Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Today. PS Helping riches...

ReputationRep:
    Overmars sold out so he could see all my negging :dry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    The one weak part of Cesc's game prior to this season was his pace and strength. He'd constantly pick holes in defences but he wasn't really a danger running at players and taking them on. The truly great midfield players can do both, like Zidane. But this season he's got quicker and stronger and started running with the ball to great effect, he's the complete player and undeniably world class. I'm sure he will get even better as well

He's already an Arsenal legend and will be talked about as one of the best players of the 10s in 10 years time but to surpass Zidane is most likely a couple of steps too far considering he is one of the best players of all time

It looks like based on your responses though that you've just asked a question just to knock an Arsenal player down, you seem like a sick ******, are you sure you're a fan?

Did you see that Vieira guy play tonight that Arsenal could so badly do with because I heard he had a ******* mare?
    I asked the question to see how many deluded fans would attempt to justify a case for Fabregas being able to match Zidane. Sadly there were a few.

With regards to calling me a fake fan and being critical of Vieira. If Vieira played badly then you are right to criticse him, so why am I such a bad person when I ********* criticise the ******* ***** that are putting on a red shirt week in and week out? ******** Walcott, ****** Denilson, ******** Bendtner, ******** Almunia, ******** Clichy. The only player at Arsenal who would start for a team who would win the league with consistency is Fabregas. **** this ****.

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad to see you've discovered the asterisk key.

ReputationRep:
    I do get annoyed with certain players but ultimately, you can't really blame them. It's the manager you've got to point the finger at. It's not Denilson's fault he gets picked. Also...Bendtner's not that bad any more. He has been doing quite well this season. If he gets a run in the team (which he should do now) I'm confident he'll end up with a decent goalscoring return (somewhere between 1 in 2 and 1 in 3).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overmars)
    I do get annoyed with certain players but ultimately, you can't really blame them. It's the manager you've got to point the finger at. It's not Denilson's fault he gets picked. Also...Bendtner's not that bad any more. He has been doing quite well this season. If he gets a run in the team (which he should do now) I'm confident he'll end up with a decent goalscoring return (somewhere between 1 in 2 and 1 in 3).
    When I do that I get an even worse reception from these guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZizAli)
    I asked the question to see how many deluded fans would attempt to justify a case for Fabregas being able to match Zidane. Sadly there were a few.

With regards to calling me a fake fan and being critical of Vieira. If Vieira played badly then you are right to criticse him, so why am I such a bad person when I ********* criticise the ******* ***** that are putting on a red shirt week in and week out? ******** Walcott, ****** Denilson, ******** Bendtner, ******** Almunia, ******** Clichy. The only player at Arsenal who would start for a team who would win the league with consistency is Fabregas. **** this ****.
    Thought so, another pointless question/statement from you on here just to provoke an argument

You can criticise who you like, some of them deserve criticism for their lack of focus and effort but it doesn't make them **** players. Some players take time to come good, you seem to support Diaby despite him being pretty **** for us over the past few seasons. We can't afford a team full of superstars because we opted for a superstar stadium, get used to it. I'd be disappointed and worried if Arsenal arn't winning things in 5 years, right now i'm not really

ReputationRep:
    RobbieC, your inbox is full!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Throwback)
    RobbieC, your inbox is full!
    Not anymore.

******* TSR. Give me some ******* space, you pricks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Thought so, another pointless question/statement from you on here just to provoke an argument

You can criticise who you like, some of them deserve criticism for their lack of focus and effort but it doesn't make them **** players. Some players take time to come good, you seem to support Diaby despite him being pretty **** for us over the past few seasons. We can't afford a team full of superstars because we opted for a superstar stadium, get used to it. I'd be disappointed and worried if Arsenal arn't winning things in 5 years, right now i'm not really
    This shocks me the most. Top managers find players and more importantly, they find tactics to get by and get through. Mourinho won the champions league and domestic league with FC Porto. He then guided Chelsea to back to back league titles before carrying on his winning tradition with Inter. If he doesn't lose at home in the next week, he will remain unbeaten at home with any club for 8 years.
    This is a real manager who goes through different generations, clubs, staff, tactics and finds success. So why are you willing to give Wenger another 5 years? Are you admitting he can't produce tactically? Are you admitting he is unable to find world class players again which he did years ago when he first came?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Not anymore.

