tunnel ffs. At least Gallas had the decency to use a stretcher.

Also, Vermaelen had an off game today, caught out twice by exactly the same long ball, he was always pushing forward with an eye on messi, who we managed to control excellently from 15 mins onward.
    we controlled him like a chicken

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry-AA)

Best champions league game since AC-Liverpoor?
    What about our 4-4 last year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    What about our 4-4 last year?
    That was a PL game :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    He was literally being bent over and raped for 20odd minutes

Think he wanted to save his career prospects, haha
    So you've finished your crumble, tell me was it good, I've been switching up a few ingredients, instead of apple I used pineapple.

Pass me back your plate then, actually, keep it, you'll need it for the weekend.

:teehee:

ReputationRep:
    It's absolutely not a joke. I thought it was an excellent game. It had everything. Goals, dirty fouls, sending off, penalties...absolutely everything. Drogba getting sent off :cool: And a United win to cap it all off :cool: What made it sweeter is that Chelsea really could and should have won it, similar to Bayern in 1999. You do need luck in the CL, any team needs luck to win this competition. As proven with Barca last season, when playing Chelsea in semi-final, second-leg last season. Paid off the ref Tommy Ovrebo tbh.

:facepalm: Quoted you instead of Meskell.

ReputationRep:
    Was anyone secretly waiting for Cesc to kiss the badge after he scored the penalty? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    So you've finished your crumble, tell me was it good, I've been switching up a few ingredients, instead of apple I used pineapple.

Pass me back your plate then, actually, keep it, you'll need it for the weekend.

:teehee:
    If I was you I'd put mine in the oven on a slow burn so its ready for next week,

Lets hope Arsenals title challenge and CL challenge are finished within the next week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    That was a PL game :p:

What about our 4-4 with Chelsea?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.