Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    Walcott's threat has been known as a major tactical point of contention ever since the draw was made, so I'm surprised people are reacting with shock, frankly.

Subs obviously have an impact, and this one in particular was highly aggressive. So I wouldn't disagree at all - yet one must put Walcott's introduction into a collective context. You can't just say "he came on and raped them while everyone else played the same." That most certainly did not happen. If you think that, you have a problem.

Arsenal generally take far too many touches when their confidence is low, and they become far too ponderous. People sometimes don't realise how much our game is dependent collectively on aggression and speed these days, always saying we're not like that anymore. We're not as direct with it, no, but it's still very integral to our overall movement. It underpins everything. When we're confident, our response is slick and we can be ourselves.

Walcott should be seen as a driving catalyst, not a one man wonder.

Beauty of football tbh, the simple stuff works. Bring on a pacey winger against a tired LB in the last 20 minutes to bring some ferocious play.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mini_lidi)
    Cesc Fabergas..Broken Leg
    NNoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo
    SkySports news just ruined my dayy
    :confused: :confused:

But he was hobbling!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    Beauty of football tbh, the simple stuff works. Bring on a pacey winger against a tired LB in the last 20 minutes to bring some ferocious play.
    Good match old chap! :cheers:

Should be fun next week. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Fabregas played with a broken leg? ******* warrior he is :congrats:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mini_lidi)
    Cesc Fabergas..Broken Leg
    NNoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo
    SkySports news just ruined my dayy
    His leg isn't broken, what on earth are you saying?

ReputationRep:
    If Cesc played the end of that game with a broken leg he has reached all new levels of respect.
    I need to see something about this broken leg though?!
    Does every Arsenal player have a calcium deficiency ffs? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amii_G)
    :confused: :confused:

But he was hobbling!?
    I've seen people play on with slight cracks before. :yep: You can be unaware of having broken a leg, believe it or not, if it's minor. Knew one person who only realised when they went to bed that night and woke up with shooting "lightning" like pains going down their thigh.

But I would consider it unlikely in this situation, and certainly consider it a very unfunny joke.

ReputationRep:
    I seriously doubt his leg is broken.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    It's on BBC as well:
    FOOTBALL: Arsenal's Cesc Fabregas fears he could have "broken something" in draw with Barcelona

Just looking at some of the stats though: we 6 attempts (3 on target), compared to 23 attempts (10 on target), and we had 35.4% possession. A draw was an amazing result. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Is there a link for this broken leg thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    I seriously doubt his leg is broken.
    Indeed, certainly a proper break of the bone

Perhaps whatever he had he amde worse when he blasted the penalty in.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...World-Cup.html

ReputationRep:
    Good match old chap! :cheers:

Should be fun next week. :p:
    As you can understand the results made me rather deflated, losing a 2-0 advantage is never great. However I'd have taken a 2-2 before the match so overall can't be to disappointed. Proud of the team though, playing like we did (apart from the end) against another footballing team like Arsenal satisfied my ego immensely :

What this game did was live to it's billing, fantastic football on display :yep:

P.S.

Arsenal's grass :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    As you can understand the results made me rather deflated, losing a 2-0 advantage is never great. However I'd have taken a 2-2 before the match so overall can't be to disappointed. Proud of the team though, playing like we did (apart from the end) against another footballing team like Arsenal satisfied my ego immensely :

What this game did was live to it's billing, fantastic football on display :yep:

P.S.

Arsenal's grass :coma:
    Indeed - if we're being honest, nominally, a 2-2 away draw is frankly an outstanding result. Then again I'm obsessed with away goals. And psychology, which oddly I think we take the points on, so to speak. So it's actually a very spookily balanced position. The first ten to twenty minutes in Camp Nou are going to be telling one suspects.

But thank you for not doing a Stoke and GELling our beautiful pitch. It was nice to play a football team for once.

ReputationRep:
    i hope fab hasnt broken his leg

lets wait till the scan

ReputationRep:
    Heres a better link to the statement i heard on Skynews
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle7083675.ece

ReputationRep:
    I've seen people play on with slight cracks before. :yep: You can be unaware of having broken a leg, believe it or not, if it's minor. Knew one person who only realised when they went to bed that night and woke up with shooting "lightning" like pains going down their thigh.

But I would consider it unlikely in this situation, and certainly consider it a very unfunny joke.
    Ouch.

This sucks, Fabs was going to score my winning goal for Spain in the WC. Maybe you could whip up one of those dreams of yours.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I thought it was a decent performance from those players you'd least expect it from - namely Bender, Denilson and Walcott. I think they all did very well, but our lack of possession didn't give them a great oppurtunity to play. When they could, imo they did well, and obviously Walcott had an extremely positive impact. Even Almunia did pretty damn well, to be honest the first goal wasn't too bad a blunder.

The players you would have expected to have strong games; Diaby, Song and Vermaelen to some extent, and Fabregas (due only to injury though) didn't.

I thought Nasri did fantastically though, if that shot went in Arsenal could have ran away with the game. I think if he plays in the centre at the Nou Camp he could do even better. He could be even better than Cesc, given a couple of years, imho.

Although the result made me happy, it's frustrating that the two goals could have been prevented by Song talking to Vermaelen and Almunia making a better decision. Not that Barca didn't deserve the goals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amii_G)
    Ouch.

This sucks, Fabs was going to score my winning goal for Spain in the WC. Maybe you could whip up one of those dreams of yours.
    Roffle, if only I could do it on command. :p:

If it was December I wouldn't be too concerned, as that's still likely a fairly short term break. Now, well, obviously even the minimum six week lay off is going to severely dent everything, unfortunately. I have to say my first thought was his knee had gone.

I just don't get what it is with us and broken legs. We've had such awful, awful luck with them.

Interestingly, seeing as we were going to Camp Nou without him anyway, although it's a cold thing to say I honestly suspect we could still win the European Cup without him. The league? Ah, that's a different matter, I'm afraid.

Our chances of silverware have unfortunately been retarded significantly, and even though we go to Camp Nou with a 2-2 home result I suspect we may have a better chance of this now than the title.

But that's all conjecture - let's see what the scan says.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed - if we're being honest, nominally, a 2-2 away draw is frankly an outstanding result. Then again I'm obsessed with away goals. And psychology, which oddly I think we take the points on, so to speak. So it's actually a very spookily balanced position. The first ten to twenty minutes in Camp Nou are going to be telling one suspects.

But thank you for not doing a Stoke and GELling our beautiful pitch. It was nice to play a football team for once.
    If Pique wasn't suspended I'd me alot more comfortable, however with both him and Puyol out we have to play Marquez it seems. Rafael Marquez was a great defender, now he's just Pascal Cygan with hair This season he's made about 10 sub appearances and I remember a stat that said 9 out of 10 subs with Marquez results in Barcelona conceding, often a drawing goal or winning!

We'll just have to hold the ball like we did in the first half tbh, I'm a bit worried about the Walcott factor. Hope Abidal is back, Theo can play with a white boy like Maxwell but a big black man like Abidal will scare him back to Southampton

Overall good result and a fantastic game, cannot wait for the second tie.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.