******* TSR. Give me some ******* space, you pricks
    :console:

It'll be ok, babe. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    When I do that I get an even worse reception from these guys.
    I don't really want to keep discussing this but you're not getting a 'bad reception' for being negative. Sorry, but you're not. I'm considered relatively critical. But it's just that you don't offer any sort of balance at all. Everything's too black and white with you...and then you criticise us (or me?) for not getting straight to the point. This isn't an exact science...things are rarely as predictable and clear as you make it seem. If they were, then football wouldn't be very interesting and no-one would be talking about it. Saying we'll definitely finish 5th and only ripping into players/Wenger, and seemingly failing to acknowledge things that we are doing right just doesn't lend itself to a warm reception. You'll get that anywhere, I'm afraid...pub, at games..whatever. No gooner football fan wants to keep hearing how crap their club is 24/7. After a certain point, we've got to drop our concerns and get behind the lads -- especially during games.

I genuinely think it'd be good if you keep posting here. Personally, I always like hearing what other gooners have to say even if it's not "we're ****ing awesome and we're going to win the league". But offering nothing else except simply ****ging off the club at every opportunity gets quite tiresome.

ReputationRep:
    This shocks me the most. Top managers find players and more importantly, they find tactics to get by and get through. Mourinho won the champions league and domestic league with FC Porto. He then guided Chelsea to back to back league titles before carrying on his winning tradition with Inter. If he doesn't lose at home in the next week, he will remain unbeaten at home with any club for 8 years.
    This is a real manager who goes through different generations, clubs, staff, tactics and finds success. So why are you willing to give Wenger another 5 years? Are you admitting he can't produce tactically? Are you admitting he is unable to find world class players again which he did years ago when he first came?
    Is the bolded bit correct? Absolutely unbelievable if so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hubert Poo)
    Goodness sake. Seriously Clubber, you are now officially a **** WUM. Must try harder.
    http://eknives.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/fishing.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    :console:

It'll be ok, babe. :yep:
    Rub my head, you *****, at your peril :awesome:

I wonder if you speak with an Irish accent :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Throwback)
    Is the bolded bit correct? Absolutely unbelievable if so...
    Having done a little spot of research, without knowing what he did at Porto (although I Divisao is hardly the toughest league in the world), Inter Milan have lost once at home since the start of the 2007-08 season. I have no idea whether this was during José's tenure or not as he joined after the first couple of games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Having done a little spot of research, without knowing what he did at Porto (although I Divisao is hardly the toughest league in the world), Inter Milan have lost once at home since the start of the 2007-08 season. I have no idea whether this was during José's tenure or not as he joined after the first couple of games.
    José started at Inter during the 08/09 season.

Robbie, I do indeed speak with an Irish accent, what with being Irish and all. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    So he did. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Mr Ali, you are correct, the lack of spirit both from the Manager and the fans is worrying, especially since its BEEN 5 years since they won a trophy (Which IIRC was a blag in the FA Cup over Utd).

The fans have lots their guts, their belief, and their glory. Forever to be stuck in this transition period. To me it seems the transition period has gone on slightly longer than they expected and is continually extending

Its OK though, there is always one deluded one who thinks 'this year will be our year'. Careful though, or he may soon become a cheap imitation of a Liverpool fan.

Another few years of meandering around with no trophies and the blame can squarely be placed on the shoulders of the manager and board for failing to change a failing implementation of their long term strategy.

ReputationRep:
    Ah ffs, Hansson's ref?

This should be fun.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.