Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    I think we've all witnessed the first Barca crumble in a long time.

Barcelona played us off the pitch in the first half, I'm not even going to attempt to argue against that, but 1 goal knocked them down and they never recovered from it, which says a lot about a team - is Barca really invincible, do they still have the certainty about them when they're a few goals down, let alone one goal.

Without Puyol and Piqué, it's going to be a very different Barcelona, yes we'll be without Cesc, but I'm confident that Diaby - Song - Nasri will suffice, and may even turn out to be a stronger midfield than we had today, as Cesc was ball watching for a most of the game and in my opinion, didn't turn up for a good 70 odd minutes.

Walcott was devastating, his pace, they simply couldn't handle it or him, I even laughed when he scored. If we can get him to turn up next week I'm confident we'll win.

Go on WHW, serve Barca his long awaited crumble.
    :yes: Spot on........beating Barcelona will be a big ask though (goes to check last time they have been beaten in the Nou Camp)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)

What about our 4-4 with Chelsea?
    I forgot about that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amii_G)
    Was anyone secretly waiting for Cesc to kiss the badge after he scored the penalty? :ninja:
    How did he celebrate??
    I was to busy running around my front room!!

Also how long will cesc be out for??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amii_G)
    Was anyone secretly waiting for Cesc to kiss the badge after he scored the penalty? :ninja:
    I was looking for it tbh.

He can be a scrote on occasion and I was expecting some kind of delicious WUM.

"You broke my leg, I BREAK YOUR FACE WITH MY ****!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mini_lidi)
    How did he celebrate??
    Hobbled as quick as he could to get the ball and get the game going again. He badly wanted the game won.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    If I was you I'd put mine in the oven on a slow burn so its ready for next week,

Lets hope Arsenals title challenge and CL challenge are finished within the next week.
    Drawing against the best team in the world isn't such a bad result in all honesty, considering the fact that you crumbled against them last season.

I think you're in dreamland here Crumble Lang, you're playing against Chelsea and are missing Roonited, wave goodbye to both your CL and PL challenge.

I've started preheating the oven for you, you don't need to tell me, I've been dishing your team out crumble for a while now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mini_lidi)
    How did he celebrate??

Also how long will cesc be out for??
    He didn't.
    He picked the ball out of the net, and then stumbled. Didn't seem as if he was excited. Very professional, I think Barça fan's should respect his gesture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Va_Va_ Voom)
    :yes: Spot on........beating Barcelona will be a big ask though (goes to check last time they have been beaten in the Nou Camp)
    Uggh. How many times.

We. Do. Not. Have. To. Win.

If people keep pushing that line they will make the task appear bigger than it really is. It's ******* difficult, not saying it isn't, but let's not make it some kind of impossibility.

It isn't. It's not incredibly likely, but seriously. Think European. Think two legs. It's not necessarily a cup final.

ReputationRep:
    If we're to beat Barcelona next week, we MUST score early. IMO

It's our only chance of keeping up with them, if we let them play and build up confindence we are literally ******

I think we should adopt a long ball approach to catch out their replacement CB and try and use Bendtners strength to hold it up for Nasri/Walcott. That's just my opinion though but after today it's the only way I can see us performing at Nou Camp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Va_Va_ Voom)
    January they lost to Sevilla in the cup. Before that it was against Rubin Kazan in the group stages. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh

A good reception for Henry aswell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    Uggh. How many times.

If people keep pushing that line they will make the task appear bigger than it really is. It's ******* difficult, not saying it isn't, but let's not make it some kind of impossibility.

It isn't. It's not incredibly likely, but seriously. Think European. Think two legs. It's not necessarily a cup final.
    Exactly, people should be optimistic and stop being pessimistic:top:
    Arsenal will most likely win it because of Nasri's and Bendtner's remarkable skills

I'm glad puyol is out:lol: less trouble to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    The very worst thing we could do is adapt.

I promise you, tactically the only way we stay in this competition is if we go for the jugular with absolute balls of steel. Adapt, play any other way, or ponder too much and we're ******.

It's the definitive leap of faith.

ReputationRep:
    Drawing against the best team in the world isn't such a bad result in all honesty, considering the fact that you crumbled against them last season.

I think you're in dreamland here Crumble Lang, you're playing against Chelsea and are missing Roonited, wave goodbye to both your CL and PL challenge.

I've started preheating the oven for you, you don't need to tell me, I've been dishing your team out crumble for a while now.
    You might find out the hard way next week that if you are going to WUM, you WUM from a position of power. Not when your obliterated team is going to play away to the best team in Europe with a goal disadvantage.

The title challenge won't be over for us even if we do lose to Chelsea and right now our match against Bayern isn't as tough a task as what you have.

ReputationRep:
    Just watching the highlights
    OMG at barca for the first 20 mins they were kicking our arse all over the field and should of been 3-0 within 30 mins

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    Uggh. How many times.

Looking at the Barcelona's home record........Rubin Kazan beat Barcelona but they haven't lost at home in the league this season. Have only lost 3 games at home in the course of 2 years in the champions league at home.

Another interesting fact(or not)........ they have conceded most of their goals late on 76-90..maybe suggesting lack of concentration.

ReputationRep:
    Also how is that the same Alumina that played on the weekend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Remarqable M)
    Exactly, people should be optimistic and stop being pessimistic:top:
    Arsenal will most likely win it because of Nasri and Bendtner
    Yeah, pretty much. Any task starts and ends in your head.

It's pissing me off how people seem to think we should long ball it, be more physical, etc., and/or just be grateful. Wtf? We have to be ourselves!

Barca rely on opponents changing their game to suit them just as we do. If Liverpool came to us saying "right, we'll get it on the floor and play them," we'd probably lol our ******* heads off. That's not brave. That's ******* stupid. It's a retreat from what you are good at.

It is no coincidence that when we were getting battered it was because Barca were allowed to assert themselves as Barca, while Arsenal weren't sure who they were. It was a matter of confidence surety in oneself. Like getting to know a girl really - do you think she's going to be attracted if she thinks you're not comfortable with yourself? In this kind of tactical scenario it works pretty much the same way with the ball.

We are competing for attraction, and for the affection of the ball. If we go there ourselves next week I see no reason why can't go through.

Whoever is most themselves get the girl in Barcelona - and a night of bliss under warm Catalan skies. Where else more romantic than that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    You might find out the hard way next week that if you are going to WUM, you WUM from a position of power. Not when your obliterated team is going to play away to the best team in Europe with a goal disadvantage.

The title challenge won't be over for us even if we do lose to Chelsea and right now our match against Bayern isn't as tough a task as what you have.
    WUMming aside, I like you, I really do, you have a pretty face, but please, please, don't make it easier for me. Why are you underestimating Bayern, a team who pulled a ******* fish out the hat yesterday night?

Utd lose Rooney, who'll replace him - Berbaflop, don't make me laugh.

Bayern gain Robben, who I rate as certainly one of the best right wingers in the world, their captain, Schweinsteiger, not to mention, Gomez should get a full game as opposed to the 20 minutes he got in Munich due to his injury. Ribéry was running rings round Neville and will more than likely do the same thing in a week's time.

In all honesty, I think you have the tougher tie and I'm not even WUMming.

ReputationRep:
    After Gallas went off.

Denilson came on for Gallas and Song took up the CB position, and arguably, was at fault for both goals for simply not sticking with Ibra, but in all honesty, Alumunia should never have been lobbed, that's completely humiliating.
    okay. Thought song was out of position for the goals....

For all the good almunia does, he always seems to make mistakes....its like he doesnt want us fans to like him :confused:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.